Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

LOL as someone who lives in NY - I know how to act like a human in public. Although, I live closer to Canada than NYC. ;)

2. Eli9

Eli9 Well-Known Member

He could be anywhere if he was in that truck or camper. I hope the FBI is aware of this. They didn't seem that interested in the camper shell during their visit IMO

Midgie2, sassyblue, Estelle and 7 others like this.
  3. sandypaws

sandypaws Well-Known Member

The photo of his room was from 2017 when they had briefly listed the house for sale. <Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed (nypost.com)> That was before BL and GP even started dating.

lilithblue, Big Ears, Midgie2 and 7 others like this.
  4. zucchinibread

zucchinibread Well-Known Member

If all of this new stuff in the timeline is true, that would mean Gabby was alive for all of her Instagram posts.

5. MrX

MrX Former Member

Maybe the modern world has made me a cynic, but Ms Celie's instagram page appears to be yet an
    I, also, take the restaurant thing with a grain of salt. The story featured a link to Ms Celie's instagram page (something that also appeared on this thread, this morning). Her page shows her to be yet another one trying to make a living on "social." Given the competitive nature of that "business," I wouldn't put it past anyone to go to extreme lengths to generate clicks. Although, I have no doubt Ms Celie was there, that day. To quote Seinfeld, "that's the genius of it."

Rush4087, tiara1972, Tutter and 4 others like this.
  6. sleepysleuth

sleepysleuth Well-Known Member

I think it would be way too much of a coincidence that her grandpa's name is Stan AND she would use that anagram. If so, I would assume that it was something she and her mom would have pre-coordinated in code. JMO, but I think Grandpa Stan was probably blowing up her phone and Brian was agitated and sent that text. But who knows?

7. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

if you google it, it will come up. I don't think I can link to the sites (TOS). If you watch the Van Life video you see it, I know it shows at about the 7 min mark.

It's not on top of the van when the Bethunes drive by.

Curious-A likes this.
  8. _Jojo_

_Jojo_ Member

Hopefully they look into highway license plate readers throughout the state and elsewhere to see where the dad’s truck, which I’m assuming the camper was on may have traveled during those days. They should be able to access those records, just like they did to know the van was in Fl on Sept. 1st.

9. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

I heard about this account days ago from my daughter who is following the case on other platforms. I can't remember where she saw it but she told me it was substantiated. Not sure why it is just now making it to WS but it may have to do with whatever source it was coming from.

Edited to add that the authorities have known about this much longer than the news outlets have.

10. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Why would they leave, then return to exactly that same unusual spot? If they were gone for several hours, you'd think someone else would have parked near there, like across the road. The gal with dog saw him, alone, the evening of the 26th IIRC.

tiara1972, Estelle and Amandaaa like this.
  11. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

dash cam video. Turned on whenever they are driving and might see something interesting

12. Cedar Sherwood

Cedar Sherwood Former Member

Brian has a gamer's vibe, so I can understand where you're coming from. But he relishes quiet time and just sitting alone drawing and reading books. I think he has much more of a comic/manga hands-on mindset (collecting and studying them) than someone who would spent hours in front of a computer screen.

But manga can be really dark.

13. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

I wonder if they’re focusing there because with this new camper news, that may of been where they went camping for those couple of days. He’s got to be hiding out there somewhere. In all those trees, it’s got to be easy to hide a small tent or some kind of small shelter for one person. My ex boyfriend was hiding from his father and the law and he hid out in woods here in FL for a few days (yes I know this is a lot longer). He’s been camping for months plus last year with Gabby, so this wouldn’t be anything new.

Curious-A, JurassicParker and LAhiker like this.
  14. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I'm not considering the flight home to FL as a confirmed fact. It was reported by GP's family and it easily could have been something she told them. For many reasons, I don't think it's reality. I'm sure LE knows if he had flights during that time frame though.

The rest I think you have right. I'm not sure it's confirmed that it was gone on the 29th by anyone but if he made it back to FL at the time he did it would have had to have left sometime the 28-29.

No one is sure he isn't a drug user. GP says it in the police video that they don't drink or "use" anything. It's possible that BL was on perception medication (that part of the body cam video is redacted) but IMO I don't think he was "on drugs".

Curious-A, lilithblue, Vail and 4 others like this.
  15. angelwngs

angelwngs Well-Known Member

Reportedly: About 200 yds

Hunnydolll likes this.
  16. Okiruy

Okiruy Well-Known Member

Maybe after the incident GP confronted BL about his behavior and he was so heated from the restaurant altercation that he then aimed his anger and aggression toward GP. Maybe he went too far. Maybe it wasn’t intentional. Regardless, he is guilty and he needs to be held accountable.

17. jiminy

jiminy Well-Known Member

As they are vloggers, I assume they run dashcams pretty much continuously when they’re on the move, then edit the best bits together. Good way to catch the scenery and any random incidents.

18. zucchinibread

zucchinibread Well-Known Member

Maybe she was working at a coffee shop and he was scouting out camping spaces for them that evening?

Alias Gray, George Fayne and LAhiker like this.
  19. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

They state that they were talking previous to pulling in and simply forgot to turn off the camera until later. I believe the camera automatically does both views. MOO

George Fayne and LAhiker like this.
  20. kspoon45

kspoon45 Well-Known Member

It certainly sounds like it. I wonder how common it is for someone to have that level of anger and outbursts without a history of similar incidents? Outside of his parents being quiet, he has no friends who have been talking to media about what he was like (or, at least not that I've seen) or no one vouching for him at all. He has no advocates. There's no long-term social media presence for his which seems odd for a kid his age. Just odd.

Curious-A, JaePim, Warwick7 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.