Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Where does the blue heeler fit into this case? I guess I missed it. [I am the grandma of a Blue Heeler fur baby]

Cindizzi and Slamalam like this.

2. dw4693

dw4693 Member

The difference is they know the killer, and where he is. They don't know who killed those two women, who to question, etc.

PIUK and Bluebear15 like this.
  3. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

Possibly. Someone said earlier that he made statements that would conclude that he was against social media or being "connected" all the time. If so, maybe he did make even filming and shots difficult to get. If he was that jealous of her friends, as we've heard, he was probably jealous of ANY success she'd make. Hell, he could have been making it hard for her to work that day the police got involved. True.

That's why I was thinking she wound up in that Fairfield hotel. Maybe to work in peace.

4. lizzyb24

lizzyb24 Active Member

Yes and when you click on practices areas, wrongful death is one as well as many other practice areas that are listed on their site. Could be for their business, who knows.

AC's Grandma likes this.
  5. dw4693

dw4693 Member

The difference is they know the killer, and where he is. They don't know who killed those two women, who to question, etc.

Bluebear15 likes this.
  6. JuliaGoolia

JuliaGoolia Well-Known Member

And Im ok with that LOL

miakelly and Maryjane1219 like this.
  7. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced there was hard trying going on. Maybe. I think there was a "dream"... maybe even an "ambition" to make a go of monetized YouTube. It just wasn't planned well. It seems like maybe a 'well, I like that channel, so I'm gonna do what they did' type of business plan. As you suggested, it's saturated. Even the most high earning channels evolve 'cuz they cannot succeed with repetitive-ish content for long. And, one montage video in 2+/- months ain't gonna cut it. No way.

8. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

Let's not make being pregnant a disrespectful thing.

It IS a pretty ridiculous leap to make from a blurry nothing stuck to a log in the middle of a Grand Teton campground, however.

Seattle1, MsBetsy, elleni and 5 others like this.
  9. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

Where I live the ads play so often! On TV and radio! They come on so often, they play in my dreams too!
    MOO

miakelly and AC's Grandma like this.
  10. Baxter

Baxter Member

11. Barbie619

Barbie619 Well-Known Member

Why would you think any of them should face consequences? Mark Furman was interviewed today about this case. He focused on the stop of August 12th. He believed that LE was being generous in not charging either one.

Furman was of the belief that because they would have been considered tourists and not residents there was more latitude to resolve this without any further intervention, other than separating them for the night. These officers knew as tourists they would be traveling back together the next day.

He also went into great detail about BL's behavior as opposed to Gabby's, such as BL being manipulative, and more likely to have caused the incident leading to the police stop. I actually saved the show for that hour so I can go back to all that he said, but I agreed (and I say this as someone who doesn't even like Mark Furman).

MsBetsy, Beccalynne, Bopit and 2 others like this.
  12. montegrl

montegrl Well-Known Member

On a side note about GP's website being password protected, it is a squarespace hosted site. They allow you to use password protection to prevent users from accessing your page when you are building the site. With intermittent internet access, I can see her using this feature to build the website to an acceptable stage before making it public. MOO

13. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

Where was the source that her father said this?

PIUK likes this.
  14. blueberryjam

blueberryjam Former Member

I get that BL has been cleared of connection to the double murder in Moab. But has the perpetrator of that been cleared in Gabby's murder?

Quiche, hmmmm... and MadMcGoo like this.
  15. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

This is good, means individuals are on alert, paying attention and documenting what they see.

I don't think he will be able to hide in public. If he does head to the AT, NPS, visitors and hikers will be on the look out for him. I'm not far from AT in VA and the story is front and center with all the local media. The AT is busy this time of the year, leaves changing in many areas, fall festivals, and lots of folks out sight seeing. He would need to be in back country, which in areas can be as dangerous as the swamp.

Moo....

Sundog, jking, Warwick7 and 2 others like this.
  16. justbeachy

justbeachy Well-Known Member

Bogin, Munns & Munns has defense attorneys and they advertise heavily in Central Florida. They are a straight shot down Orange Ave but I can't imagine they would park near 120 N. Orange...unless, of course, they were getting Insomnia Cookies first, which I couldn't argue with because they are SUPER yummy. lol

Criminal Defense Attorney Orlando | Get Legal Help Now

Edited to add MOO, IMO because I put Insomnia Cookies are super yummy and inevitably someone will disagree. LOL

carbuff, miakelly and LAhiker like this.
  17. Devil In The Details

Devil In The Details Former Member

I used to visit this site years ago and appreciated the excellent sleuthing I observed at that time. But, unfortunately, I must now say that in reference to this particular event anyway, much of the meticulous sleuthing of the past has devolved into wild speculation.

My understanding of the rules are you must provide a link to support any hypotheses you may have so a speculative comment doesn't turn into a conspiracy theory. Perhaps, the mods just can't keep up with the high volume of comments coming in?

dacjess, PIUK, Bridger and 10 others like this.
  18. JuliaGoolia

JuliaGoolia Well-Known Member

Oh haha!

19. Sleuthypsych

Sleuthypsych Well-Known Member

We also don’t know what they were told. They could have been unknowingly supporting their son without any idea of what happened. She did run off at times with friends to escape BL. Maybe they figured she would be back at some point and that her parents were making a big deal out of nothing. They may have been completely in denial until they had a chat with FBI. I’m just saying there are lots of possibilities as to why they did what they did. They may not make sense to us now but they may in the future.

20. WizardQuest

WizardQuest Well-Known Member

Imagine what would have happened had she been jailed...

She might stop covering for him. Witnesses would be called in. etc. The true story would be revealed.

He wanted to offer to go to jail to keep her and the witnesses from squealing on him.

He didn't offer to go to jail out of chivalry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.