Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities | Fox News

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, told Fox News that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Thread #1
    Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2021

2. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

ADMIN NOTE:

Brian Laundrie has been officially named by LE to be a POI in this case which is still a missing persons case at this time. He may be sleuthed.

The Awareness Foundation is approved for discussion.

The "Find Gabby" FB page is not approved at this time as there is still nothing on the page to indicate it is family run and nothing directly from the family indicating that they are involved in the Administration of the page.

To speculate that the victim was involved in drugs or somehow responsible for her own disappearance is off limits as Not Victim Friendly. Negative speculation on a victim is not allowed. Such posts will be removed.

Warning points and possible Time Outs will be issued for members who violate Websleuths Victim Friendly rule.

Please read The Rules and post accordingly.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    Kmactx22, dacjess, elliefant and 16 others like this.
  3. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Mod Note:

Suggestions of a publicity stunt while someone is missing is not victim friendly. Until LE suggests otherwise, Gabby is missing and WS will treat the missing persons case with the care and compassion a missing person deserves. Posts suggesting this is a stunt or hoax have been removed.

4. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

To avoid having your post removed and risk losing posting privileges:

- remember that Gabby, her family and her friends are considered VICTIMS, and protected by Websleuths’ victim-friendly policy
    - don’t post anything as fact without an MSM link.
    - don’t use derogatory names for ANYone.
    - don’t discuss comments from ANYone on any social media.
    - don’t bicker.

This is not the complete list of rules, but merely the ones that have been violated here this evening. Do yourself and Websleuths a favor and read over THE RULES HERE to help keep this thread opened.

THANKS for your efforts to do that going forward.

5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

As far as we know BL has not told her parents where they are. They are either in a storage unit, his parents house, or in some other location. Maybe Gabby's mom suspects him of getting rid of them.

6. HolographicOne

HolographicOne Well-Known Member

The transcript from the witness says this:

"Christopher stated that when Brian got into the van, he saw what appeared to him as Gabrielle hitting Brian."

7. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

Piper PA-31-350 and Cessna 441 Conquest
    No idea about other ops there.

8. Elhe

Elhe Well-Known Member

I saw on instagram where he was using power tools to do certain work on the van and that yes, she decorated it and installed the sink, but that they went for a more "minimalist" look. I still think that while she is the legal owner that while they were fixing it up, they operated under the assumption that it was theirs. I don't think she voluntarily chose to be away from the van in this circumstance though.

9. ellasmom

ellasmom Active Member

10. Abstar80

Abstar80 Well-Known Member

Re insta for BL.
    Still up, and open.
    Noteworthy: Posts up until July 30th - Captions either tag in GP, or use the word "we"
    Posts after August 1 - Captions with no tag for GP, and is using the word "I"

sindydee, BetzC, dcfi224 and 46 others like this.
  11. wnk

wnk Well-Known Member

Overlaying Mike in WNY's maps of recent flight patterns (possibly search & rescue?) on a full map of Utah, with SLC and Ogden marked in yellow

Attached Files:

JB1958, GoneGoldfishin', Hap and 26 others like this.
  12. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Not that I am aware of.

13. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

100%. Now I am also watching.

Anyone have the link to the trails they bookmarked?

14. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

It’s a helicopter, it’s been in the area the last couple of days.

JB1958, Hap, ChiCubs2016 and 9 others like this.
  15. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Same way I read it. Lots of projection going on here.

16. LauraAnne

LauraAnne Well-Known Member

The officer on the scene reported that it was more a "mental health issue" and there was insufficient evidence of criminal conduct.

17. Elhe

Elhe Well-Known Member

Where is that? Nothing in any of the reports states this, it in fact says the opposite.

18. Karennn7

Karennn7 Well-Known Member

Where did you find that

19. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Thank you. The one in SLC looks to be the cottonwood canyon areas. My DD lives up there. If she is home I will have her take a look. She sees search and rescue all the time.

JB1958, ChiCubs2016, Occula and 14 others like this.
  20. Shellinaya

Shellinaya Former Member

I hate this "mental illness" narrative too. She was probably emotional and upset for good reasons. Speculation based on things her mother has said - she's in a bad relationship. Her boyfriend is doing things that scare her, annoy her, bother her, and she's had it. they get de-engaged, according to her mother. They fight a lot, big fights that terrify her, with police being called. Anyone in that situation would be emotional. She's far from home with this guy, no one else to help her, maybe they don't have much money, and she's got anxiety that is being made worse by the bad situation. I feel terrible for her, but at the time, the cops kind of do the "hysterical female" thing with her and even bring up "battered boyfriend syndrome"! Unbelievable. (It's mentioned in their report).

And... This is all the more reason to be in touch with her family, not drop the communications. Even if the worst has happened, I fully expect the POI boyfriend to blame everything on GP, and now he's got a police report that details how out of control she was.

Just all speculation of course.

Paladine, Mo Thuairim, BetzC and 46 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.