Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Marg from Oz, NoSI, AnnaGrace and 7 others like this.

2. Birmingplumb

Birmingplumb Well-Known Member

Can't like this post enough..... laws need changin............imo

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    marypretzels, ar3593, Sachi and 10 others like this.
  3. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

True - and they really need to have evidence that will point them towards a more specific item they are looking for in the warrant, you can't just get a warrant and have free reign to look at every aspect of a person's life or residence. When conducting a search once a warrant is issued, police may only search the places and people listed on the search warrant, and may only search for the sought-after evidence. Accordingly, officers may only search places where they might reasonably find the evidence. For example, you can't look in a small fire proof safe if you are looking for a long gun that wouldn't fit in it.

Search warrants may authorize police to search specific, named people found at the targeted location. However, officers executing a search warrant may detaub anyone present during the search. Furthermore, if officers find sufficient evidence to arrest someone present, they may arrest and search that person, even if the person was not listed on the warrant. Here's some more detailed info on search warrants in Florida from a law review document. http://www.floridalawreview.com/wp-content/uploads/3-Capers.pdf

4. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I am now leaning towards a scenario that has him leaving her without her phone, identification, clothing, etc and taking off to drive her van home to Florida - I'm discounting burial because that would require a shovel - unless he is seen at walmart of course.

jash, TRB, ar3593 and 24 others like this.
  5. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

6. Matic

Matic Well-Known Member

Top of page 39.

7. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

We don't know that they aren't investigating him. It takes time to build a case, and we don't know what evidence they have by now.

There's going to be a PC today so hopefully we will learn more.

ar3593, NCHydrangea, NoSI and 10 others like this.
  8. Kano

Kano Well-Known Member

this case has a lot of logic flaws for me to start with so it's hard for me to dive into it.. Why would he even go back home at all? It just makes no sense to simply go home and pretend nothing happened. To leave their 1 lone youtube video up and so on..

NoSI, forgetmenot, Mamamerced and 7 others like this.
  9. Cloudydiamond

Cloudydiamond Well-Known Member

10. lucymoosey

lucymoosey Member

I watched only about half of the released police video, and I'm trying hard to keep up with all the posts, but I'm working full time, so it's a challenge. I noticed in the police video that BL mentioned that he does not own a cell phone- anyone else catch that? I thought it was interesting, because he alluded to something like not wanting GP to leave him behind- she has the only phone out of the two of them, etc. Anyone else catch that comment from BL?

11. prima.facie

prima.facie Long Time Member

DANG IT. Here I am giving my thoughts after I said I would not. But reading people's thoughts....well....

I do not think EITHER OF THEM were innocent in their relationship with each other and how they handled each other. Both have issues. Period.

With that said, Gabby is a victim and she is missing. And he is being SILENT and uncooperative.

We don't know what happened. She needs to be found. Despite the fact, BOTH have issues, does not negate the fact this is about HER missing and that should be the main focus.

It does not matter if she was the biggest PITA or had this issue or that issue or whatever......her life matters and she deserves to live it....and her being found is the priority.

Marg from Oz, NWLady, ar3593 and 33 others like this.
  12. BuySellTrade

BuySellTrade Well-Known Member

13. Timfaxwithin

Timfaxwithin Active Member

Full body cam

Marg from Oz, d4j, mp_1989 and 5 others like this.
  14. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

15. JuliaGoolia

JuliaGoolia Well-Known Member

I was in an extremely toxic and abusive relationship at this age, married him also like an idiot. No one knew, no one knew until I landed in the hospital and had a restraining order in place. I hid it for over 10 years then divorced him.

16. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

I understand your analysis. However, he cannot defend taking her vehicle back to Florida without her. If he wanted to leave, he should have found his own transportation. Taking her vehicle and stranding her in what may be treacherous conditions is criminal - and immoral.

If - and it's a big if - he just wanted out, there were innumerable ways he could have walked away without jeopardizing her safety.

TRB, ar3593, abr and 18 others like this.
  17. penguinface

penguinface Well-Known Member

Yeah, I mentioned it, as later in the video, the cop seems to think they both have phones when he says “text each other in the morning” and “her main concern is that you get cellphone power”.
    I think the cop misunderstood and GP was getting BL to charge the shared (but her,) phone while he was somewhere that had power.

ChiCubs2016, PixieStix and Kapua like this.
  18. prima.facie

prima.facie Long Time Member

It happens to men too, more often than you think....unfortunately.
    My brother was married to a woman who would continually beat on him. He was taught to never lay a hand on a woman (violently). He would be covered in scratches, bruises, etc....actual injuries. I thought he would end up dead one day. He never ever ever TOUCHED her. She was batsh*t crazy.
    He stayed as long as he did, because they had a kid......and out of embarrassment.

angelina1, ar3593, TexasGiGi and 16 others like this.
  19. HolographicOne

HolographicOne Well-Known Member

I did indeed watch the video. The witness account wasn't recorded, and it happened prior to them being stopped. From the information released, it was assumed (I abhor assuming if I can help it), that his account is what prompted the police to even find BL and GP, not speeding.

Marg from Oz, wary, gliving and 4 others like this.
  20. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.