Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I wouldn't have comped that guy a paper napkin. I'd love to know the specifics of that dispute.

2. Freth

Freth Well-Known Member

IMO

I saw a video that showed it, but you really have to stretch your belief to think it's a face. At such an angle, with the seat and the cramped cabin, it's highly unlikely and the face looked like something you'd see in the clouds or on a piece of toast. I wouldn't believe it until the FBI comes out with an enhanced photo confirming it.

3. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Marg from Oz, LAhiker and customCF like this.
  4. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

That was my understanding, that it was 100,000.
    Maybe still can get the million for her!
    Worth a shot, isn't it?
    Pay it Forward.

5. simon magus

simon magus Well-Known Member

i'm sorry for asking, but there's so much info to sort through, has there been verification of the 8/29 gas station sighting? TIA

Marg from Oz, SouthAussie and Estelle like this.
  6. customCF

customCF Well-Known Member

The sad thing about this is that it shows yet another instance of Gabby apologizing for his awful behavior.

7. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Welcome to Websleuths,
    Missy_CeeCee7 !!

Marg from Oz, Roselle65 and Waddles like this.
  8. customCF

Apparently there is security footage. I have not seen it and cannot find it but that is what i read

Marg from Oz, LAhiker and simon magus like this.
  9. simon magus

simon magus Well-Known Member

okay, thanks so much for replying :)

Marg from Oz, LAhiker and customCF like this.
  10. customCF

Definately worth a shot. Maybe it can get done and the family could use that to bring awareness to DV.
    IMO

11. meatandcookies

meatandcookies Well-Known Member

Yes, when this was happening live, Brian Entin said it was a LE van. GP’s van has been at the North Port PD since the night of 9/11.

12. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

I saw it and immediately dumped it as a notion.

Marg from Oz, Born2BWild and LAhiker like this.
  13. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Angelo said that the man involved in the dispute displayed 'aggressive' body language.

The man left the restaurant and then returned around four times, she said.

Afterward, a young woman who was with the man - believed to be Petito - came into the restaurant and apologized to wait staff for his behavior.

Merry Piglets officials later posted on Instagram: 'Yes, we can confirm Gabby and Brian were in Merry Piglets.

'We have already notified the FBI and they are aware. We are letting them do their jobs and we are respecting Gabby's family and have nothing further to comment.'

As England watched the images of Petito and Laundrie in the body cam footage, it began to dawn on him early on Wednesday morning that they looked familiar.

'He goes, 'Nina, that was the couple fighting at the restaurant',' Angelo said.

Gabby Petito's stepfather creates stone cross memorial at exact site where daughter's body was found | Daily Mail Online

14. MysteryMama

MysteryMama Well-Known Member

I saw a program about using infrared during decomp, they can see it with infrared at least on the cameras they were using, even underground. The guy's name was Gene Robinson. I'm not sure how thermal and infrared differ, though.

15. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

John Walsh, the former host of 'America's Most Wanted,' questions if anyone actually saw Brian Laundrie in his home when his attorney said he was there

John Walsh, the host of "In Pursuit," has joined the search for Brian Laundrie and expressed skepticism over whether anyone actually saw Laundrie in his family home after he returned from a road trip with Gabby Petito.

"I'm of a different persuasion and a different philosophy on going back to the swamp. I think he was never there," Walsh told CNN of ongoing police efforts to search for Laundrie in the Carlton Reserve in Florida.

Laundrie returned to his family home in North Port, a city near the nature reserve in Sarasota County, on September 1, 10 days before Petito's family reported her missing. Petito and Laundrie had gone on a cross-country trip together.

-Anderson Cooper 360° (@AC360) September 22, 2021

Laundrie refused to assist authorities in the search, invoking his Fifth Amendment right.

His attorney, Steven Bertolino, told reporters Laundrie remained at the family home, but on Friday he told the police and the public that Laundrie's family last heard from him a few days prior.

16. JayWill

JayWill On Time Out

I think that he went over the back fence in the wee small hours and his dad picked him up at the end of the back street and took him to the reserve, left the car and mom picked dad up and drove him home.

17. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

I read that her friends and family had been trying to reach her that week. So I am pretty sure her parents called Grandpa to check if he had heard from her. If so, I am sure he would have begun calling her also as he would have been very concerned. JMO

18. Chicago54

Chicago54 Well-Known Member

And it seems like this area was somewhat popular and busy. The Bethune drove by and saw the van while they were looking for a place to set up camp. In the video the mom posted pointing out the van, she specifically says they saw the van again when they came back after not being able to find a spot.

This is bothering me. GP and BL seem to have been very visible. In fact, highly visible, given all the attention being drawn to the couples hardships. As we learn of more public displays and think about the outcome for Gabby, I’m having difficulty forming a picture of the mindset of BL and reconciling his ability to get back to Florida.

Somethings are just off. BL knew LE had video of the van stop before he and GP were separated for the night. He knew there was at least one 911 call. He knew a restaurant full of people may recall his outburst. He openly hopped in another car while hitchhiking and gave his name. And yet, after GB was gone, he made zero attempt to conceal her body?* With all the campers, I just can’t reconcile the cool head that was able to drive to FL, with the unthinking head that wouldn’t conceal her in order to possible delay discovery? And then he gets to his house and just hangs? Maybe heads out with mom and dad for a long weekend? I’m perplexed. Did someone come the him and help him drive back? Or am I missing the severity of the mental pathology?

*One of the news reporters put a video up on Twitter when the helicopters started looking over Spread Creek. I was shocked when those in the air said they saw Gabby. I’ll try to find it.

19. customCF

I wonder where that family went on their supposed "weekend camping" trip.

20. jjonez

jjonez Well-Known Member

No
    i saw it. On closer inspection, I thought it looked like a reflection of the Bethune rev. Moo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.