Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normsmom

normsmom New Member

Agreed. We are so saturated with water down here that if he is in there he would find very few places to really hide which are not also occupied by snakes and gators. If he is deceased I don't think after a few days there would be much left. They seem to keep going back, though, so they must know something. They don't do things on a whim with such great expense and manpower. I really just want to know what the parents know and am hoping they are talking and the public has just not been informed.

2. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Good info -- Thanks.

Welcome to Websleuths,
    stevie boy !!

ShadyLady, ThoughtFox, Kapua and 4 others like this.
  3. stormymama

stormymama Well-Known Member

I think BL is dead. He doesn't strike me as some criminal mastermind in the cartel or something who can disappear himself. He's 23 and that we know of, hasn't even lived on his own yet. His parents appear to be average people, firmly middle class (based on their home and vehicles - and yes, I know looks can be deceiving.) I've gone back and forth with it these last few days, and I just can't see how if he's alive, the FBI hasn't nabbed him yet. MOO

ShadyLady, b2alicia, makayla and 6 others like this.
  4. LMDlong

LMDlong Well-Known Member

Can you share the link to the video? Thank you

PhoneJockey and Marg from Oz like this.
  5. sleepysleuth

sleepysleuth Well-Known Member

Thank you, I was just asking for this information right when you were commenting. So she was closer to the creek, where the cross was placed. Thank you!

6. Selah84

Selah84 Active Member

10 Tampa Bay is doing a live helicopter feed right now so my guess is they are the ones in the helicopter
    They are no longer live but this was the feed I was watching:

7. Shear22

Shear22 Well-Known Member

This makes me wonder if the FBI found something in their search of the house that made them think the parents had dropped something off on the Venice side of the Reserve.

8. DCinga

DCinga Active Member

I notice Ford Transit Connects' on the road constantly now that I'm aware of them...

Each time with a pang of sadness

9. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

Im behind on this but The Monarch painting is in Ogden and surveillance confirmed they were there. Chris Cuomo had a segment on it and it’s posted on their Facebook as well.

10. FNG

FNG Here For Justice

11. Matic

Matic Well-Known Member

As far as the painted handgun hanging from the shelf in his room. That appears to be fake to me. No one I know hangs a firearm from the tg on a nail.

Unless there's actual footage of him firing it, it's just a prop imho.

12. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

COD hasn't been released, but nobody has said it hasn't been determined.

13. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

He would not go undetected around this area. Someone is bound to see him. A popular city area would be the dumbest move.

14. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

So, maybe he went to the reserve to kill himself, that's possible, of course, but I keep coming back to the fact that he could have killed himself anywhere, and if that was his plan, it might make better sense to do it where he would be easily found so his parents didn't suffer. JMOO

15. FNG

FNG Here For Justice

16. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

I am hoping she uploaded footage to her laptop that the FBI acquired.

17. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

He was seen at the campground area acting strange according to a witness. He was also given a ride by another witness. He was spotted at his Florida home by a neighbor. Who knows where else he was seen during that time. But now, crickets. Could he be cunningly on the run? Hiding? I guess anything is possible, but I highly doubt it. He’s not that smart. He has little money. He won’t have enough resources. Everyone knows who he is now. No one in their right mind is going to help him. He’s done. And in my opinion he’s already dead somewhere.

18. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

Several threads ago, a local posted that there are alligators, panthers, and lots of mosquitos in the Reserve, the weather was alternately hot, muggy, and rainy, and that person believed that he would be in bad shape if he were there, exposed to the elements even for just 3-4 days. So I agree that he's likely to be somewhere else. I think he's in a cabin somewhere. In addition to food and water, he needs shelter. MOO

19. CLGM

CLGM Well-Known Member

The tweet from this mornings search showed this sweet face and I was wondering if we could tell which kind of dog it is, but it sounds like it's not possible to tell just by the breed: https://twitter.com/NorthPortPolice/status/1440670269681532929?s=20

Marg from Oz and sonjay like this.
  20. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Just speculation but their lawyer's PC was cancelled at the request of the FBI. Maybe the FBI have been talking to them and providing them with certain information - like they have information that's he alive or something. I think you're right that you'd expect to see some type of plea from his parents to come home, they forgive him, anything that happened can be worked out, etc. So I think the FBI has to have a good reason for not doing that.

I also think some of this response is in response to the fact that LE said they "knew where he was" for a week when it wasn't true. I do think they may feel that LE messed up so they are trying to make it right. NPPD may officially say they didn't make any mistakes here but every LE commentator I've listened to admitted it was a clear mistake to not 1) verify his whereabouts in person and 2) keep a cop outside the house. And this was from retired LE like Duty Ron and Police off the Cuff that always defend LE so it's not just from the defense lawyers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.