Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underground caves in Florida are full of water. In fact, that swamp is mostly under water right now. If he's there, which I doubt, he is more likely up a tree than in a cave.
Agreed. We are so saturated with water down here that if he is in there he would find very few places to really hide which are not also occupied by snakes and gators. If he is deceased I don't think after a few days there would be much left. They seem to keep going back, though, so they must know something. They don't do things on a whim with such great expense and manpower. I really just want to know what the parents know and am hoping they are talking and the public has just not been informed.

The police and FBI are searching for BL using the latest technology. If they were to shut the reserve and use heat sensor drones, which are fairly vanilla tech, they would find him quite quickly.

Ergo, he is either deceased in the reserve and is leaving no heat marker, or he is not in the reserve at all. There is no way he is in the reserve alive as they would have found him by now.

Good info -- Thanks.

Welcome to Websleuths,
stevie boy !!

I think BL is dead. He doesn't strike me as some criminal mastermind in the cartel or something who can disappear himself. He's 23 and that we know of, hasn't even lived on his own yet. His parents appear to be average people, firmly middle class (based on their home and vehicles - and yes, I know looks can be deceiving.) I've gone back and forth with it these last few days, and I just can't see how if he's alive, the FBI hasn't nabbed him yet. MOO

There's been a lot of questions about the video from the helicopter from when they discovered Gabby's body. I don't believe that part of the video exists anywhere. It was from KSL5 and I was watching on facebook while they had a helicopter flying over the area. It went over where there was a huddle of people, the tent hadn't been put up yet. Then it started to make a bigger circle, headed toward the road and then started over to where the edge of the stream or river was. That's when you could see a body, in a clear area near the water. The newscaster immediately said something like "should we be filming this?" and then the body was out of frame. It was not buried, and I noticed later, when I went back to see if what I thought I saw was really a body, it was gone. I haven't seen it since, it's not any of the photos or videos that are being put out there on news stations or twitter or youtube. My guess it, it's been deleted. So if you're looking for a body in any of the current videos, it's not there, it's off camera of where they're setting up the tent.
Can you share the link to the video? Thank you

There's been a lot of questions about the video from the helicopter from when they discovered Gabby's body. I don't believe that part of the video exists anywhere. It was from KSL5 and I was watching on facebook while they had a helicopter flying over the area. It went over where there was a huddle of people, the tent hadn't been put up yet. Then it started to make a bigger circle, headed toward the road and then started over to where the edge of the stream or river was. That's when you could see a body, in a clear area near the water. The newscaster immediately said something like "should we be filming this?" and then the body was out of frame. It was not buried, and I noticed later, when I went back to see if what I thought I saw was really a body, it was gone. I haven't seen it since, it's not any of the photos or videos that are being put out there on news stations or twitter or youtube. My guess it, it's been deleted. So if you're looking for a body in any of the current videos, it's not there, it's off camera of where they're setting up the tent.

Thank you, I was just asking for this information right when you were commenting. So she was closer to the creek, where the cross was placed. Thank you!

@r_craig93 yes, I totally agree with this - what he did before gives us clues about what he might be doing now. The one thing I can't figure out is what is he doing for food. He may have left with a full pack and had one or more caches set up by his parents, in which case he could be just fine still. But eventually, he's going to run out. Of course, he could be doing the exact opposite too, and heading to say NYC or somewhere urban where he can blend in and survive easier.
This makes me wonder if the FBI found something in their search of the house that made them think the parents had dropped something off on the Venice side of the Reserve.

There seems to be holes in the timeline between Salt Lake City and Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area. I'm not confident (MOO) that the Happy Halloween Monarch/pumpkin instagram picture is from 2021. It seemed more consistent with pictures from a fall 2019 early 2020 road trip in similar areas.

We know GP checked out of the hotel in SLC with BL. There is then a FaceTime call with her mom that same day. (Do we know that call occurred inside Grand Tetons? was it on the way to Grand Tetons?). After that sightings are only of the van. Did anyone else see her at the Monarch mural? Did anyone see her buy the pumpkin? All of the sightings within Grand Teton are of the Van and BL alone.

Im behind on this but The Monarch painting is in Ogden and surveillance confirmed they were there. Chris Cuomo had a segment on it and it’s posted on their Facebook as well.

I don’t think he’s running; I think he is already dead and they are looking for his body. It would be a lot easier to find him if he was still alive-he would have been seen for sure by now. This is just my opinion

So, maybe he went to the reserve to kill himself, that's possible, of course, but I keep coming back to the fact that he could have killed himself anywhere, and if that was his plan, it might make better sense to do it where he would be easily found so his parents didn't suffer. JMOO

MOO
I think the youtube video was her first one. She's been instagramming and tik Toking, but this was to be her introductory video to her channel. Obviously her channel is a work in progress because it looks very incomplete. I'm sure there is a large learning curve to start with and she hadn't got over it yet. That was putting a lot of stress on their relationship. Usually people build a delay into their videos, either because they don't want to advertise where they are in real time or it just takes them that long to get it edited and upload. So I think that the next video would have included more of their current trip. Sadly she never got the chance.

I am hoping she uploaded footage to her laptop that the FBI acquired.

He was seen at the campground area acting strange according to a witness. He was also given a ride by another witness. He was spotted at his Florida home by a neighbor. Who knows where else he was seen during that time. But now, crickets. Could he be cunningly on the run? Hiding? I guess anything is possible, but I highly doubt it. He’s not that smart. He has little money. He won’t have enough resources. Everyone knows who he is now. No one in their right mind is going to help him. He’s done. And in my opinion he’s already dead somewhere.

if he has actually been in this reserve this entire time then I am inclined to believe he is no longer alive
Several threads ago, a local posted that there are alligators, panthers, and lots of mosquitos in the Reserve, the weather was alternately hot, muggy, and rainy, and that person believed that he would be in bad shape if he were there, exposed to the elements even for just 3-4 days. So I agree that he's likely to be somewhere else. I think he's in a cabin somewhere. In addition to food and water, he needs shelter. MOO

I had my GSD mix in SAR training for a while (before she blew out her knee and had to drop out). Our trainer (who is head of one of the leading SAR groups in this exact area of Florida where BL's family lives) told us that literally any dog can excel at any of the different types of searches. During the time I was in training, the best student dog in our group was a little lapdog type (a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, I think, or one of that type of breed).

But for cadaver searches, some dogs get really freaked out by the scent of human remains. I saw some of the dogs in our training group just shut down when we worked with cadaver scents. My own dog wasn't bothered by it at all, and in fact she seemed more interested in finding remains than in finding live people, so she probably would have ended up being used more in cadaver searches.

So it's really more a function of what an individual dog is good at.

The tweet from this mornings search showed this sweet face and I was wondering if we could tell which kind of dog it is, but it sounds like it's not possible to tell just by the breed: https://twitter.com/NorthPortPolice/status/1440670269681532929?s=20

This is the part that bugs me. I truly cannot fathom his parents being (from what we can discern and speculate) this composed if they are seriously worried about their son committing suicide. As someone who once ran away from my parents to attempt to take my own life, I can't imagine how his parents can seem so unconcerned. My parents were calling everyone they could think of when they realized something was off––the Laundries just seem a little too composed for parents of a child they believe to be in crisis, MOO.

Just speculation but their lawyer's PC was cancelled at the request of the FBI. Maybe the FBI have been talking to them and providing them with certain information - like they have information that's he alive or something. I think you're right that you'd expect to see some type of plea from his parents to come home, they forgive him, anything that happened can be worked out, etc. So I think the FBI has to have a good reason for not doing that.

I also think some of this response is in response to the fact that LE said they "knew where he was" for a week when it wasn't true. I do think they may feel that LE messed up so they are trying to make it right. NPPD may officially say they didn't make any mistakes here but every LE commentator I've listened to admitted it was a clear mistake to not 1) verify his whereabouts in person and 2) keep a cop outside the house. And this was from retired LE like Duty Ron and Police off the Cuff that always defend LE so it's not just from the defense lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken