Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

Sorry. The helicopter must be unrelated.

Marg from Oz, carbuff, NoSI and 2 others like this.

2. Vaccine

Vaccine Well-Known Member

If they have enough evidence to get him in custody - I'm guessing he will not say a word. Unless the on the ground searches give results (that's such s huge challenge), the van gives up blood evidence or they have sufficient access to phone records and tracking I'm worried they will get enough evidence of anything to charge Him.

3. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

'I texted Brian's mom that I was trying to get in touch with Gabby. I also texted Brian. I got no replies,' Schmidt said.

'I knew something was wrong,' she said. 'I felt something was off and I needed to get her reported missing immediately.'

She went to report Gabby missing later that day but police initially blew her off. The next day, she was allowed to file a report with the Suffolk County police department.

Brian's family have since refused to let authorities interview their son when the van that the couple had traveled in before she disappeared was seized from their property late on Saturday night.

Schmidt said Brian's sister Cassie is the only member of Brian's family who has spoken to authorities.

She said she can't understand why neither Brian nor his parents have reached out to her in the aftermath of her daughter's disappearance.

'It's a very mysterious situation. We don't understand why he's doing this. Everybody's assuming the worst and thinking he's guilty of this. But I don't want to believe that. I want to believe she's just in need of help out there and that everybody needs to keep searching.'

4. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Reported missing Sept 11 - her van seized sept 11- FBI processing it so today is sept 15 -4 days to try to determine where Gabby could be- I’m wondering if they have checked her cell phone records yet? Was gabby in a family plan? If so, did mom check the call and text history? I can see online with my carrier. We know from other cases they seem to be able to ping the cell phone quickly - was this done and is it leading to a targeted search? Have any search warrants been issued besides the van? I checked Sarasota County clerk earlier today and am finding zero so far.

JMO

JB1958, Kingsley, OldCop and 12 others like this.
  5. wary

wary Well-Known Member

6. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

Nope, these were both small aircraft, not helicopters. One has since landed, the other appears to be heading back towards Provo unless it is doing another pass somewhere.

7. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

In the report, it is Gabby that initially mentions her own mental health issues.

The report was redacted to conceal sensitive information but suggests Gabby told police she and Laundrie became embroiled in an altercation that was fueled by mental health issues.

Gabrielle told me that she suffers from [redacted] with [redacted],' Robbins wrote.

'Because of her [redacted] and [redacted], combined with little arguments she and Brian had been having that day, she was struggling with her mental health, which led to the incident that was reported to law enforcement.'

Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

8. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

I haven't found any yet, will keep glancing now and then.

9. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

The fiancé of the New York woman who went missing while on a cross-country road trip was identified as a person of interest in the case, authorities said Wednesday.

North Port, Florida, police confirmed Brian Laundrie's status as a person of interest as authorities continue their search for Gabrielle "Gabby" Petito, who was reported missing by her family over the weekend. The 22-year-old was last known to be in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming in late August when she stopped communicating with her family, police said.

More at Fiancé identified as a person of interest in disappearance of New York woman, police say

10. Harvath

Harvath Well-Known Member

What a nightmare/really bad situation. To be in relationship that’s far from healthy and not only be miles and miles from home and support…..but also confined to an extremely small space with the said individual. I can see how that would build and build more issues between the two. Very limited moments where they could have time to themselves or talk to others for advice/introspection on their relationship/situation. All speculation like you said but….this definitely sounds like a recipe for a bad situation that possibly boiled over at some point.

JB1958, Kingsley, Tealgrove and 19 others like this.
  11. LauraAnne

LauraAnne Well-Known Member

12. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

13. TommyVee

TommyVee Active Member

There is no abuse narrative being "spun". There is new information provided by the police report - not a narrative.

JB1958, Occula, Marg from Oz and 13 others like this.
  14. Alpine

Alpine Active Member

At the PC, they did say they found 'evidence of interest' In the van, but would not disclose what that was.

Any particulate evidence won't be available for a while, I suspect.

15. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Here is our latest on the disappearance of Gabby Petito.
    My interview with police.
    And @MarniHughesTV interview with Gabby’s Godmother.
    She says the couple visited her many times & she never saw red flags. Laundrie is still not talking.
    I'll upload more of police interview soon

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1438272580973174787?s=21

JB1958, dcfi224, elliefant and 34 others like this.
  16. Exactly! Thank you.

Further, I think Brian and family may use this to imply suicide if she is found deceased at some point. IMO

MerBeach, Tealgrove, Novalee and 21 others like this.
  17. Shellinaya

Shellinaya Former Member

The report does not say she assaulted him. It attempts to provide a narration to explain why they were both so upset and the arguing had escalated to physical. He grabbed her face, so he was also physical with her, it was not a one-way physical fight. They had done this before, IMO. The way the cops wrote it up portrays her as irrational and more upset than the man in this situation, the POI who probably is responsible for her being missing. The cops wrote: "The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk to calm down. she didn't want to be separated from the mate and began slapping him."

That's the hysterical woman part of the story and I doubt very much it actually happened that way. That sounds like the boyfriend's POV, to establish how "nuts" his girlfriend is. And police reports are not infallible.

Just IMO

18. wary

wary Well-Known Member

19. HolographicOne

HolographicOne Well-Known Member

I see. No mention of Sacramento, but the last text from GP said "No service in Yosemite". I haven't seen a report on actual cell tower pings, however. Some of the reporting is hastily and vaguely done. Thanks for linking!

JB1958, Marg from Oz, RIPRM and 15 others like this.
  20. FlowergirlinWard1

FlowergirlinWard1 Well-Known Member

You should include these dates too:

August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify

September 1: 4 songs were added to the playlist "Mtn tops," on an account Gabby Petito appears to share with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie: Many of the songs, collected on an account she appeared to share with her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, focus on love and heartache.
    "Your woman is your angel, is your left side, is your whole life; easily the most beautiful thing in the world," one song, Matt Berry’s "Woman," begins. "She'll soothe you; she'll accuse you; she'll confuse you; she'll lose you but always be the best friend you have in the world."

Another song, "Take My Hand," is about picking up a stranger at a bar. "The Badger’s Wake" is about a badger decomposing underground.

September 10: Gabby’s mother texted Brian and his mother, Roberta, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied

September 10: Gabby’s mother went to report Gabby missing later in the day, but police initially blew her off.
    Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

Missing woman's haunting songs on Spotify account may provide answers

JB1958, Marg from Oz, ar3593 and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.