Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone, while the thread was down I had a few random thoughts from posts and in general.
1- parents being charged with accessory after the fact - it is entirely possible. Example being YESTERDAY the judge ruling that the case can move forward against Ruben Flores in Felony Charges when it comes to his part in the disappearance of Kristin Smart.

2- Camper - the neighbor notes this is a NEW camper. So is it possible that once BL calls or comes home they THEN purchase the camper with plans for this trip to happen before anyone can report Gabby missing? I'm curious when it was purchased, when it arrived at the house and I am hoping that while so many resources are at the CR, that someone is behind the scenes asking all of this small questions to piece the little things together. What did they say when they purchased the camper? Also, if this was a weekend getaway, did the sister know they went?

3-Cargo bag- I really do wonder if this is in the LE inventory. Is it possible that it was the point of the camping trip? Dispose of it and anything else that would connect BL to Gabby's murder. ie Clothes, possible weapon, etc

4-Aggression towards women - I really have a sneaking suspicion that this is a learned behavior from home. I wonder what others would say if they asked what the relationship was like between BL's parents. I don't think if he was a "mommys boy" as everyone thinks that he would be this aggressive to all women. This may also explain how CL is essentially locked out of the "family secrets." I could be way off base, but this aggression towards women doesn't mesh with me the same as someone who is a "momma's boy"

5- Last known sighting - I haven't seen a thing about him being sighted since the camper trip- has he been gone since then? I am thinking someone has to scouring over the hwy cams & plate readers. Where did the camper go, where have all vehicles been, etc. To this point as well, do we know if his scent was actually found at CR - how long prior could it be "planted" for him to have been there? Could the parents have "planted" his scent for him with items of his when they moved the mustang to the CR and back to make it appear as if he was there at some point?

The questions just keep piling up while the answers don't seem to be anywhere - same with BL. :mad:

All things are MOO

I could still see him killing himself. Right now, in a hyper state, he can use his survivalist skills to hide...but at the end of the day... he really did seem to have nothing in his life but Gabby. I think that emptiness will emerge, and he may think he really does have nothing to live for. Just not sure if he is a narcissist or a fatalist!!
moo moo
Maybe. Maybe not. The guy was said to be a loner, no?... and appears to me to embrace minimalism. Some people don't need a lot.

IMO, I suspect that, like many television personalities, there are very practical business reasons to behave in a particular manner... particularly when new programming/content is being delivered.

Could be but I halfway expect him to start frothing at the mouth. Seems really over the top but maybe he's acting.
JMO

LE may have info that they aren't sharing. They must have a reason to believe BL is in that reserve when they continue to look for him. They have technology to scan the park at night to see if he is walking around in there alive. So far he hasn't been found. Does that mean this is a recovery mission? Are they searching for his body? If he was eaten by a gator, how will they find him? Do they have a way to determine which gator is unusually full? Does the reserve have a "class list" of all the alligators present there? Are they tagged and accounted for or is it just wildlife? How long does it take for an alligator to digest a large meal? Do they eat clothing and backpacks? Would that digest too?
this made me laugh but also made me have to google alligators. . . they are always hangry. . .they have 80 teeth and they regrow them. here's another factoid. . .
Alligators consume food that cannot be eaten in one bite by allowing it to rot or by biting and then spinning or convulsing wildly until bite-size pieces are torn off. This is referred to as the ‘death roll’.
I’ve heard of missing golfers in Florida being found in alligators so I wondered how do they find them? How do they know which gator to check? Does one have a shoelace hanging from its teeth? Do they somehow scan them from the air, or search through alligator poop?

This is really interesting because the argument takes place just a few hours before the Bethune's spot the van with the sandals and the closing door. The van was parked 900 feet from where Gabby's body was eventually found.

"Hours after the restaurant incident, a travel blogger drove by Petito's van. She turned over images she took that included the van to the FBI and her family said the discovery of the footage gave her 'chills.'"

I understand BL is a POI. Is there an arrest warrant out for him? Is he considered a fugitive on the run or missing person?

How can his parents be held criminally liable for anything prior to BL being named a POI? Sure, lying to LE may get you in trouble if LE can actually prove you lied.

If and until the parents are actually proven to have broken the law then all the speculation is unjust. I can guess and come up with a theory based on some of their actions but it is no more than a WAG without supporting facts.

If the parents are eventually found to have broken laws then throw the book at them. We aren't even close to that yet based on what is known publicly. MOO jmo

John Walsh is furious because he lived through his 6 year old being beheaded and no one was ever charged with his murder due to what John believes were police mistakes. I have a hard time criticizing someone who has spent his life fighting for other people's kids.

John Walsh is furious because he lived through his 6 year old being beheaded and no one was ever charged with his murder due to what John believes were police mistakes. I have a hard time criticizing someone who has spent his life fighting for other people's kids.

also devoted his life to catching fugitives in his son's name

he's old school but he deserves a lot of respect

I understand BL is a POI. Is there an arrest warrant out for him? Is he considered a fugitive on the run or missing person?

How can his parents be held criminally liable for anything prior to BL being named a POI? Sure, lying to LE may get you in trouble if LE can actually prove you lied.

If and until the parents are actually proven to have broken the law then all the speculation is unjust. I can guess and come up with a theory based on some of their actions but it is no more than a WAG without supporting facts.

If the parents are eventually found to have broken laws then throw the book at them. We aren't even close to that yet based on what is known publicly. MOO jmo
You are absolutely right. BL may have had nothing to do with Gabby’s death and as a result they know nothing. OR…
BL may have lied to them and said he doesn’t know where she is and they believed him.
And …maybe they have just realized that he hasn’t been home for a couple days and they are going over to the reserve to look for him.

When I was a kid, a long time ago, the movie Adam was shown on tv and most of our parents made us watch it. Horrifying movie and I never left my mothers side in a store after that.
My grandmother was in a wheelchair from RA, and told my twin sister and I this story when they found Adam. We were around Adam's age, maybe a little younger. She wanted to put the fear in us and protect us as much as she could, and she was successful!

Nina Celie Angelo and boyfriend Matthew England said they saw an “agitated” Laundrie arguing with a waitress at Tex-Mex restaurant Merry Piglets between 1 and 2 p.m. Petito and Laundrie were eventually “kicked out of the restaurant,” Angelo said via social media.

Merry Piglets confirmed on Instagram that the pair were indeed at the spot on August 27. “Yes, we can confirm Gabby and Brian were in Merry Piglets…We have already notified the FBI and they are aware. We are letting them do their jobs and we are respecting Gabby’s family and have nothing further to comment,” the restaurant said.

Fox noted that a travel-blogging couple claim they passed Petito’s white van at a campsite north of the town about four hours after the restaurant incident was witnessed. The pair have GoPro camera footage of the alleged van.
New: Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie ‘Kicked Out Of Restaurant’ Hours Before Petitio Vanished, ‘Full-Blown Incident’ | The Daily Wire

I think so, too. We all know of John Walsh and his story. We have watched him on television for years and years. He has never come unglued until last night, but that is okay. He's John Walsh. IMO

Yup and he is saying what alot of people are thinking but don't say.

Brian Laundrie may have lied about going to Carlton Reserve, search-and-rescue expert says: 'He could be almost anywhere'

It has to do when the actual crime was committed. It's illegal to provide comfort or assistance to someone who has committed a crime. Gabby was murdered around 9/27 according to what we know. So when Brian killed her, he committed an offense against the United States i.e. murder or one of the lesser included crimes. There is a "knowing" requirement so I think the evidence there will determine if anyone is charged if Brian is captured alive. Here is the federal statute that prohibits being an accessory after the fact:

18 U.S.C. 3: Accessory After the Fact

Whoever, knowing that an offense against the United States has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

Except as otherwise expressly provided by any Act of Congress, an accessory after the fact shall be imprisoned not more than one-half the maximum term of imprisonment or (notwithstanding section 3571) fined not more than one-half the maximum fine prescribed for the punishment of the principal, or both; or if the principal is punishable by life imprisonment or death, the accessory shall be imprisoned not more than 15 years.

18 U.S. Code § 3 - Accessory after the fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member