Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Well, NuttMegg, I'm really liking your new (isn't it?) avatar picture!! (Still chuckling!) Chomp, chomp!
    -------------------​
    This morning I was late, of course, to the world of online and WS. As I started reading, thinking the FBI was possibly seeking a body, I thought to myself, "I hope he is dead." And then I thought what an awful thing to say -- about anyone. I then asked for forgiveness. This is what this ~man~ has done to make me think that way, but I'm over it now. Grrrrr.
    On another note, what a Great Time we would all have if we see him in handcuffs and leg chains, heavily bearded and skinny, and scared to death. (Flashback to Ted Bundy when he was caught after his first jail break...). SOON!
    Let's think positive for the FBI's hard work and for all the others who have been working on this search.
    For Gabby. :)

2. Turkeytrot

Turkeytrot Well-Known Member

I was about to ask the same thing.

3. merrymary

merrymary Well-Known Member

Wow - interesting info regarding Florida Law and "Accessory after the Fact". The provision has a ""related person exemption" and therefore parents cannot be charged with accessory after the fact. Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
    Good question.....I believe, however, that even though they live in Florida, if they take a person to another state without that provision, they are toast.

Gloomy Bear, cass523, CGVA and 3 others like this.
  4. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I really hope (but doubt) that at least one of the officers faces consequences for his actions that day. Be those inflicted by his department or preferably his own conscious. :(

JayWill and Bopit like this.
  5. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

Yes, the article says she was seen there. It’s saying that previously her last seen was a couple days earlier but multiple eyewitnesses seem to be confirming the Aug. 27th date. So her date of death window is closing.

6. Here_I_Am

Here_I_Am Well-Known Member

This is a federal case.

Quiche, SuziQ, Mo Thuairim and 9 others like this.
  7. Bopit

Bopit Well-Known Member

Not a lawyer, but long-term dating one who is actually on the spectrum, so autism and justice are some of his favourite topics, and he's written extensively about it academically. I don't know the laws of Florida but it would be very difficult to use autism as a defense given how seemingly high-functioning he is. Autism is a very unique diagnosis for each person so it's incredibly difficult to build law or precedent around it. As the saying goes "if you've met one person with Autism, you've met one person with autism"

8. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

People have more to fear from bats, raccoons and mosquitoes. Not so much in the US since the introduction of rabies vaccines for pets, but its estimate that "Each year, rabies causes approximately 59,000 deaths worldwide, including approximately two deaths in the United States." Its also estimated that 70% of deaths from rabies comes from bats. And of course Mosquitoes have their own host of diseases they can pass on. Being in an environment like that Reserve without adequate shelter and no option for timely medical assistance probably has a greater chance of killing you than just your normal camping trip.

Vital Signs: Trends in Human Rabies Deaths and Exposures — United States, 1938–2018

superbee, Vegasgrl, bellyup and 3 others like this.
  9. tokyorose

tokyorose Well-Known Member

My understanding is that she was at the restaurant ( Merry Piglets) on August 27th at approximately 1-2pm

10. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Maybe the RV family, but not sure how the restaurant couple helped. They had already found her body and their info wouldn’t have helped lead to it. Unfortunately it’s not illegal to be a jerk in a restaurant so their info wouldn’t help lead to any sort of conviction. moo.

carbuff, Gloomy Bear, Alethea and 2 others like this.
  11. citizen_sleuth

citizen_sleuth Well-Known Member

Calvin Lewis (FOX4 Now) @CalvinLewisTV via Twitter – 12:54PM 9/23
    Meanwhile: As search for #BrianLaundrie continues at Carlton Reserve, this is the current scene outside the Laundrie Family home.

After being towed Monday, the silver Mustang is back. The red pickup is gone and, so too it seems, are Brian’s parents. #GabbyPetito
    @Fox4Now

Attached Files:

12. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

Yes. It’s important in that it gives us the earliest she could have been killed. The autopsy likely cannot be as specific on time of death because of the length of time passed before the body was found.

She was not likely to have been dead in the van as it passed muster upon LE examination and cadaver dogs, so she was likely killed at very earliest, however long it took to drive from restaurant to campsite.

superbee, tiara1972, carbuff and 3 others like this.
  13. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

What I hope is that we don't find out BL murdered GP because he flew into a rage when she went to break up with him. That would probably hit the female officer particularly hard.

superbee, Blue Amethyst and Cindizzi like this.
  14. tealavocado

tealavocado Member

jash, superbee, Vegasgrl and 18 others like this.
  15. CanadianWells

CanadianWells Well-Known Member

On the WFLA live, Walt just confirmed that there are a number of trail cams in the reserve.

Eta: I don't know if we had already confirmed this, but maybe they have some info from them that's keeping them there?? Friends of Carlton reserve has info on the cams and you can see pics of animals and such, apparently.

16. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I'm going off this:
    https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440697424129888256
    "For everyone asking whether the Chris in the witness statement is the same Chris on the 911 call – I just got some clarity. I spoke to Moab Police. It’s a bit complicated. They explained that Grand County dispatch took the 911 call. And Moab Police took the witness statement."
    "Two different entities. Police could not tell me whether it is the same person or not. They say the only way to figure it out would be to compare the records. The problem is – the records from both entities are redacted. In the 911 call, they silenced the last name"
    "And in the police report they redacted the last name. So at this point I don’t think there is a way to know for sure."

It appears at some point there was information that the 911 caller was identified as someone named Chris.

17. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

Anyone know the exact date when BL's parents hired their lawyer?

18. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Why can’t we just refer to her by her dang name? It’s Jessica Schultz. Just call her that or JS. Why is this even a discussion lol.

19. OtisC

OtisC Well-Known Member

Bad behavior and evil are human conditions not limited to any race, gender, sexual preference, beliefs . . . well, you get the point.

On the other side, kindness and goodness are human conditions as well that are not limited to any group you prefer.

Each person is responsible for their choices.

superbee, gliving, carbuff and 4 others like this.
  20. merrymary

merrymary Well-Known Member

Also, another FYI... NOT applicable is in cases of child abuse.

inbetweendoors, SuziQ and Mo Thuairim like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.