Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

citizen_sleuth likes this.

2. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

oh its not a long term plan, most dont realize that not only would he have to watch out for gators and snakes, there is also poison oak and ivy and summack then with the ground being wet ants clinging to everything and feet fungas from you feet being wet and not being able to build a fire to dry them, mosquitoes, gnats, hornets and my most feared......piney wood rooters!!!

3. lynxofsd

lynxofsd Active Member

First post on this matter. I am very sorry about what happened to Gabby and hope that her family can heal from this loss as best they can.

===============

Who said that BL returned to FL temporarily and then returned to SLC from where he and Gabby traveled on?

Can anyone verify with reasonable certainty that his return to FL actually occurred?

Chypre, LAhiker, hmmmm... and 2 others like this.
  4. whirrledpeas

whirrledpeas Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been brought up, but it’s possible BL’s parents are being questioned by police today. It would explain them leaving and LE following. Just a possibility IMO.

5. blueberryjam

blueberryjam Former Member

t
    Thanks, makes a lot more sense it is returned so quickly.

Noharg likes this.
  6. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I wonder this too. The lows overnight have been 73• and from what I understand about FLIR, that's cool enough to be able to use thermal imaging. I would assume they're using it. I haven't heard it reported though - if they aren't, I think they're missing a good opportunity, although I've read about cases where suspects did things like cover themselves with mud (eww) and then they keep moistening themselves (eww). Some people think using a tarp or thermal blanket will disguise them as well (there's a lot of dense foliage, maybe that makes it difficult as well?)

7. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

THANK YOU! I about drove myself crazy yesterday looking for this. So unless he misspoke, they (the parents at least) were definitely there Saturday night (11th).

diggndeeperstill and wasnt_me like this.
  8. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I am assuming the LE has sightings of him and/or the van since the Moab police stated there is no connection between them and the murders there. Since they haven't named someone else as the murderer, they must have irrefutable proof of his location.

9. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

Oh, what's interesting for me is that I don't think he was even there. I don't think the police ever talked to Brian not even one time according to how the police explain things.

I am not even sure they let the police in the house. The police said the parents wouldn't make Brian "available." Instead, they gave them the attorney information.

I do believe a neighbor said, though, that she saw him after that date. Don't quote me, but I think I saw that. That neighbor in purple, I want to say? Again, I'm not sure about that.

broadviewren and MadMcGoo like this.
  10. happy128

happy128 Well-Known Member

I flew to Cancun and didn't have to do any testing.. nothing out of the ordinary except for wearing a mask on the plane. Coming back, I had to have a negative Covid test to get on plane to fly home to NC.

x_files, Sin City and Noharg like this.
  11. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

I agree about this not being a long term plan if indeed, he's in hiding out in the wilderness.

JuneRose likes this.
  12. BellaVita

BellaVita Well-Known Member

I've watched JW a lot through the decades. I've always sensed that JW is given info that is not given to others. I really can't state anything specific. Just a sense of things that I've always felt.

13. Treetoast

Treetoast New Member

Since most people have never been in a survival situation, they overestimated the difficulty of surviving. It's not only how we lived for the majority of our life but every cell in your body pushes you forward towards survival. You will adapt and overcome easily in my opinion.

14. Mito

Mito Well-Known Member

15. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

Your statement is exactly why I am concerned he could get away with her murder and make no mistake: I believe he killed her and her death has been ruled a homicide. We don't know he cause of death what evidence the killer left behind but his argument (if he didn't kill himself) at trial will be that they had an argument and he left her, and when he left her she was fine. Ask yourself this question- if that was true, why wouldn't he tell the police that very story- but no, he didn't talk to the police - because he is hiding the truth and now he is running (which equal consciousness of guilt).

NuttMegg, tealavocado and LAhiker like this.
  16. jjonez

jjonez Well-Known Member

I have no source, but I remember reading there was something related to gabby’s dad that happened there on the 10 th. Details were not released to public. I think it may even be in the timeline at beginning of thread

Barbie619 likes this.
  17. Devil In The Details

Devil In The Details Former Member

There is no conformation of an argument by Merry Piglets, all they do on their Instagram page is confirm that BL and GP were there.

SMK777, SkidRogue and NCWatcher like this.
  18. Rocky Mountain Hi

Rocky Mountain Hi Well-Known Member

It's the "willing to please" that's the kicker. Mothers have to stop raising their daughters to be "pleasing" and "nice". That programming puts them at risk. Everyone should be raised to be courteous, but also to be able to draw boundaries and have limits, and to recognize red flags. Too many women are psychologically hobbled by this "be nice" thing.

19. Coach

Coach Well-Known Member

20. tokyorose

tokyorose Well-Known Member

Also, unless I've missed it ( completely possible) we haven't speculated about the way her body was left which I think is very important when considering his state of mind and actions. It has been reported I think that whomever killed Gabby made no attempt to bury her and left her exposed to the elements. I'm sure there are experienced profilers on here, but to me this is significant. Any one wish to chime in?

tiara1972, GDawg89, Midgie2 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.