Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

I didn't see it, sorry.

2. StarryNight

StarryNight Well-Known Member

I read it in one of the articles that was posted awhile back. She also alludes to it when they are with the police, she said something like "he doesn't think I can do it," or something to that effect.

This isn't the article I read it in, but this one does reference it:
    Who is Gabby Petito? ‘Sweet’ waitress whose dream of influencer fame ended in tragedy

Skigirl and B4igo2it like this.
  3. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If the neighbors account is accurate, this spontaneous camper shell camping trip the Laundries took would have probably been on Sept. 10th, 11th, and 12th. Gabby was reported missing on the 11th. According to the timeline (on page 1 of this thread), the van was seized from their home on the 11th also. So they weren’t home when this happened??? Is that right?

* The dates I’m using are based on the neighbors estimate of when the trip occurred. These are not confirmed dates.

4. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

They both worked at Publix!

Skigirl and B4igo2it like this.
  5. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

100% yes.

6. sandypaws

sandypaws Well-Known Member

Actually it was the opposite: “Brian and Gabby came to Rustic Row. They told me they were traveling from Florida. They had just been to Teton Park and they said they were interested in going to Yellowstone and I told them they could go to the west entrance. They seemed happy and when they left, she hollered back from the door that they were engaged and then I said congratulations,” the owner says.

B4igo2it, ShadyLady, Rush4087 and 2 others like this.
  7. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Because the actual camping area (which is huge) is much less prone to mosquitoes and is much more scenic? That space has no view of the Tetons - most people don't want a space like that. Indeed, several have commented in SM that "it's not really a campsite, it's a parking space." It's not near the pit toilets, it's prone to having traffic/gas fumes. No one wants that site - and we've parked in sites like that for one night, hoping to get a better one the next day. However, if the campground area is packed (as has been reported) and/or rowdy, we will happily go back to a site like that one, just to have a place to sleep. It's possible they put up their tent just beyond the road sight line - very common, in which case, when they are gone, most people would not take that space.

I find that very few people want to park on entry roads into campgrounds and prefer being closer to amenities.

Skigirl, B4igo2it, ShadyLady and 8 others like this.
  8. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

<My boys are 20 and 23 .. . the very last thing they would be interested in would be a camping trip with me (when they had just returned from camping), unless there was something in it for them. They would much rather have my house to them selves and throw a kegga in my absence.

I just don't see it. 3 days camping trips are not usually impromptu, and I think if i were BL's parent, i'd say 'let's invite GL along'. Which is something else that mystifies me, if BL came back alone in the van, and isn't going to need it, as there were a few cars he used, why not return the van to her parents? There are layers of mystery in this whole thing, and every-time I think there's nothing else to think about, there is.

Skigirl, B4igo2it, abr and 6 others like this.
  9. SaucyWalker

SaucyWalker Well-Known Member

This is what I'm trying to figure out, too. So he supposedly flew home in order to clean up the storage unit at his house; meanwhile, Gabby was set up in a hotel during this time? What was the time frame?
    This is all so confusing, and seems to make little sense.

LAhiker, PermanentMood and annemc2 like this.
  10. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

i think maybe call the tv station? I am curious how they got the footage to use?

Br8kngBad1225 likes this.
  11. Tigermania

Tigermania Active Member

In their driveway between the truck and the garage. It sits in the bed of the pickup truck.

B4igo2it, LAhiker, LeeJay55 and 2 others like this.
  12. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

INTERESTING. Laundrie neighbors William and Charlene Guthrie tell Fox News that they saw Brian with his family and the family even left for a 3-day camping trip with the camper after #GabbyPetito was reported missing. (via @mommak_c) #brianlaundrie #Laundrie

https://twitter.com/wflajosh/status/1440770458035515394?s=21

HayLouise, LAhiker, bellyup and 5 others like this.
  13. sleepysleuth

sleepysleuth Well-Known Member

Regarding the person walking on the thermal camera - I think it should definitely be reported to authorities/the news station.

14. citizen_sleuth

citizen_sleuth Well-Known Member

That's why I said "before he went on the lam" in my original post. Parents providing support for young adult children like allowing them to live in their house while they save money (at one point both GP and BL were working at Publix––not sure for how long) is normal in this day and age, but helping evade LE is a whole different ball of wax. I'm not sure it's fair (or logical IMO) to assume that just because parents help support their adult child means those parents would help their adult child go on the run to evade a murder charge. That's a big leap, IMHO.

15. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

For all we know, they loaded up the camper with all that he would need an took off to a safe house/safe location that they knew he could get to. Either by foot, bike (was that in the camper) or someone giving him a ride. They could have set him up with things to last a few months either in nature or a location that they knew wasn't being used. One of their properties is too obvious. I wonder if they have any friends that have rental properties that aren't used often, a place that someone is out of town for, maybe a snowbirds house that someone has not arrived for the season or someone who only comes down for the summer season?

ETA - clarified my last sentence

B4igo2it, b2alicia, GDawg89 and 8 others like this.
  16. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

I've wondered the same. It seems to me we have GP's mom mentioning increasing tension in the relationship, an altercation on Aug. 16, weird behavior on the 26th, agitation on the 27th, a dead GP sometime soon after, and flighty behavior after that. It all sounds like someone spiraling, imo. Whatever triggered it (mental illness, drugs, etc), the outcome was tragic. His known behavior in the weeks prior to her death is concerning to me.

17. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Is it? I guess we got lucky. We did dine with friends at their local restaurants, where they were known and everyone was so friendly! We never witnessed any acting out in our three trips to NY.

I've seen it, but I still don't think the majority of people think it's "cool" or "normal." Maybe some New Yorkers do?

At any rate, Jackson, WY is decidedly not New York.

I'm curious if such behavior is common in FL and whether people think it's normative...

18. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

I’ve sent it to JB And Walt from WFLA as well as NPPD Facebook. Not sure how to send it to them if I were to call

19. RANCH

RANCH United we stand, divided we fall.

Probably just a ground searcher. JMO.

DogRescuer, ogrechan, Loulu and 9 others like this.
  20. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

B4igo2it and MadMcGoo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.