Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wonder

I wonder Well-Known Member

I think the 'camping trip' was more about taking stuff somewhere remote, than sightseeing. So I expect they left with far more luggage than they returned home with and Brian was due a shopping trip for some new clothes, shoes etc.

Gabby's family meanwhile, probably have little to nothing of her clothing, shoes, bags, bedding, possessions to be returned.

They may have dumped Brian en route, but they certainly dumped a lot of other things.

2. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Thank you for breaking it down that way. I believe that Gabby was working on this:

https://nomadicstatik.com/

when she was in Moab. People are mentioning her youtube upload, but the project she was trying to do was ambitious (own domain name, youtube videos, instagram reels, etc).

It's very sad to look at that webpage now. It doesn't go anywhere.

3. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

How would that change anything? I haven't heard anything that points to that, and others had commented on how slim she looked on July 12.

4. chupacabra

chupacabra Well-Known Member

i have a feeling these guys have been chomping at the bit to use those resources for something

5. PIUK

PIUK Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is where the Laundries Attorny made his ‘first’ mistake, not considering Federal Law could come into play when advising his clients.

Brubon, 10ofRods, Herat and 3 others like this.
  6. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

Either they have a good tip or they are realizing he may not be there. I hope the FBI sues his parents if they’ve lied saying he was there. Maybe they told the FBI they went camping out there then Brian left to go out there.

Midgie2, ctmom, Turkeytrot and 4 others like this.
  7. BellaVita

BellaVita Well-Known Member

It's not incongruent. He would be doing it as punishment and he would know she'd be miserable the whole time. More trauma bonds. Also, leaving her like that is abusive in itself. He didn't care about her at all. Did she even have keys to the van? Believe me, Narcs will often abandon a person, even in a bar full of men, when they are angry and want to show you who is boss.

Brubon, VaBorn, JayWill and 5 others like this.
  8. tokyorose

tokyorose Well-Known Member

I completely agree. FBI seem pretty sure he's in the reserve and they definitely know more than any of us here do.

Brubon, tiara1972, lightlady and 8 others like this.
  9. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen Former Member

Thank you for your input - I guess your other half has probably the best insight there is into this then! I believe the spectrum is very wide, and as you say, a diagnosis can be different for each person.

BL does seem high functioning though, you're right.

I guess I'm trying to think of all the possible defence arguments an Attorney could present should BL be found alive, charged, and plead not guilty.

MOO

HoneySugar, lowes123, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  10. Katerz

Looks like helicopter is returning to airport

MsBetsy, Turkeytrot, Skigirl and 2 others like this.
  11. I wonder

I wonder Well-Known Member

That would be a 'tragic accident'.

12. RedHaus

RedHaus Well-Known Member

I like both your thoughts, @InstantProof.

1. What if dear Grampa, aka "Stan" was desperately calling GP the afternoon of 8/27 because his 6th sense was on fire... 'My sweet granddaughter is in grave danger.' :(
    2. What if LE is playing a game of cat and mouse with BL in that reserve? Could they know where he is and are tracking him, until they have enough evidence to arrest?

13. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

Federal law supersedes state statute, correct? I appreciate learning the information but I don’t think FL law is relevant here. JMO but I believe a lawyer has also weighed in.

14. Katerz

“Oopsie!! Found him guys!!!”

15. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

IMO I don’t this this is the case at all. BL regularly posts shunning social media and being “connected”. Prior to GP he seems to have zero social media presence at all. He makes comments about spending too much time online. I don’t think he wanted the online / influencer stuff or attention at all. I think that is why he was so frustrated because that seemed to be GPs focus.

16. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

Its all getting fuzzy after the deluge of information, but I don't think there has ever been any definitive statement that they were fighting over the phone. The 911 caller said it looked like they were fighting over a phone, but LE didn't speak to him in person. (I wonder why that person hasn't actually come out and done and interview about his call). BL said she had it in her hand while she was slapping at him and thats what cut his eye. I can't recall exactly what GP said about the phone. But I can easily see a scenario where he wasn't trying to take her phone away to control her internet use, but rather to stop her from using it as a weapon. That wouldn't make him any less of an emotional or physical abuser, or that he didn't deserve her defensive actions (if thats what they were).

ShadyLady likes this.
  17. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

Yes. Yes one can. But there's not the slightest indication (to which I'd be able to point) that suggests they did that. Every publicly available piece that I've seen is touristy. If one truly wants to be a adventure/travel/overland/vanlife YouTube-type, one finds new angles. I see none of that. Maybe they did, and it simply hasn't been published. My money is on this trip being a bunch of "name brand" visits. But, I'll acknowledge, there could have been more to it.

JayWill, 10ofRods, whatsnext and 2 others like this.
  18. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

It’s pouring rain again!

19. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

I found this map very helpful

Attached Files:

20. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to find a 911 transcript or recording that doesn't have the entire name blocked out/muted. However, the police report does seem to make it clear that ofc. Pratt was talking to witness #2 - who had given him his number.

If the 911 caller is also a "Chris" it does add a bit of confusion - but I think it is pretty clear who the officers were on the phone with at the scene of the traffic stop.

ShadyLady and I wonder like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.