Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I correct in saying that from August 12th, when GP and BL were separated to August 17th, when BL flew home, there are no sightings or info on either of them or the white van? Trying to get this straight in my head.

Not that I’ve seen. Gabby apparently stayed at a hotel near the airport which has been identified. LE can verify a lot of this from hotel and airport cameras.

I think the big emphasis LE has to place now is in finding BL. Also getting BL’s timeline from August 27th until he arrived in Florida.

THANK YOU! I about drove myself crazy yesterday looking for this. So unless he misspoke, they (the parents at least) were definitely there Saturday night (11th).

Right! I wonder if their cars and short camper were, too? Or not.

Oh, what's interesting for me is that I don't think he was even there. I don't think the police ever talked to Brian not even one time according to how the police explain things.

I am not even sure they let the police in the house. The police said the parents wouldn't make Brian "available." Instead, they gave them the attorney information.

I do believe a neighbor said, though, that she saw him after that date. Don't quote me, but I think I saw that. That neighbor in purple, I want to say? Again, I'm not sure about that.
I concur. I don’t think he was there either.

RIGHT. My cousin has a small lake behind her home in New Port Richey. Snakes HAVE been on her doorstep and they move away very quickly, and they're not the poisonous types. Those kind will usually attack immediately and you won't necessarily realize it - but if you're someone that's a native and used to something of this extent, I think you'd know better about how to differentiate.
oh im sure if he were a native, ive been here all my life and will still mistake a oak snake for a ground rattler, in the area he is in Id be most afraid of a piney wood rooter!!!

It’s so hard to keep up with these threads!

Something I can’t stop thinking about is the demeanor of his parents. I mean, running out for milk? I think I’d skip whatever meal/recipe needed ingredients that I didn’t have if I were in their shoes. They just seem so…unbothered by their life circumstances at the moment.

They have about 100 cameras on them. How are they meant to act? They look upset, oh they are faking it, they look too normal, they are monsters. What are they meant to do, starve. They are probably in shock. Even if they did cover up (in my opinion Im not convinced) they would still be shocked at what is happening. They would also be grieving for Gabby and for the loss of their son and their lives, their daughters, their nephews.

I heard that where they think he is there are black bear, puma, bobcats and coyotes too! I find that just fascinating. But I assume as you say you don’t run into them all day and they’re likely not in big number populations

We have Panthers and wild Boar along with red ants that are worse than gators. The rain has been intense! The heat is scorching
Did he go there to hide or to die?

Possible that LE could not effectively demand proof of life. No reason to do so. They have to stay within law. If and when BL is charged, any oversteps that LE made could create technicalities that could harm their case. A lot of cases thrown out because LE did not watch their steps

Detective Step Son told me that LE could have gained access to the house, and laid eyes on Brian, by doing a welfare check for Gabby. This was her home and she was reported missing.

Any Floridians here? Do people in Florida genuinely go camping? Is it safe to sleep in a tent with snakes and alligators roaming around? Can an alligator get into a tent?

It is 100% safe to camp tent in Florida as a grown adult human. I wouldn't do it in a tent with a toddler or dog near water as they could absolutely catch the eye of a large gator but otherwise none of these animals are the threat that media is making them out to be.

Not a snake not a coyote not even a black bear. They're all far more afraid of man that we are of them. My grandparents had a gator that liked to sun in their backyard. My grandfather would walk out to pick oranges stomp his foot and tell it to "shoo" and off it would go. Their biggest concern was their little dog and ultimately the gator had to be relocated because of peoples pet concerns but if you stay away from them - they aren't coming to find you and attack you.

Just wanted to add—for people saying he had no goals or dreams, in all honesty, we know very little about his and Gabby’s lives. Not everyone dreams of going to college, working in a cubicle Monday through Friday, living in a two story house and driving a BMW. That doesn’t mean they don’t have dreams or goals.

Many, many posts saying he didn’t work when in fact he and Gabby worked in the same places and both worked towards their goal of this trip. If you’re critiquing him for where he worked and lived, you’re also critiquing Gabby. There’s zero evidence he didn’t work and lived off her. It’s a made up detail because people are angry.

First, let me start off by saying I'm not trying to argue with you here. I'm going based off the information that's come out about BL thus far, and going on my own opinions that he might possibly have enough supply to last at least for the next few weeks - not a lifetime. We're also talking about a person who is familiar with the lay of the land and is not a stranger to living in nature. Any other person that has no familiarity and no experience with living in nature? Probably not going to last very long or know exactly what they'll need aside from the obvious to stay alive for an elongated period of time.

I understand that this isn't the 80's too, but let's not forget that though people ARE looking for him and he can't hide his face for too long - facial recognition can only go so far with face masks these days, and he can alter his appearance, we can't discount that.

Your opinion is just that, and I'll never tell you that you're wrong - I just don't think it's necessary to come at me sideways for having one of my own. I'm open to what everyone is saying here and just trying to look at things from the opposite side of the spectrum.

edited: typos

I was speculating how he would get supplies for living in the woods. You said what if he had enough supplies. I asked what "enough" supplies was. The rest of this is not what we were talking about. I'm moving on from the discussion.

Probably dumped evidence

i don’t really think they would casually celebrate Labor Day with a missing fiancée in the picture.

What if BL told his parents that Gabby was in yellowstone with a friend and her parents likely just couldn't reach her because there was no cell signal there... which would line up with the text BL may have sent Gabby's parents.

Any Floridians here? Do people in Florida genuinely go camping? Is it safe to sleep in a tent with snakes and alligators roaming around? Can an alligator get into a tent?
Florida is full of avid outdoorsman & nature lovers. Yes, people camp here, in tents. We also kayak & swim in fresh water. Vast majority of Floridians live here because we love being outdoors, whether on water or land.

I have witnessed similar things personally myself, I assure you it's quite possible. The stress of a deteriorating relationship would severely impact his mental health ,and his ability to keep control over his emotions was rapidly decreasing. JMO.
I’ve been there. They are quite good at both. They are much more concerned about image to people that know them or cops than strangers.

https://twitter.com/hleighwfts/status/1441067630371213315?s=21

WOW. This really is crazy terrain officials are trekking through in the search for #BrianLaundrie

I know they have a mission, but I think the "Friends of the Carlton Reserve" volunteers that help maintain the park are probably mortified at all the vehicles just mowing over everything. There are generally NO motorized vehicles allowed beyond the parking areas, heck, you aren't even allowed to bring dogs.
Dogs/ Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member