Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wary

wary Well-Known Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438207512684212229/photo/1

Check the third paragraph. “She told me that she struggled with redacted and redacted, and because of redacted, she was struggling with her mental health.

JB1958, elliefant, HayLouise and 24 others like this.

2. JMI

JMI Well-Known Member

N23NW is a twin engine Cesna turbo prop registered to DELAWARE TRUST CO TRUSTEE. Possible contracted flight to search
    N59906- is a twin engine Piper registered to Marc Inc., a contract flight company out of Bolton, MS.

Both do look like S&R patterns. both were operating between 10 and 15K ft. They're not ideal airplanes to do S&R, but in a pinch, I guess any eyes in the sky are helpful.

JB1958, dcfi224, CalmSeas and 22 others like this.
  3. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Live updates: Gaby Petito and boyfriend Brian Laundrie got into a physical fight a week before she went missing

In a new statement, Laundrie's lawyer says he still won't speak to police

"In my experience, intimate partners are often the first person law enforcement focuses their attention on in cases like this and the warning that 'any statement made will be used against you' is true, regardless of whether my client had anything to do with Ms. Petito's disappearance," the statement from attorney Steven Bertolino said. "As such, on the advice of counsel, Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on this matter."

Bertolino said the police naming Laundrie as a "person of interest" in the case won't change his decision.

"Mr. Laundrie will continue to remain silent on the advice of counsel," the statement continued.

Diddian, JB1958, elliefant and 15 others like this.
  4. tigertales

tigertales Well-Known Member

If he drove the van that was registered to her (hence she was the owner) back to Florida alone, would that not appear to be theft of a vehicle? That part is really sticking with me. What gives him the right to take her mode of transport? Even is she was acting violent (big if here), I still can’t square him taking her property and then taking it thousands of miles away from where she was last seen. Curious what others think specific to him taking possession of the truck. (all just my opinion and speculation)

Sweetnlo, JB1958, La Louve and 29 others like this.
  5. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Agreed.

JB1958, CalmSeas, Kingsley and 11 others like this.
  6. TigerLou

TigerLou Well-Known Member

I would think if they find her phone having pinged in Sacramento that would change the search publicly and take a lot of focus off of BL since he was across the country so shortly after that text went through. It would mean she could have really made it to California without him or the van and not just stay focused on Wyoming or Utah.

7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Thanks @Emi. The plan was for GP & BL to be going to "Yellowstone" and not Yosemite. GP's mother believes the text she received stating "no service in Yosemite" may have been by an imposter and not her daughter.

8. Alpine

Alpine Active Member

9. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

This mental health issue.....
    Anxiety was mentioned in that report, two other words were redacted.
    If those also refer to anxiety....don't we all for the most part have anxiety attacks in stressful situations at one point or another?
    Gabby was far from home, very uncomfortable in that particular situation, fearful etc...so unless we know more I don't really think we can assume she has a serious mental health issue.

10. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

There was a third party witness there during part of the incident, right?

11. LauraAnne

LauraAnne Well-Known Member

<modsnip>

Scroll down for a pic of the vehicle:

Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2021
  12. HolographicOne

HolographicOne Well-Known Member

According to the police report, identified as "Christopher".

13. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

<modsnip - Quoted post removed>
    Can you please provide the link citing GP's phone pinged in Sacramento? Especially since they planned on Yellowstone and not Yosemite. Thank you.

ETA: If citing DM and the map below -- this does not cite the phone pings.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2021
  14. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I agree we can only go off what info was released at this point (the report).

Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

The report was redacted to conceal sensitive information but suggests Gabby told police she and Laundrie became embroiled in an altercation that was fueled by mental health issues.

'Gabrielle told me that she suffers from [redacted] with [redacted],' Robbins wrote.

'Because of her [redacted] and [redacted], combined with little arguments she and Brian had been having that day, she was struggling with her mental health, which led to the incident that was reported to law enforcement.'

The report says Laundrie told the officer both he and Gabby suffer from the same problem and that issues between the two 'had been building over the last few days.'

15. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

16. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Respectfully, no place in this article or the map does it cite the phone pinged in Sacramento. There are no phone pings cited, period. The cell phone information may not even be available to LE yet.

[​IMG]

17. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

Flight patterns in Moab area could be related to the couple murdered there in the last few weeks. Killer still at large.

arich24, JB1958, SugarQueen and 26 others like this.
  18. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

Actually on the map the #7 points to Sactown. FWIW.

19. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

Yes, it is popular on SM to self diagnose, I am not downplaying mental illness in any
    way.

20. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

He drove the car back to the address that car is registered to! Right? He didn’t hide it!
    His drivers license would have that same address !
    It’s obvious to me she was not around to leave the van with her so he decided to drive it home!
    Now did something happen to her because of him
    Or something else?
    We have to wait and see!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.