Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tweet from this mornings search showed this sweet face and I was wondering if we could tell which kind of dog it is, but it sounds like it's not possible to tell just by the breed: https://twitter.com/NorthPortPolice/status/1440670269681532929?s=20

It is and it's not. While some dogs excel at a certain thing (ie; a little breeds) they're rarely used in real life police scenarios where natural ability, drive, stamina, size, precision,etc have to come into play. A GSD has 250+ million olfactory receptors a Labrador or bloodhound has around 300 million whereas a smaller dog will have 100-125 million and a human about 6 million.

Which is why you see hounds, shepherds and occasionally Labradors as the primary dogs used in police work. When you see bloodhounds, coonhounds or beagles with their nose to the ground you can almost count on the fact that they are trailing. They might be trained to do other things but trailing is where they excel.

GSD's , malinois, and labs tend to excel at tracking and air scenting and/or cadaver work. They have more stamina and drive then their hound cousins. You'll also see collie SAR dogs but more often in disaster or urban work- they're prized for having a high hunt drive, being agile and working independently.

When you're looking at a police situation they're using the best of the best dogs in each category so if you know their breed strengths you can ponder a pretty good guess at what that dog is doing.

MOO - The dog in the twitter link is very likely highly skilled- going by it's age. He or she is getting closish to retirement. I'd bet she's capable of tracking/ air scenting and cadaver and she probably excels above and beyond at one of those.

This was posted and may help:

“Everything was just normal life once he came back,” Charlene Guthrie told Fox News of the time Laundrie, 23, returned to his family’s home without Long Island native Petito on Sept. 1.

“He mowed the lawn. [He] and his mother went for a bicycle ride around the block,” said Guthrie, who lives across the street from the Laundries in North Port.

Brian Laundrie's neighbor reacts to Gabby Petito homicide confirmation | Fox News

Brian Laundrie acted normal after Gabby Petito went missing (nypost.com)
Since no other neighbors have corroborated her story I believe it needs to be considered somewhat suspect.

Earlier, Gabby Petito’s uncle, Steve, spoke out against the law firm representing Brian Laundrie’s family, saying "we don’t require nor want your empathy" and "by you trying to show compassion here at this moment is beyond disgusting."

"As far as the law is concerned this law firm may be immune due to attorney/client privilege," Steve Petito wrote on his Instagram page.

"But in the eyes of the public you are as guilty and complicit with this massive cover-up and stalling tactic," he wrote, without elaborating.

North Port Police public information officer Josh Taylor has told Fox News that cadaver dogs have been used "the whole time" in the search for Laundrie there, while investigators also are using sonar to check large bodies of water in the sprawling, rugged terrain.
Laundrie attorney says Brian's 'missing,' as Gabby Petito's uncle rips lawyer

They are angry and I SO get that. Prayers for that whole family. This must be excruciating.

Sales of silencers are highly restricted by law. They require an application and the purchase of a special permit that takes about one year to obtain. It is extremely expensive. Also, a little gun like that would not be easily fitted for a silencer. There might be makeshift ways to silence a gun, but I doubt that would be applicable here.

Anything can be bought online or black market/dark web now...anything but it would be traceable and would also show premediation.
But you can make makeshift ones and 3D print ones.
It's easy to get a black market gun in Florida.

Could someone remind me why a few days ago, there were rumors circulating, that he was in Puerto Rico? What was the basis of that?

Someone here suggtested Cuba. That was my immediate thought, when he was declared missing. Someone with little money but a need to avoid LE, someone located in FL no less, would consider Cuba as a destination, though I don't think the government there would be amenable to harboring fugitives from the US. The poster said, some of the coastal areas are populated only by small villages, but I imagine word would travel like wildfire, that a foreigner had appeared in their midst.

Word would spread fast but there is no love between the Cuban people and the Govt. My Husband was trapped in Cuba for 24 days recently (that is why I was going to sneak in) and from what he has told me about HIS experience, it would be easy to hide. A Sh** standard of living but defiantly do-able. The Cuban people do NOT want to "get involved" and the govt is failing too much to concern themselves with other Country's problems. Even if the Gov't did know a fugitive was there (especially American) they would likely turn a blind eye unless that person caused problems.

Sales of silencers are highly restricted by law. They require an application and the purchase of a special permit that takes about one year to obtain. It is extremely expensive. Also, a little gun like that would not be easily fitted for a silencer. There might be makeshift ways to silence a gun, but I doubt that would be applicable here.
Thanks for filling me in on that.
I get a feeling his alleged storage box trip home might have included purchasing further 'equipment', but that is only if her death was pre-meditated and there exists no evidence to suggest it's the truth.
If they're not readily accessible it's moot. Thanks again.

I don’t think it was anything in particular on the phone, it was the phone itself and what it represented. That phone was Gabby’s connection to people other than BL.

MOO: I believe BL drove off and left her at least once. I don’t buy the story that he went to Florida to clean out the storage unit. I believe he left her without anything but her phone and she had to get her parents to get her food and a hotel for a few days. I believe that she was resourceful enough to do that upset him because she wasn’t punished enough by this. I think he hated life in that van and saw her time in a hotel as a reprieve. So this time, he wanted to drive off and leave her without her cell phone or her belongings to really teach her a lesson. So he was going to take that phone to do it. When she fought back, he attacked her in public. MOO.

ETA: got the two events flip flopped, phone fight was before the hotel stay. But the point remains, he wanted to remove her access to other people.
I agree with some of this, tho, I think he LOVED the van life, but did NOT love being tied to having to take pictures and be on display for a social media effort, that may have seemed like a good idea originally but became something possibly more important than their relationship and interfered with the adventure he had sought when they chose to do this.

I see hints of this in what I perceive as impatience with the social media determination. I imagine if one person just wants poses, acting, pictures and videos to share with strangers, and the other has said, okay, but we are still going to spend time on adventures, exploring, and things we want to do together that don't involve impressing others, it could get rough. Balancing time allotted for both passions, in a respectable manner, would require some negotiation. If one person didn't hold up their end of the deal, well, it would likely cause some frustration. My two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88