Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbie619

Barbie619 Well-Known Member

I agree even if I've never been to either place. Just the word Swamp invokes fear and danger without even knowing what kind of wildlife resides in those swamps.

The one they are presently searching seems dangerous to me. How could BL protect himself from physical attacks there. It doesn't feel like a long term plan, IMO.

2. OtisC

OtisC Well-Known Member

I am not sure at what temps FLIR effectiveness becomes limited. I have not checked, so, does anyone know if they are using FLIR at night?

3. angelwngs

angelwngs Well-Known Member

DB921806-84F6-4A15-88C2-B9E971D39E23.jpeg D2A6CF3E-A3DE-4DEA-B3FD-FD18FB82D3ED.jpeg
    The photo on the left is a “camper shell”. This is not what they bought and had/have in photos shown on tv FOXX News. The 2nd photo is an over the cab, truck camper which insets into the bed of the truck. This IS The Type Camper shown by FOXX News in photos of the parents driveway. It usually comes with a sleeping area over the cab, as well as kitchen and bathroom areas. Just thought the photos might help some who were not clear about the type of camper the parents reportedly purchased and reportedly took on this long weekend trip with BL.

TRB, scmom, LAhiker and 4 others like this.
  4. ArmChairDet

ArmChairDet Well-Known Member

IJK, how far do you have to go? My relative in the area asked me to visit near there and I was having second thoughts. I like my dog.

Kingsley and squareandrabbet like this.
  5. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

Respectfully, I disagree.

I have personally witnessed a man I worked for go from throwing a stapler across the room and hitting the wall so hard that the drywall caved in....to less than 5 minutes later...the same man strolling out of his office laughing and chatting to someone while on the phone.

Abusers can perfect their private and public personalities without breaking a sweat.

BL may have been witnessed during two different stages of exhibiting his abuse patterns.

4 Stages in The Cycle of Abuse

https://www.makinwellness.com/relat...ss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=cycle-of-abuse

housewife, TRB, TigerLou and 16 others like this.
  6. Waddles

Waddles Well-Known Member

I heard that where they think he is there are black bear, puma, bobcats and coyotes too! I find that just fascinating. But I assume as you say you don’t run into them all day and they’re likely not in big number populations

7. HawthorneJuniper

HawthorneJuniper Well-Known Member

upload_2021-9-23_12-19-41.png

bradfordsleuth and MadMcGoo like this.
  8. JuliaGoolia

JuliaGoolia Well-Known Member

I went to Mexico in July and no test needed to enter but you needed one to fly back to the states

9. BellaVita

BellaVita Well-Known Member

It's 100% conceivable. I've lived it. People like this can be very calm and collected when LE shows up. Even when inebriated. It doesn't have to be either it's this or it's that like you are saying. My ex-husband came banging on my door one afternoon after nearly a year of no contact. Banging and screaming at me to open the door. He had just recently been served with papers for garnishment. He was drunk and completely crazy. I called 911 and managed to keep him there so he would get trespassed. As soon as LE pulled up, his demeanor changed entirely. There's other examples but this one is most stark.

housewife, PirateGirl, scmom and 10 others like this.
  10. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

jash, hey-Debbie, tiara1972 and 7 others like this.
  11. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

Of course he can be both of these people!

We all have different versions of ourselves at different times and people who are sociopaths/psychopaths and other such types will have honed these personalities to a tee, and can switch them in and off at will.

Total Jekyll and Hydes. That's why they get away with it for so long.

The Utah police didn't want to believe sweet lil' Brian would ever do an assault, despite a 911 call telling them otherwise.

Yet, as we now know, he was a DV practitioner and had rages of temper.

housewife, TRB, BellaVita and 4 others like this.
  12. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

About 10 years ago, we had a home for sale in my neighborhood, which is rare. A couple of days before Christmas a truck pulls up, removes the sign and a family moves in. We are so excited, many take goodies to the family, the men jumped in and help move furniture, as we welcomed them. I made my famous pot roast for them.

We wake up three days after Christmas, the for sale sign is up, and the house us empty. To this day, the realtor nor the neighbors have any idea who these folks are. At the time, not one neighbor had a camera system, now the neighbor is completely covered by cameras.

I'm near the BRP/AT many vaction homes and cabins are lived in/broken into by unknowns, possibly traveling the AT.

Moo...

hey-Debbie, VaBorn, AnnaGrace and 7 others like this.
  13. tokyorose

tokyorose Well-Known Member

You and I are on the same page:)

14. MyJoey

MyJoey Verified Family ~ Joseph “Joey” Ressler III

Starting to think he’s helping them search ; )

LAhiker and sassyblue like this.
  15. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

well there are gators in most places and snakes too but they arent like mosquitoes and just show up on you the minute you walk into the woods or swamp. most snakes are nonpoisinous, so they might scare you to death but they are harmless, rattlesnakes and mocassins are the real culprits.

16. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

NG and JW have been cultivating law enforcement sources for decades. Heck, the last time I had a question about the local death of a semi-public figure, I asked my co-worker whose husband is retired LE and he called the folks a couple towns over and they told him everything, he told her, and she told me. So I guess even I have "sources". It would not surprise me at all of those two both had the presumed COD. They probably didn't mean to spill anything prematurely, because I'm sure those sources are important to them.

17. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

You are focused on the milk? Maybe they drink a lot of milk. The parents are not POIs. They can do pretty much as they please. What’s so off about going out to get a gallon of milk?

18. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

And before you just listen to the 2 lines in that 911 call that describe the incident from a passerby who has stopped their car on the corner by Main St., I suggest you also consider the other significantly more detailed witness account of the same incident by an individual directly across the street from the Moonflower... along with, of course, the bodycam footage.

To refresh:

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

19. Rocky Mountain Hi

Rocky Mountain Hi Well-Known Member

Well, he was highly motivated to present himself as the "calm guy" with LE breathing down his neck, and asking him "are you always this hyper", after a chase into the park, with him exceeding the posted speed limit by 25 mph. And calming himself down paid off; he was able to present Gabby as "crazy", and got himself taken to a shelter by LE for the night.

So one could argue, that at spontaneous moments without LE present, like in that restaurant, he was free to show his true colors.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    housewife, TRB, BellaVita and 5 others like this.
  20. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

Am I correct in saying that from August 12th, when GP and BL were separated to August 17th, when BL flew home, there are no sightings or info on either of them or the white van? Trying to get this straight in my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.