Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

2. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

We don’t know. We don’t even know when BL left Wyoming and when he arrived at parents’ house for sure. LE doesn’t seem to know for sure. We know when the van passed last Road/toll Camera. But no guarantee BL was driving or in it. Neighbors say they saw BL but that is not a certainty and they aren’t sure exactly dates. I can’t tell you what date I saw certain neighbors, nor could I swear it was the neighbor in some cases.
    Looking back at LE answers about BL, it’s pretty clear that they weren’t certain where he was, culminating right to point he was certainly gone. When they searched the danged house, that’s when they were sure he was NOT there. Until then , they thought he was. In fact, some questions are valid whether he was ever in the house. We have the releases from family lawyer and some of that info (when Mustang was in driveway) appears to be incorrect.

ctmom, carbuff, PIUK and 1 other person like this.
  3. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Man Heard Gabby Petito Ask Brian Laundrie 'Why Do You Have to Be So Mean?' During Dispute

In his statement, Chris wrote the couple were "talking aggressively" and could have been "play fighting," but it was hard to tell because "something definitely didn't seem right," according to WABC.

"It was as if this guy was trying to leave her, and maybe take her phone?" Chris wrote, adding that Gabby was punching Laundrie in the arm while trying to get back into the van in which they were traveling.

He noted when she made it back inside her vehicle, Gabby asked Laundrie, "Why do you have to be so mean?"

Denisedyann, HayLouise, ctmom and 7 others like this.
  4. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

The Laundries told LE that Brian left on Tuesday to go for a hike. He never returned. LE was called on Friday to alert them that Brian was missing. To quote the article:
    "The family of Brian Laundrie, the fiance of 22-year-old Gabby Petito -- who was reported missing by her family nearly a week ago -- told police in North Port, Florida, they haven't seen him in days, according to police spokesperson Josh Taylor.

Laundrie's family asked police to come to their home and told them they have not seen him since Tuesday, Taylor said."

Police say Gabby Petito's fiance Brian Laundrie has been missing since Tuesday

Lexiintoronto and Mistree like this.
  5. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

Here in North Port we sure have had our fair share of terrible crimes!
    Coral Rose. Anyone remember her?
    How about. Denise Amber Lee? (The Detectives Daughter)
    How about Baby Chance?
    Now Gabby!

6. ArmChairDet

ArmChairDet Well-Known Member

Being it was a declard homicide. IMO there may be evidence of strangulation, which does not happen by accident, or blunt force at a higher level that would appear from a fall. In addition there could be combination of injuries. I would believe that they are being very careful to to make mistakes on this case. We won't know until they release.

ctmom, MsBetsy, Barbie619 and 7 others like this.
  7. Barbie619

Barbie619 Well-Known Member

This is why the closet I've come to the animal kingdom is the Bronx Zoo, lol. But seriously I imagine this is their life's work to be around and knowing how to handle wildlife, otherwise they need to find another career.

It's a dirty job and it's never anything I would be able to do. The fact that they are even in that water now means most likely looking for a deceased body, not a live one. IMO

ctmom, MsBetsy and Brubon like this.
  8. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

I think he had to have been caught on those trail cams, if they are still operational (?); otherwise, why such a heavy-handed search?

NoSI, ctmom, JenScho12 and 10 others like this.
  9. stormymama

stormymama Well-Known Member

Oh ok, that makes sense. I didn't realize it was Bertolino's Yelp page the letter was referencing, but it's clear now from my re-reading the letter.

10. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

same!!!

11. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

Not that I want to defend them at all - but I wonder if one took the other there to pick up the mustang? Maybe Brian Entin has footage where both vehicles were gone? I did see photos in MSM of them both coming home, but not sure when that was or what they were each in.

HayLouise, ctmom and MsBetsy like this.
  12. GDawg89

GDawg89 Well-Known Member

That is great sleuthing sleepy...

HayLouise, NoSI, ctmom and 8 others like this.
  13. Blef

Blef Verified Criminologist

The press have been on this longer than a week. She was reported missing on the 11th.
    The media have been following this since before he went missing.

14. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

Ummm… yes. Info was released that family went to reserve looking for BL. Likely in that red truck. So, yeah, both of those vehicles were in that area.

Beccalynne, MsBetsy, Jlocke and 6 others like this.
  15. Nosy88

Nosy88 Member

I agree! I had to stop reading posts in the FB groups because they were full of caps, exclamation points, and OPINION based on their own past trauma and personal diagnosis of their exes (not by a professional), so they obviously know how ALL people react . I couldn’t keep up with what was fact and what was just someone just stating their own opinion based on nothing.

16. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen Former Member

What amazing animals they are! The conditions look absolutely treacherous in those swamp areas so thank goodness for cadaver dogs!

PS - Am I the only person now who can't see the word 'cadaver' without immediately thinking of The Jinx/Robert Durst!

Barbie619 and BetzC like this.
  17. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

I hope he is found, one way or another. If he is not found there will always be doubt about whether he was consumed in that swamp, or whether he managed to abscond and was never in that swamp.

JaePim, egregious, MsBetsy and 12 others like this.
  18. Lexiintoronto

Lexiintoronto Well-Known Member

His parents had to have known about these conditions—why wait even one minute to report him missing when they ‘discovered’ the Mustang?

ctmom, JaePim, abanddb123 and 12 others like this.
  19. ArmChairDet

ArmChairDet Well-Known Member

IMO I believe the same, as well as there is no other place to look. Most criminals go to places they are familiar with. I can't see any former friends and relatives in Long Island wanting to risk prison time for helping.

I have been expecting them to find a backpack or something.

ctmom, Slamalam, Sunset and 2 others like this.
  20. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Gabby Petito's family thanks public for 'support'

The family of Gabby Petito has offered their gratitude to the public for its support after their “worst fears” came true with the discovery of her body in a Wyoming forest.

“On behalf of the entire family, we send a heartfelt thank you to everyone who contributed and donated to help in our search for Gabby,” Gary Rider, a longtime friend of the Petito family, wrote.

“We still do not have the words that seem appropriate to truly express how grateful we are and how uplifting this support has been during this challenging time.”

The message said the family was “devastated” by the news of her death after she went missing on a cross-country road trip last month with her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie.

HayLouise, TRB, ctmom and 19 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.