Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whirrledpeas

whirrledpeas Well-Known Member

Even before I had my CCW, I (legally) took a firearm with me when camping solo out west, mostly for protection from a chance wildlife encounter that could endanger me.

Even without a CCW, you can legally travel to other states with firearms. Not all, but a good many.

2. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

German Shepherds are so great, they can play all sorts of roles.

NoSI, FLmom777, dms and 6 others like this.
  3. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

If he's been eaten by a gator, his body will never be found. Gators eat bones and all. Certainly BL knows that, so I wonder if he GTH outta there before things got so wet. Frustrating to contemplate, isn't it??

Welcome to Websleuths,
    normsmom !!

4. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

I saw a comment earlier, and can't remember which thread, saying that their theory was BL abandoned the van after the incident and was "hiking" the creek/rivers as a potential alibi (you know, I wasn't even there, yadda yadda) whenever he was allegedly picked up. This made me think, if he really was picked up, was he staying close enough to monitor the area but far enough to say he hadn't been there? He gets in the girl's car for a ride and realizes it's taking him away from the van and he won't know what's going on so he freaked out and got out?

UKUS, makayla, cass523 and 9 others like this.
  5. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

I don't think Brian Laundrie cares about anyone's suffering, including his parents.

6. Tealgrove

Tealgrove #Where Is Summer? #Gannon Is My Hero

Just another point about the dogs.

I'm not sure how hot it is in this area right now but when it is hot, dogs tend to breathe through their mouths rather than their noses. Panting is a way to cool down,

They won't last long in those conditions and overheat quite easily. Once they move to mouth breathing they CAN'T SMELL.

My guess is that they have an overabundance of dogs because they will only be good for short periods of time, will need to rest and cool down, and sub in a different dog to take over.

The conditions these dogs are working under are extremely harsh. Heat Exhaustion would be a real concern.

7. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

Its time for someone to offer at least a $50-$100K reward for information that leads to BL's capture. There's nothing like cold, hard cash to loosen lips.
    Brian is a human being. He's going to get hungry. He's going to need to clean himself up. He needs to relieve himself. He needs toilet paper, water, a change of clean clothes. He's going to need someone to provide these things, or he's going to have to provide them for himself. He's the star of this show, so he's going to look for free WiFi to keep up on his fame and keep track of where he thinks the bulk of the searches for him are. Look for him in internet cafe's, motels, fast food places - if he's on his own. Otherwise, he's got a relative stashing him away somewhere.

He's a loner only to the extent that its in his nature to be so. Actually, he's been almost fully dependent upon his Mommy and Daddy for food, shelter and unwavering support. His independence is an illusion. He's in his twenties, jobless and living off the family. That kind of behavior will continue.

Quiche, UKUS, JayWill and 13 others like this.
  8. sonjay

sonjay Well-Known Member

Looks very Belgian Malinois to me, but even experts can't always tell. Mals have become exceedingly popular for protection training, SAR, etc. Working dogs need drive, and Mals are pretty much in overdrive whenever they're not sleeping.

9. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

I have this same thought. If he was going to kill himself in remorse, it probably wouldve happened sooner. If its fear of capture, then why put your parents through this. I know its possible he's selfish, but I dunno. MOO

Marg from Oz and GRT like this.
  10. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I almost put that in my post, hoping that she had an edited next video that was nearly ready for upload, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable watching a video of the Happy couple loving their journey. Maybe if it was used by a DV watch channel raising money for awareness.

Marg from Oz and SUNchips like this.
  11. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

My opinion--that's precisely why he went there. LE has to know that, though, so why are they putting so much effort into a search for a dead body that may be impossible to find in that terrain? Is is definitely frustrating to contemplate, as you say!

12. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Thank you for clearing that up. When I was watching live after that time, they were replaying edited helicopter footage and the anchor said that their copter spotted what they believed to be a body but they would not be showing the footage.

13. cady

cady Well-Known Member

He obviously doesn't care about anyone's suffering. jmo

14. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

15. penguinface

penguinface Well-Known Member

But you’d think that if there was a delay, it would start with at least something from the 2,700-ish miles between the start of their trip and when Gabby first talks directly to camera at about 4:30 in the vid. At that point, from the landscape and surroundings, IMO they’re already almost all the way across the USA.

JMO but I think something happened with the footage, photos and perhaps other pieces where Gabby talked to the camera. Just strikes me as odd that there’s essentially nothing from across the twelve or thirteen states that their journey covered between when they left FL for Gabby’s brother’s graduation in Long Island and when we first see her speak directly to camera/the audience.

customCF, UKUS, Marg from Oz and 3 others like this.
  16. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

And they certainly had time to get it for him before he went walkabout. And if Gabby had any, I'm sure he scooped that up, too. Grrrrr.

17. cady

cady Well-Known Member

He obviously doesn't care about anyone's suffering. jmo
    YUP. Could be gator fecal matter.......................yecch

Marg from Oz and GRT like this.
  18. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

Where are you seeing BL'S parents to make this observation of not being concerned? They are down for the count seems to me. They're in hiding too.

19. simlyme

simlyme member since 04/2009

There's 1 live I can find, and it's the news station listening to a scanner . I'm not sure they would announce finding him over a scanner ,but who knows.

cass523, silverau, ThoughtFox and 4 others like this.
  20. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

So I was thinking at 2 am when I couldn’t sleep. If Brian is alive, his house backs up to an alley right? I think it’s possible that in the cover of darkness, and with his parents house being dark at night, he sneaks in at night and he’s sleeping comfortably in his bed after a hot shower and poking fun at the media because they don’t see him.

mainemom376 and Marg from Oz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.