Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paint IS made specifically and used for marking the LOCATION where evidence was collected..not the evidence itself.

Right, but if there were blood on that log, or a bullet hole in it, they’d have taken it, or cut out the parts where the blood was. I’m looking at the photo and all I see is driftwood with holes in it. JMO

I agree with this - I think the COD will be blunt force trauma and it wasn't premeditated. I think they went to scout camping sites and they got into an argument that became physical. I think he killed her and went into panic mode, followed by a period of complete and total denial. I really hope he isn't dead, not only for his parent's sake but also because I think it's going to make finding him so much harder. My hope is that he's on the run and he will be caught when he goes seeking supplies.

As far as the parent's behavior - honestly, I don't know what I would do in this case. I mean, a part of me doesn't understand them putting it all on the line for him when they have another child and grandchildren to consider. But as for me? I'm a parent to a single child - he's it for me and I really don't know where my boundaries are in defending him or helping him, I just hope that it's never put to the test.

Great post. I knew a woman who murdered her husband. I was friends with all of her friends. Human psychology is fascinating when it comes to someone you love/care about doing something to someone else you love/care about. The way the mind tries to make it all make sense, and try to create a reason why *your* loved one would do this to the person who is now dead. I think it's just easier for your brain to handle the idea that the person who is still alive was somehow less guilty than they appear. I don't think it's a choice people make, to think this way. It's almost like your brain starts gaslighting itself, creating a scenario where your loved one is not as bad as it seems.

The police and FBI are searching for BL using the latest technology. If they were to shut the reserve and use heat sensor drones, which are fairly vanilla tech, they would find him quite quickly.

Ergo, he is either deceased in the reserve and is leaving no heat marker, or he is not in the reserve at all. There is no way he is in the reserve alive as they would have found him by now.

I really wish that the headlines would switch to more of a focus on Brian. I'd like to see his face everywhere on every site, so people can be on the lookout for him potentially hitchhiking. It seems like it would be helpful if the police could/would announce that he's wanted.

I get the impression, more and more all the time, that Gabby was murdered on 26th August.

From your 2nd link:
She said she saw the van on Aug. 26 with the man, who she now believes was Laundrie, inside .... “He was just acting weird,” she told The Chronicle on Monday. “You know, when you’re out in the middle of nowhere, your hackles go up when you see something that’s out of the ordinary.”
“He was very awkward and confused and it was just him — there was no Gabby”

My personal opinion: I don't get any nice guy vibes from any of the video footage of Brian. In every one of them he looks awkward, guarded and just plain creepy. This may be extreme, but I've felt from the first time I saw him that there was something wrong with him mentally. His mannerisms just speak to me and peg the creep meter—and I trust my gut.
What really did it for me is the video of her making breakfast - she says “Brian is doing some yoga” she hesitated before she said that. He is clearly not doing yoga - he is sitting there. And then she whispers into the camera “I’m going to steal some of his granola”. Within a few seconds of her saying that he is like right next to her looking over her shoulder and pacing in the background . Odd. Something right there from that interaction alone gave me a bad vibe about him….

He could fake a snap by taking a pic of anything and putting text on top. You don't have to take a selfie. I'm guessing he was just using the chat (texting) feature, though.

Right thats true, I meant a snap with her actual face in it. If the snap sent was a pic of a sign or a tree i would think that would fall under the same category as texting. kwim?

BL could be squatting in an old abandoned house.There are tons where I live and people do it all the time.He could get all his food and supplies delivered with Doordash,Instacart,Uber,Grubhub or others and never even have to answer his door.

He could be squatting in a snowbird’s home.

Yup I do not believe she was buried. I tried to zoom in on the helicopter picture but I'm horrible at technical things. I'm fairly certain her body is under the blue blanket in the middle of that group of trees directly below the man.

Attachments

• body1.png
    body1.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 301
The police and FBI are searching for BL using the latest technology. If they were to shut the reserve and use heat sensor drones, which are fairly vanilla tech, they would find him quite quickly.

Ergo, he is either deceased in the reserve and is leaving no heat marker, or he is not in the reserve at all. There is no way he is in the reserve alive as they would have found him by now.

I agree. I don’t think the feds are just doing a superfluous search in this reserve. I think they are looking for his body and have good reason to believe he is in this reserve and is likely dead.

I was just coming to post this! His gun, painted as an American flag, is pictured in this NY Post article:
Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed

What I find chilling is that on the Nomadic Statik TikTok, there is a photo of Gabby posing with the same gun in 2020. It’s about 3/4 of the way through, immediately after a photo of BL in a brown shirt. It’s dark, but visible. I have a zoomed SS, but gather I am not allowed to post here. (Correct me if I’m wrong! I’m still learning.)
Nomadic Statik TikTok

Off topic from your post but this is another reason I don’t think they were broke poor or out of money during the traffic stop on 8/12. Polaroid film like that is expensive and there are tons of pictures there. I know the pics are from last year and things could have changed financially for them, but doubtful IMO since they were undertaking a fourth-month road trip across the country.

I only mention this because whether it’s their money or mom/dad money, I feel like Brian does have financial means to go on the run. Just MHO.

Someone was asking earlier about the timing of the lawyering up. I've been looking at some timelines and it does appear as though the Laundries organized a lawyer for BL sometime before September 11th.

My interpretation of events as can be gleaned from the timeline reports:

On September 11th, Gabby's family place a missing report at Suffolk County NY police department at 6:55 p.m.

Police visit the Laundrie residence late that evening. They are met at the door, not allowed to see Brian, handed the lawyer's contact information instead and told to speak to him.

They do regain possession of Gabby's van that night, though, and remove it from the residence.

A timeline of 22-year-old Gabby Petito's case

Gabby Petito timeline: Everything we know about the Florida woman's disappearance | abc7ny.com

Timeline of Gabby Petito's road trip and death

So I do think it is pretty clear they had to know something was up, to have already engaged a lawyer to handle the police when they first approached.

And I sure that his parents are helping cover it up which is not the right thing but can any of us honestly say that if our child was in that situation we wouldn't help also? I'm one of the most honest people you'd probably ever meet and I can't say for sure that I wouldn't.

I definitely wouldn't help cover up something like this. I would of course as a parent do what I could to minimize the damage to my son or daughter in a case like this - hire a good lawyer, make sure they were safe and weren't going to harm themselves, etc. - but at the end of the day someone else is dead and if my son or daughter did it, they would have to face the consequences.

There was a theory I read previously and totally agree with, basically stating Brian abandoned the van after GP’s murder and followed the river until being picked up on the 29th by youtuber. In the hopes that the van would be found, and his alibi would be he was hiking. In this occasion he followed the spread creek to the snake river. With this being said, I feel he is most comfortable following a river or creek. I would be searching near creeks and rivers for him. Not lakes and swampland. I also figure he can maneuver at a pace of around 10-15 miles per day, so this gives a search radius of 70-105 miles. If he were to head south, he would most likely run into more civilization so Imo he would be traveling north. I think he is between Alafia River state park and Colt creek state park.

This makes more sense than most of the theories that are floating around in my opinion.

Brian kills Gabby and then leaves her body out there thinking it will be discovered while he's on his "hike" of a few days. He needs to establish his alibi and part of doing that involves hitchhiking so those who pick him up can later say he told them he'd been hiking for days and was now returning to his fiance and their van. Perhaps he thought she would have been discovered by then and he could play the shocked and grieving boyfriend.

But, no one had found her in his "absence" and so he went with Plan B--run home to mommy and lawyer-up.

JMOO and MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member