Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derpderpy

derpderpy Well-Known Member

Sorry that I'm chiming in with something other than speculation, but I just wanted to say that I'm really glad they were able to recover GP's body. The Elvis family didn't receive that kind of closure, they'll never truly know a manner of death, a cause of death, or where their poor daughter's bones are today. If I'm GP's family, guaranteed I'm in a seething rage and looking for as much legal vengeance as I can enact. Justice is a funny thing, and so difficult to obtain, but closure may be possible even if BL never turns up again. I sincerely hope GP's family is able to find closure from the Coroner's final report, and that the ability to continue their lives without that persistent wonder is not hinged upon whether or not BL ever emerges.

ctmom, Roxtrope, NCWatcher and 22 others like this.

2. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I would tune in to John Walsh tonight as he will cover it.

Angelo, dlk1949, rkendmar and 3 others like this.
  3. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Ah, but if it can be proven his parents lied helped him evade authorities.....

ctmom, Woodberry, Gigi3 and 4 others like this.
  4. ArmChairDet

ArmChairDet Well-Known Member

Yes. Hopefully JW and the press leave them some space, and don't use them for ratings.

MOO

Lewie likes this.
  5. LvsAMystry

LvsAMystry Well-Known Member

help me, I haven’t been able to read here all day and too much to catch up on! What is the 3 day trip, readers digest version pls!

ctmom likes this.
  6. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

MOO people know they get an incomplete version of events of a crime in the press.

hey-Debbie and MyJoey like this.
  7. nhmemorymaker

nhmemorymaker Well-Known Member

ha ha ha!! Not really trying to be funny....but this very same issue of "protection if institutionalized" is all part of two other outlandish cases many of us follow---the Daybell/Vallow Case, and the South Carolina mother/son murders....

sorry... not trying to make light, but it did trigger a laugh.

8. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Exactly what he said moments ago on CNN. Good to see you Linas it's been awhile.

PoppyJune, derpderpy and LinasK like this.
  9. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

I have to disagree with this talking head. That "agreement" ends the minute it's proved that he harmed her. Many a murderer has fled in their victim's vehicle. Being engaged doesn't confer any special rights on him.

abr, Echo44, Sweetnlo and 13 others like this.
  10. Fleur-de-lis

Fleur-de-lis Merrily we scroll along

I think a LOT of information is coming in behind the scenes.

Cams that caught his drive to Florida.

Cams that caught the Labor Day Weekend "camping."

I bet many many LE are combing through this, and a lot of evidence is being gotten.

Prayers for peace and soothing of broken hearts for Gabby's family and friends. Prayers for justice for Gabby. I think her sweetness and her gumption in being so young and yet trying to do vanlife has captured America's hearts.

Good night sleuthing friends. May you also all be safe.

DustyDog, ctmom, abr and 19 others like this.
  11. Shellinaya

Shellinaya Former Member

Well they would know (maybe). Good points. So you can have a verbal agreement to share something like a van/car. Even so, his driving it off to FL and leaving her there (in whatever condition) is massively suspect and indicates he didn't care about her welfare.
    IMO

wasnt_me and whatsnext like this.
  12. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

I believe the same thing. He is saying the whole left a note thing was a set up after they helped him escape

13. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

I just heard that the parents of BL and he went on a camping trip for three days. REALLY? It's very obvious to me, at least, that the parents know exactly where they dropped him off. They need to be arrested. They, IMO, staged the Mustang in the park to look like BL went for a little hike. Maybe if they are arrested and BL finds out, he will turn himself in. JMO

ctmom, abr, Echo44 and 7 others like this.
  14. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

HayLouise, ctmom, Angelo and 3 others like this.
  15. halfpintny

halfpintny Well-Known Member

I have personally sat as a juror in a murder trial where the defendant had a well documented mental illness (he was not much older than BL). Even with that information we still found him guilty of murder (while my heart would have wanted to see him go to a hospital rather than jail). btw it was the worst experience of my life :(

lonetraveler, abr, 10ofRods and 16 others like this.
  16. whirrledpeas

whirrledpeas Well-Known Member

Is it on investigation discovery? I have it set to record but it’s showing a different episode.

Bravo likes this.
  17. MyJoey

MyJoey Verified Family ~ Joseph “Joey” Ressler III

I don’t think that will work in civil court, they aren’t guilty of a wrongful death.

lonetraveler and Veronica Sawyer like this.
  18. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I tried to look at photos to find the exact model and couldn't. However, I would say that yes most of them have some sort of a/c powered by the vehicle. The camper attachments aren't exactly as horrifically small as they appear. I hope posting a photo is allowed. This is the closest I could find to the actual one that is in the driveway. The table area converts into another bed. Cozy for sure but adequate (especially if you're trying to hide a murderer for a bit and just get them out of town)

Attached Files:

Angelo, abr, 10ofRods and 6 others like this.
  19. sandypaws

sandypaws Well-Known Member

THIS is the important thing about the van. Not that he stole it, but that driving it to FL before her body was located could be used to support the proposition that he knew she was dead before anyone else did.

lonetraveler, ctmom, abr and 9 others like this.
  20. dkryder

dkryder Well-Known Member

biggest puzzle for me so far is the family dynamics. one plausible explanation for the rather cold hearted treatment from brian's mom and dad to gabby's mom and dad is brian's mom and/or dad disliked gabby prior to this trip. and because of the dislike maybe brians mom & dad told brian that he and gabby had to find their own place whenever the trip ended, but brian never told gabby until maybe that last day. . perhaps that's why brian flew home and moved stuff into storage. could be when brian got home he told his mother and father that gabby was gonna fly back to new york. then when all the reports of gabby's missing status he says she was alive when he left her but she had made friends with a bunch of hippie gypsies. seems like brians mom and dad might buy that. maybe alot of parents would. it's all speculation and MOO but my main point is i have to think there was a strong dislike of gabby by one or both of brian's parents before these two even started their travel. MOO.

10ofRods, mark majors, GRT and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.