Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tealgrove

Tealgrove #Where Is Summer? #Gannon Is My Hero

Great idea but he hasn't been charged yet, that we know of.

MOO

Marg from Oz likes this.

2. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

I considered that, too, but I'm not sure he's capable of empathy.

cass523, x_files, windrower and 2 others like this.
  3. soylattesandsleuthing

soylattesandsleuthing Well-Known Member

That, right there, is the well-known and adored Very Good Boy/Girl.

ToastIsUp, adot0902, dms and 13 others like this.
  4. sonjay

sonjay Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. Gators also like to stash their kills and come back over and over to tear off chunks. Like squirrels burying nuts for the winter.

Trident, ThoughtFox, borndem and 2 others like this.
  5. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

I'd imagine that it's either been offloaded to the drive... or still on the respective SD card(s), or saved on a phone.

Marg from Oz and Tippy Lynn like this.
  6. Vabrownid1

Vabrownid1 Active Member

Marg from Oz likes this.
  7. Lubilu

Lubilu Well-Known Member

EDIT: sorry, replied to the wrong post. I meant to reply to @Hyway and am trying to work out how to fix the quote reply on my mobile now :)

Were there not other posts posted to the YouTube channel? I've just watched the video that's up there now (I know, I know, I'm late but there is SO much going on in this case and everything moves so fast... I have a job, unfortunately!) and at the end of the video, there's a card which says 'Video no longer available' where people would often post a link to one of their other videos. Do we have information about whether that was the only video posted, or do we know if something has been removed since it was announced that Gabby was missing (either by LE or another party)? Just wondering - I don't have a real theory about this but it would be interesting to know if any videos have been removed.

Second edit: @penguinface has helpfully pointed out that the wording of the card is 'not available', rather than 'no longer available'. This is potentially an important nuance - I was just working off my (apparently very short-term) memory when I said 'no longer available'. I still don't know enough about the ins and outs of using YouTube as a creator when it comes to this, but the nuance is worth mentioning.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    Marg from Oz likes this.
  8. mitzy

mitzy Well-Known Member

Just want to say another thing regarding BL's Pinterest account.

According to Pinterest, he last pinned something 5 weeks ago. If you look under the board "all pins" it says "5w". That means 5 weeks. If for example he pinned something 5 hours ago, it would say "5h".
    Along with that, the pins are displayed chronologically, with the most recent pins on top. The further down you scroll, the older the pin is. I doubt he pins dozens of pins per day, which means his creepy pin that is making the rounds online in media, is very old. This is the pin in question.

I know people are looking for clues everywhere, understandably so. But I just wanted to share that maybe his Pinterest isn't all that it's being made out to be in regards to Gabby's murder.

Edited so I could add another image.

Attached Files:

9. meatandcookies

meatandcookies Well-Known Member

NYC and LI cost of living is really high. He would have to be getting a significant amount of money from somewhere to finance that.
    His old hometown, Blue Point, is about an hour and a half from the city and is COVERED in teal ribbons that were put up yesterday in Gabby’s memory. I don’t believe he’d go there—he’d be spotted immediately, and if anyone gets caught having harbored him, they’d be shunned from that community SO FAST.
    There are no freight train routes for him to hop on LI, and hitchhiking just doesn’t happen here. Anyone who tried that would stick out like a sore thumb. They’ve both been all over the news; I honestly don’t think he’d last long in NYC either. I think it’s much more likely he’s in somewhere like New Orleans, where nobody stands out, and cost of living is much lower. JMO.

cass523, thistle, b2alicia and 4 others like this.
  10. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

Maybe you missed the part where I said "still not 3-4 months". Also, there is a lot to see between Florida and New York. So anywhere from a few days trip to a week or more. That was my point, the Timeline shows the trip starting July 2nd from NY, but it really started from Florida and I don't know what date that was. Or even if they did weekend trips before that that he is including in his statement of how long they have been in the van. I did say I thought he might have been exaggerating to make them look more like hardened vanlifers rather than van vacationers.

11. logical

logical Well-Known Member

I hope they are looking very closely at any stolen car reports from around the area from last Tuesday onward.

If he is alive, I would think he would have been ready to take drastic measures to get out of the area quickly.

12. GDawg89

GDawg89 Well-Known Member

Your post sparked the possibility of being in a tree fort/tree house in the woods. Not diverting the subject of the discussion but a couple months ago in our community, Daytona Beach, FL., a policeman was shot and the FBI found the killer in a tree fort outside Atlanta several days later. IMO.. the Baker, FL sighting is in line with how he may go about hiding in the woods, although it does not appear to me that was him. Food supply for only so long etc..

13. FNG

FNG Here For Justice

14. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

Indeed. The foray into YT land was clearly not sophisticated. The lone vid seems to have been a 'get some content out there' so 'what can I use' move. Maybe there was some other strategy to move forward, but that is definitely not the way to grab attention.

ThoughtFox and Marg from Oz like this.
  15. Sunshynn

Sunshynn The girl with kaleidoscope eyes

This makes a lot of sense to me.
    He killed GP-either on purpose or accidentally-and decided to work on an alibi.
    He, at one point anyway, cared for her so why leave her out in the open like trash? IMO, he was hoping that someone would spot her and alert the authorities while he was 'out hiking' so there was no way it could have been him. Also, that would explain the hitchhiking when he, obviously, had a perfectly good van he could have used.
    He needed to be spotted while out hiking so that he had witnesses to prove that he was out hiking and was no where near GP body.
    I could imagine his surprise and disappointment when he returned to find that GP had not been found and the van was still sitting where it always had been.

16. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Agree. I very much doubt empathy is his thing.

17. Sunshine95

Sunshine95 Well-Known Member

I went on a road trip out west with my kids this spring. We wanted to bring a firearm for protection but didn’t because California has laws that made it an issue to bring one there. I don’t remember the details. I don’t think? They went to California but I’d assume they were planning to. Anyway just sharing our experience obviously don’t know how it relates to their decisions.

Marg from Oz and khaki like this.
  18. Jettson

Jettson Well-Known Member

I can't imagine that BL's parents are truly composed or unconcerned. They are probably in a state of shock. IMO

Haze, cass523, Beccalynne and 7 others like this.
  19. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I think it was an Introductory video saying This Is Who We Are so it included all the things that make up their travels. And the next video would have been the actual Vanlife video of their current adventure.

20. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

I havent re-listened to the video but is it possible he's saying they are on a 3-4 month trip rather than they've been on the road for 3-4 months? I believe it would be about that long if they planned to end on Halloween as I've read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.