Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

Good points, and Welcome!
    I had thought about him traveling back because she was begging him to do so, but my thoughts were that while he was home, he was thinking about her social media followers hitting on her possibly, and in a jealous act wasn't about to allow that to happen. So he went back.
    I may be wrong, but the fight over the phone was because he thought she was communicating with someone else, and wasn't going to have that.
    All speculation.
    I agree. Depending if it was a one way ticket or not will tell the story.

2. Sprfly31

Sprfly31 New Member

Maybe at the gate entrances, but otherwise Canyonlands, Arches and Tetons are in very wild, unpopulated areas.

3. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

jash, Midori_Azul, HayLouise and 18 others like this.
  4. halfpintny

halfpintny Well-Known Member

IMO if I thought the person I was traveling with was going to abandon me in the wilderness with no transportation and communication, I think these actions are pretty rational.

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

My take on the dv report. I wouldn't be too nice to a guy who may have been trying to take my phone, my van, and leave me abandoned in a strange place far from home. No sir, I would not have put up with that. We don't know what the pre cursor to this incident was. She was clearly upset and could not quit crying. And she is the one missing here.

6. MysteryMama

MysteryMama Well-Known Member

From the pics, it looks like the van probably was washed. My family did a cross country drive from one coast to the other in Sep/Oct through many of the areas they were and when we got home our van was covered in bugs, dirt, had what looked like tumbleweed lodged in it, etc. Also, this time of year in FL there are a lot of lovebugs and they will be all over the front of a car.

Misy, Marg from Oz, MissTilly and 6 others like this.
  7. RIPRM

RIPRM Well-Known Member

How do you know this?

Marg from Oz and Caring4Many like this.
  8. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Yes!!
    I thought so also.

I had thoughts of all the places out west and then travels back to FL and with all the caves, cliffs and woods that they visited, it would be a nightmare of searching.

But...Florida ???

Maybe somewhere familiar to him ??

closer to home where LE might not think to search as they would be searching out west ???

IDK and JMO

9. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

It's also not looking too good for Barry Morphew; and wasn't for Fotis Dulos either...

Misy, Marg from Oz, 303gmf and 2 others like this.
  10. LvsAMystry

LvsAMystry Well-Known Member

Is it really irrational though if the person ( who purports to love you) in the vehicle you owned locked you out and potentially (my theory) threatened to leave you there in a remote area thousands of miles from home?

Diddian, TheRaven, Sweetnlo and 18 others like this.
  11. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

What to expect tomorrow: we believe the body camera video from the Utah incident between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie will be released. Also - at noon - the FBI, North Port Police, and a member of the Petito family will hold a press conference. I'll be there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438335092842274818

@MassGuy, You beat me too it. I will keep it here anyway

12. The two reports are conflicting. Christopher mentions her climbing through a window.

13. RIPRM

RIPRM Well-Known Member

BBM
    The word is suspect.

Marg from Oz likes this.
  14. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

The office did help both of them. He arranged for them to have separate places to spend the night. There was no emergency or any serious injuries so no reason to call EMTs. I thought he handled it well and there was nothing else he could do, anyway.

15. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. There could have been a threat that her only transportation was about to leave. Meaning him driving off. I would jump into a van that "I OWNED" to make sure I had transportation to get home. IMO

16. FlowergirlinWard1

FlowergirlinWard1 Well-Known Member

17. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

They might not have actually found anything in the van though. Could’ve just been said as an attempt to hurry Brian into speaking to them. Time will tell either way of course.

18. Harvath

Harvath Well-Known Member

From my understanding(and please if anyone knows anything to the contrary feel free to speak up. Every state is different). From my understanding unless the vehicle is actually reported to LE as stolen…anyone with a valid driver’s license could drive the vehicle without any further questioning needed.

Marg from Oz and LeeJay55 like this.
  19. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

A lot of the art is art from Chuck Palahniuk's novels.
    Most of which center around murders and serial killers.
    You're correct that it's not his art (and some is cartoon copies, it looks like he may make stamps). However, his apparent obsession with Chuck Palahniuk is a little over the top IMO.

20. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

There’s always the possibility it was death by accident they had a physical altercation he went too far for instance strangling and put her in the van bed trying to save her she died and he freaked out had a psychotic break, called his parents and drove home with her in the van and disposed of her closer to home. If that’s the case there should be some evidence such as hair, blood if she was decomposed you can tell by a hair follicles with Mitochondria DNA.

There also was a photo of him kissing her with his hands around her neck like Chris Watts photo with Shannan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.