Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the description of the reserve quoted by Runswithscissorz above, I don't believe they are thinking they would find him alive in there. I think the most likely scenarios are 1. he killed himself in the reserve and may never be found, or 2. he is out of the country by now, in Cuba, the Caribbean or Mexico. Sad that we may never know which.

Sorry if this has been posted but last night while the thread was closed I was feeling crazy as I saw the Spotify seemingly changing live, so I took to twitter to try to figure it out and I think I have answers.

The songs "being added" to the Spotify playlists is actually just something Spotify does (it adds songs to free account playlists, I guess to ensure the playlists never end).

The titles and pictures of the playlists disappearing is the automodation on Spotify removing the titles based on reports (someone tested with MelloYellow).

The thing I can't explain is on mobile, the # of playlists last night shot up to 13, though I still count only 11 and up till last night my PC was showing a count of 11 only (haven't checked PC yet today).

I obviously thought it was illogical that Brian could be actively messing with the Spotify but I needed answers haha.

Link to Spotify account here Nomadic Statik

Is there any historic precedence for the possibility that the FBI thinks the sightings are him, but are searching the park as a decoy so BL thinks he's successfully getting to the border? I mean, it seems possible to me, but I dont know the likelihood and some of you probably do.
I know I’ve definitely read of LE, FBI doing that sort of thing, but maybe not on such a massive scale regarding the search. I think it’s possible, but maybe others can answer better.

Since it was not a criminal investigation, could the parents potentially be charged with something along the lines of obstructing justice, etc...?

People have been charged for lying and the suspect was never charged. I have seen cases where they have ended up serving more time than the person they lied for when the suspect was charged.

I have a feeling the parents told some whoppers when they spoke to the Feds last Friday night.

I love my kids. But I will never go to jail for them.

This post is MOO.

Is there any historic precedence for the possibility that the FBI thinks the sightings are him, but are searching the park as a decoy so BL thinks he's successfully getting to the border? I mean, it seems possible to me, but I dont know the likelihood and some of you probably do.

I wonder about this, too. It can wrap my head around the strategy of a decoy search to flush him out elsewhere, but it does seem like A LOT of resources are being used if that is the case. Perhaps they are going at both the sightings and the park in full force because they can't be certain? It also seems they were quick to discount the deer sighting with much of a real explanation. IDK. Makes you wonder.

Earlier this year, I had a situation which would have had me sneaking INTO Cuba. Luckily the situation resolved 2 days before I had to do that but my calculation (and research) was that with cash in the Keys area, I would be able to find someone with a boat who would be able to get me there. Getting IN isn't the tough part and there are miles of uninhabited shoreline with tiny villages within walking distance where one could both hide and get supplies. With American $$ one could hole up for a long while there.
I don't know how resourceful BL is, but he could've made it to CUBA in a day. Unless he went to Havana, chances are villagers would 1) turn a blind eye for cash, 2) have NO access to outside news so wouldn't know he is a fugitive.
Or the Bahamas. It’s a pretty quick boat ride.

I kind of think he got out of the country before the heat was on.

Last edited:
Here a Channel 9 Metro Communications Network helicpoter (N7037C) come in from the north and is circling that undeveloped land. The Sarasota Sheriff heli (N911VS) is off to the west a bit... closer to Sarasota.

Attachments

• N911VS N7037C.JPG
    N911VS N7037C.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 36
when I looked at the video of the "cross" it doesn't really look like a cross. the long arms are the same length. Usually a cross arm is about a 1/3rd of the way down from the top. Someone in that video was wondering if was a location marker for the aerial assets.
When I first saw it, I thought myself it looked out of proportion and not what a graphic artist would do. Plus they said they found it later. It's really not a biggie, but I was glad to see it.

Also, looking at the area the helicopter is in currently, this is the same area that was mentioned last night on the police scanner.

As I watch the Fox10 live feed, I heard them talking about something on the scanner and it mentioned "Walgreens" which is below where the helicopter was just a few mins ago. I don't think it's related to the search for Laundrie.

Just wondering...BL is 23 years old. I haven’t heard anywhere what he has done to support himself since graduating high school. Was he in college? If he’s working, how’s he get so much time off to wander out west. I guess the same questions apply to Gabby but at least she was trying to build her blog. Maybe that’s what made him mad. She was transitioning to a responsible adult.
How were they supporting themselves on the road?

Sadly, if he was headed to the border, he probably crossed days ago.

I believe the shirt is a character from the Hangover movies. I'll include a link of a similar shirt. I think can see the face on the shirt in both photos.

The Hangover Graphic T-shirt One Man Wolf Pack M

Definitely the shirt in the neighborhood photo. Can't really tell on the deer cam.

Anyone see social media photos from Brian/Gabby with him wearing that shirt? That could somewhat confirm that was him in the neighborhood.

That makes sense, however, based on her conversation in the body cam footage would she have really told anyone? She took all the blame for everything that happened and I feel like she was hiding that part of her relationship from her parents-protecting him, in a way.
Its probably something really simple like that, but I just can't shake the feeling that it held something that was going to rock his little world.
This makes me remember him say “I hope she’s not saying anything too bad about me” we a half laugh in the officers chest cam footage. It really gave me the chills the first time. Why would you say that unless you think she’s going to make things up if you hadn’t done anything you need to be concerned about? Just seems like an awfully odd comment.

I know that very frequently SAR teams will not describe the areas they are currently searching or have searched so as not to alert a suspect.
So, it is possible.

I think it's simpler than all that. When we're younger, we're more easily controlled, more likely to avoid conflict and more likely to want to please our partner. As we get older, we get more confident and we start to speak up. Also, when you date someone the relationship is far different than when you live with someone. Anyone who is married will attest that first year is hard, learning to live with someone and having to set boundaries is hard. I think Brian was a controlling force in Gabby's life and as she matured she began to have her own voice, her own dreams. That frightened Brian, who felt that as losing control, and so the tension built. Add a cross country trip, close quarters and not being able to have anyone around to diffuse the situation and it all blew up.
Additionally true.

Last edited:
I thought this too at first, just based on the tone, but the deercam image tshirt doesn't seem to have a logo on it, as the first image does, to my eyes. Does anyone see the logo on the second image?

I thought both of these sightings were confirmed to NOT be him. I can't find the stories, so much stuff, but do I have that wrong?

For those following WFLA…

#GabbyPetito #BrianLaundrie Latest: We'll be streaming at Noon ET on #WFLANow (FB, Twitter, YouTube) with guests & an update on the search for Brian Laundrie. We'll discuss fact vs. fiction and take your #HeyJB comments on-stream.

https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1440691142249512973
THANKS! Please post it when it goes live so I can click the start button..............otherwise I can't see it. Not a subscriber. And old browser and old lady, LOL TY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288