Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitzy

mitzy Well-Known Member

Judging by the quality of the photos, I think she tried really hard.

The thing is, people that don’t blog or do Youtube don’t know just how hard it really is. How much work goes into it. How long it takes. Especially in the beginning, because the learning curve is huge. And before you find your groove, your way of doing things, it really is a slow process.

(You think blog posts get written quickly, in reality it takes hours. Editing pics takes hours, if you have many. Video is especially time consuming, it takes days. Youtube is often difficult and uploads can take up to hours to go through. Social media alone is time consuming, even for a single photo.)

It’s much better to make things ahead of time. Produce content first, release later.

Gabby had the hunger and already a really solid following on IG. I think she had around 100k followers before this took a turn and she became a missing person. She clearly wanted it and was willing to work for it.

If anything, she just wasn’t prepared, as many aren’t. So her content calendar was empty because she thought she could do it along the way.

BL seems like the complete opposite to me. If anything he seems like someone who wants praise, but doesn’t understand or want to live the blogger / vlogger life. They seemed mismatched to me. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was annoyed with the amount of time she spent working on her project.

I really think she would’ve succeeded with or without him. Possibly without him if he really was blocking her.

MOO

2. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

Replying to myself...

Apparently Florida Highway Patrol has planes they can use to catch speeding cars? So that's probably what it was doing?

shelbycat and carbuff like this.
  3. JuliaGoolia

JuliaGoolia Well-Known Member

I wonder if the man on WFLA knows the camera is live lol

redfishingirl likes this.
  4. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

5. SkidRogue

SkidRogue Well-Known Member

I gotcha and agree. There were mighty slim pickings for sources. That's why I said it wasn't in MSM. I searched a good bit for a better source but had no luck. I'm starting to believe it was something the couple made up to tell the parents.

rocknrollcirkus likes this.
  6. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen Former Member

7. mitzy

mitzy Well-Known Member

double post, sorry!

LAhiker, Bopit and vanlifelady like this.
  8. Jakobsmama

Jakobsmama New Member

So, if they find Brian, what then? If he's just a POI can they make him leave the reserve?

9. justbeachy

justbeachy Well-Known Member

His brother also happens to be my dentist and you can be darned sure if they hire M&M I will be needing an emergency cleaning. LOL

Tealgrove, lizzied, ivegotcha and 8 others like this.
  10. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Have the police given any reason why they are continuing their search in this wooded area?

I listened to JD a while ago and it seems the LE is getting a rough time of it from John Q Public taxpayers.

Does the public have a right to that kind of information? I know Florida is a pretty open information state.

11. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

I'm no attorney, but that sounds like it might be questionable. If Brian is charged it will be a federal crime because it happened on federal lands.

But, charges against his parents would not be tied to his case, but rather stand on their own, and I don't think the fed would be able to charge them. I think charges--if applicable--would come from the local court system.

12. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

Oh that's good to know! It makes sense why the helicopters are staying near the entrance. The night ones are likely infrared, although I doubt they're going to pick anything up... MOO.

shelbycat and LAhiker like this.
  13. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

14. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

I would suspect their conversations are minimal. . . . I'd be thinking the whole joint is bugged. Can the FBI do that even if the parents are not under suspicion?

TL4S and K.jill like this.
  15. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

OH MY GOD NO. I don't know how many among us have been to jail, but I was arrested once at around her age for something I didn't do and it was extremely, extremely traumatic, even without having to spend the night in jail. It was a nightmare. Arrests are not something that people who are inclined to follow the law take lightly, especially people that age. Take someone vulnerable, gaslight her by telling her that HE is the victim, and then toss her in jail as a solution to a DV incident? No bueno!!! JMO.

16. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

Maybe the radar in the traffic planes can focus in better? Idk. It is curious.

LAhiker and Alkali13 like this.
  17. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Many have said they could have a sealed arrest warrant.

18. RabidDogISC

RabidDogISC Well-Known Member

From a photograph media had. The media made assumptions on what it was and so forth. No experts, LE or family confirmed these photos or reports so they could have been doctored photos for all we know. IMO

MsBetsy likes this.
  19. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

I bet they are.

20. Bopit

Bopit Well-Known Member

I can't possibly go back now, but before all this happened, how many followers did GP have (on any account?). Was it a large number? Perhaps her newfound popularity was upsetting to him as she got more attention. I saw some of her posts barely had any comments (prior to the public attention) so I can't imagine it was going too well. MOO

MadMcGoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.