Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly is a valid question , MOO. There have been far worse cases without this kind of effort. What about that double murder in Moab? Whoever did that is running loose and may well be a huge danger to others, far more than BL even if he did kill Gabby.
It’s the public pressure and spotlight driving this effort and truly, every resource being used on this means something else is not being done

The difference is they know the killer, and where he is. They don't know who killed those two women, who to question, etc.

He may have been sabotaging her work times and then blaming her for not producing.

Possibly. Someone said earlier that he made statements that would conclude that he was against social media or being "connected" all the time. If so, maybe he did make even filming and shots difficult to get. If he was that jealous of her friends, as we've heard, he was probably jealous of ANY success she'd make. Hell, he could have been making it hard for her to work that day the police got involved. True.

That's why I was thinking she wound up in that Fairfield hotel. Maybe to work in peace.

It certainly is a valid question , MOO. There have been far worse cases without this kind of effort. What about that double murder in Moab? Whoever did that is running loose and may well be a huge danger to others, far more than BL even if he did kill Gabby.
It’s the public pressure and spotlight driving this effort and truly, every resource being used on this means something else is not being done

The difference is they know the killer, and where he is. They don't know who killed those two women, who to question, etc.

You and I are on the same page (there are several of us here). The still password-protected domain (www.nomadicstatik.com) has only a graphic - it's well done. It looks to me as if Gabby might have been planning a youtube channel with a "patreon supporter" webpage that requires password access after the patreon signs up for a monthly donation. It's a common "freebie" to encourage people to donate. Chris M. (TIR) does something like this - although I think now he is using just youtube and giving privileges to his chatters - something that doesn't work as well for a non-topical, travel channel.

To me, it looks as if Gabby carefully researched her photo ops, as instagrammers do. I wish we knew who did the. camera set-ups - I'm predicting it was Gabby. Brian likes climbing and she liked taking photos of him climbing. She got some really good ones, at perfect times of the day. If they were hoping to generate income to remain Van Lifers (isn't that what every single youtube Van Lifer is trying to do?) they did need a new angle. Being a couple was part of that angle, and being young and unmarried. My granddaughter watches an entire family vlog (as they travel - I think they do have a home base), we like our travel videos with as few people in them as possible, but many many young women absolutely adore the "solo woman Van Life" vlogs (to the point that the market is saturated, IMO). A young couple adventuring together isn't as common (and is often narrated by the masculine party).

Gabby was trying so hard to find a way to stay in that lifestyle.
I'm not convinced there was hard trying going on. Maybe. I think there was a "dream"... maybe even an "ambition" to make a go of monetized YouTube. It just wasn't planned well. It seems like maybe a 'well, I like that channel, so I'm gonna do what they did' type of business plan. As you suggested, it's saturated. Even the most high earning channels evolve 'cuz they cannot succeed with repetitive-ish content for long. And, one montage video in 2+/- months ain't gonna cut it. No way.

I agree with this 100%. Also, where is she going to go have a sonogram done in the middle of a several months-long road trip? And why would she put the picture on a log on the ground? it makes no sense. it's just disrespectful.

Let's not make being pregnant a disrespectful thing.

It IS a pretty ridiculous leap to make from a blurry nothing stuck to a log in the middle of a Grand Teton campground, however.

I really hope (but doubt) that at least one of the officers faces consequences for his actions that day. Be those inflicted by his department or preferably his own conscious. :(

Why would you think any of them should face consequences? Mark Furman was interviewed today about this case. He focused on the stop of August 12th. He believed that LE was being generous in not charging either one.

Furman was of the belief that because they would have been considered tourists and not residents there was more latitude to resolve this without any further intervention, other than separating them for the night. These officers knew as tourists they would be traveling back together the next day.

He also went into great detail about BL's behavior as opposed to Gabby's, such as BL being manipulative, and more likely to have caused the incident leading to the police stop. I actually saved the show for that hour so I can go back to all that he said, but I agreed (and I say this as someone who doesn't even like Mark Furman).

You and I are on the same page (there are several of us here). The still password-protected domain (www.nomadicstatik.com) has only a graphic - it's well done. It looks to me as if Gabby might have been planning a youtube channel with a "patreon supporter" webpage that requires password access after the patreon signs up for a monthly donation. It's a common "freebie" to encourage people to donate. Chris M. (TIR) does something like this - although I think now he is using just youtube and giving privileges to his chatters - something that doesn't work as well for a non-topical, travel channel.

To me, it looks as if Gabby carefully researched her photo ops, as instagrammers do. I wish we knew who did the. camera set-ups - I'm predicting it was Gabby. Brian likes climbing and she liked taking photos of him climbing. She got some really good ones, at perfect times of the day. If they were hoping to generate income to remain Van Lifers (isn't that what every single youtube Van Lifer is trying to do?) they did need a new angle. Being a couple was part of that angle, and being young and unmarried. My granddaughter watches an entire family vlog (as they travel - I think they do have a home base), we like our travel videos with as few people in them as possible, but many many young women absolutely adore the "solo woman Van Life" vlogs (to the point that the market is saturated, IMO). A young couple adventuring together isn't as common (and is often narrated by the masculine party).

Gabby was trying so hard to find a way to stay in that lifestyle.

On a side note about GP's website being password protected, it is a squarespace hosted site. They allow you to use password protection to prevent users from accessing your page when you are building the site. With intermittent internet access, I can see her using this feature to build the website to an acceptable stage before making it public. MOO

Brian 'sighting' reported by woman convinced she spotted him in Canada

"Brian Laundrie ‘sighting’ reported as flight attendant convinced she spotted Gabby Petito’s fiancé in Canada"

This is good, means individuals are on alert, paying attention and documenting what they see.

I don't think he will be able to hide in public. If he does head to the AT, NPS, visitors and hikers will be on the look out for him. I'm not far from AT in VA and the story is front and center with all the local media. The AT is busy this time of the year, leaves changing in many areas, fall festivals, and lots of folks out sight seeing. He would need to be in back country, which in areas can be as dangerous as the swamp.

Moo....

Bogin, Munns & Munns has defense attorneys and they advertise heavily in Central Florida. They are a straight shot down Orange Ave but I can't imagine they would park near 120 N. Orange...unless, of course, they were getting Insomnia Cookies first, which I couldn't argue with because they are SUPER yummy. lol

Criminal Defense Attorney Orlando | Get Legal Help Now

Edited to add MOO, IMO because I put Insomnia Cookies are super yummy and inevitably someone will disagree. LOL

Me: Can we please stop with the rumors?
Also me: Where is Jose Baez right now?

I'm sorry, I'm sorry!
I used to visit this site years ago and appreciated the excellent sleuthing I observed at that time. But, unfortunately, I must now say that in reference to this particular event anyway, much of the meticulous sleuthing of the past has devolved into wild speculation.

My understanding of the rules are you must provide a link to support any hypotheses you may have so a speculative comment doesn't turn into a conspiracy theory. Perhaps, the mods just can't keep up with the high volume of comments coming in?

It’s when he came home without Gabby and they clammed up and shut out her parents that is really telling, not what they did or didn’t do before.

We also don’t know what they were told. They could have been unknowingly supporting their son without any idea of what happened. She did run off at times with friends to escape BL. Maybe they figured she would be back at some point and that her parents were making a big deal out of nothing. They may have been completely in denial until they had a chat with FBI. I’m just saying there are lots of possibilities as to why they did what they did. They may not make sense to us now but they may in the future.

Yep. I think he really meant it too and not just something to say to make himself look better.

Imagine what would have happened had she been jailed...

She might stop covering for him. Witnesses would be called in. etc. The true story would be revealed.

He wanted to offer to go to jail to keep her and the witnesses from squealing on him.

He didn't offer to go to jail out of chivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23