Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ontheclock

ontheclock Well-Known Member

2. wary

wary Well-Known Member

I thought someone saw her when they checked out, but I have no idea if that’s been properly documented.

3. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Gabby Petito: Police are looking for missing 22-year-old ask for her boyfriend's cooperation - CNN

Authorities searching for missing Florida woman Gabby Petito are hoping to talk with her boyfriend, who they believe was the last person to be around her before her family reported her missing, a police spokesperson said Wednesday.

"He needs to talk to us," Josh Taylor, a spokesperson for the North Port, Florida, police department, said in a news briefing. "We need to know exactly where he was, where she was, their last locations and that the fact that he was back here for 10 days. ... The family reported her missing 10 days later."

There is currently no search warrant for that home,
    Taylor said.

4. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Right, but if he was wanting to dispose of it after a crime, he wouldn't want to declare it and leave legal proof that he went from the crime scene with that weapon back to his home. JMO

5. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

I’d bet that it was before her family even knew she was missing.

6. esayer

esayer Well-Known Member

You can very much fly with guns.

7. citizen_sleuth

citizen_sleuth Well-Known Member

I believe I read in one of the articles (but please correct me if I’m wrong) that the night of the scuffle, Gabby took the van and Brian stayed in a hotel (paid for by a DV program that works with local PD) so they were probably separated for at least one night.

ETA: I found the link. From The Daily Beast:
    The officer was able to get Laundrie a hotel room for the night, and Gabby kept the van. They agreed not to contact one another until the next morning, which would allow them to “reset their mental states.”

8. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

Well there's proof of life on 8/24, her mom has stated they were facetiming. That's AFTER the unusual trip to FL regarding the storage move situation. So, now I'm thinking there may have been premeditation? Maybe. His recent behavior is not that of a loving partner. Not at all. If he didn't love her, why was he with her?

Do we know if Gabby had life insurance? Is there a financial motive?

jash, Midori_Azul, ar3593 and 9 others like this.
  9. PickledGinger

PickledGinger Active Member

Why would he fly to Fl to pick up a gun when he likely had plenty of opportunity to push her off a cliff? Or leave her stranded in a desolate area with no phone and no money?

10. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Well, it’s not quite like that. The two murders were definitely part of the same crime, and whatever happened to Gabby happened almost two weeks later. But it’s a strange coincidence that the domestic incident happened right where one of the murdered women worked.

11. Diogenetic

Diogenetic Well-Known Member

Why would he not be able to fly with a firearm? I've flown scores of times with a firearm in my checked luggage. Millions of people do. If your possession is legal where your flight starts, and where it ends and you the basic job of securing it in your checked luggage as specified in simple instructions by TSA, you are fine. if your flight gets diverted to JFK in NYC or some place like that -- do not take possession of your luggage. Explain to the airline that you cannot because there is a firearm properly secured in it and they will secure the luggage until your flight out. The end of year reports from TSA on sized firearms are a tiny proportion of people making a mistake in putting it in carry on and detected at gate scanners. This is almost never jail time.

In any case if he had used a firearm in the double murder, it would make a lot more sense for him to dispose of it out in the wilderness areas where he was out west, or toss it in river soon after heading to Florida

RIPRM, Quiche, Marg from Oz and 5 others like this.
  12. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

at this point it wouldnt surprise me if Brian came up missing too, is someone watching that house? i mean sinc his parents are so good at protecting him who is to say that they wouldnt help he go underground just as fast.I know they feel the walls are closing in on him.

13. Leticia Starch did. Colorado to Florida.

14. esayer

esayer Well-Known Member

He 'loved' her in that 'No OnE ElSe CaN HaVe HeR ' way.

Sweetnlo, Picklepuck, ar3593 and 11 others like this.
  15. Lawnguylander1964

Lawnguylander1964 Well-Known Member

Since they were living in the van for months, I doubt any physical evidence will be useful in court. And he had weeks to remove anything incriminating, so I doubt there is much in the van.

16. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Nobody has to answer any questions or give statements to LE, ever. Anyone can be compelled to testify in court, under subpoena, as long as nothing asked would criminally implicate the person testifying, in which case they would invoke their 5th amendment right.

Marg from Oz, carbuff, wary and 3 others like this.
  17. Springrain

Springrain Who was the 1980 Ventura County Jane Doe?

It is not super common, but it does happen. Letecia Stauch is in the news having just done that to her poor stepson.

I thought they were seen arguing at the Kicks 66 convenience store? I'm confused by some of the details in this case, to be honest. IF they were fighting outside Moonflower Co-Op, to me, that is a BIG red flag that BL may have had something to do with Kylen and Crystal's murders.

18. Elhe

Elhe Well-Known Member

Not many people (22 year olds for that matter) without jobs or assets have life insurance, I could be wrong though, her parents might have one for her, doubt Brian is the beneficiary if that's the case.

19. Seni

Seni Well-Known Member

Have some pages to catch up on so maybe this is obsolete.

Whilst LB and family may keep silent: I would asume that both GP and LB still probably have grandparents, given their age. I'm kicking off from a post from K9enzo
    Ditto the same for parents. Even if not LE.

20. HolographicOne

HolographicOne Well-Known Member

At this late in the mix, if any agency had anything on BL, he'd be moved up the list from POI to primary suspect. There are too many puzzle pieces missing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.