WY WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

It most certainly would change the course! I agree with NS, the text citing Yosemite was most likely not sent by her daughter, GP.

Also, I think it unrealistic to expect cell phone data location (cell tower pings, triangulation, etc.) available on this date because tower location data (pings, triangulation, etc.,) requires a search warrant pursuant to US Supreme Court 16-402 Carpenter v US (2018).

Pings/location data not to be confused with call/text history records which are readily accessible. MOO

2. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

3. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

<modsnip - broken quote>
    yes, IMO he probably did something in the heat of the moment and because of that im sure he didnt cover histracs very well,so far time has been on his side but i have a feeling things are about to close in on him.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2021
  4. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

I would assume the hotel wifi was out while power was out. Not sure why she couldn't have used her cell phone data connection to order the food (in my experience cell towers have a decent battery backup so they can stay on for at least a few hours when the electric grid is down, although I don't recall how long this outage lasted)

MOO

5. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

That's disturbing. IMO

6. TigerLou

TigerLou Well-Known Member

Someone unsure what to do with the “accident” he just had across the country…but much more familiar with places back home around the swamp he could handle such an “problem” might. I would think that if it wasn’t premeditated and he panicked. Driving through all those states is risky but he had the help of a ton of space in the back of that van.

ETA—I’ve thought this, but I’m unsure he really would have done this.

7. SovereignSnake

SovereignSnake Well-Known Member

So which is it? Did this convenience store cashier mix up the dates on when they saw Gabby and Brian or did Brian return on August 21st and not the 23rd? Did he even go at all? August 17th-23rd is an awful long time to split in the middle of a road trip. I mean who even leaves in the middle of road trip in the first place? Yes, I get that they had been gone for over a month at this point but I'm also not randomly leaving you, flying home and then coming back unless it's a serious emergency. I'm sticking it out for the long haul. This is getting crazier by the hour...

"At the Kicks 66 convenience store located down the street just a few hundred yards away from the Fairfield Inn, a cashier recognized the couple.

The cashier told the DailyMail.com, 'They came into together on the night of August 21. I remember them because he was telling her to 'hurry up.'

She didn't say anything back to him, at one point she left the store for a few minutes and came back in. They bought bottles of water, a few packages of instant noodles and donuts.'"

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

8. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Moab has a population a little above 5000, for the record. That definitely makes it strange to have a double murder, AND a very perplexing mystery happen so close together.

9. LauraAnne

LauraAnne Well-Known Member

Was the issue that he was paying for the food? By this time, they had been on the road for months with no income.

10. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

So would LE have BLs cell pings now for his route and movements from 8/25 until arriving in Northport with her van on 9/1?
    That’s a very long drive by yourself - was he alone??

11. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

this is true IME, one Thanksgiving in the Northeast when I was in a hotel and a nor’easter roared through, the entire hotel lost power including WiFi, which was rough because there was also no heat for a while.

12. Auntie Cipation

13. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I was just coming to post this! I found it worth the listen.

IMO, everything BL has done is completely inconsistent with that of someone who doesn’t know where his fiancée is or was last seen.

I just can’t get on board with the theories of she ran off or he left her stranded after an argument. Apparently LE can’t either because he’s now considered a POI. He HAS to know where he last saw her, so what’s the harm in giving LE that information unless she’s no longer alive. :(

Alcina, SugarQueen, JudgeJoe and 21 others like this.
  14. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

I agree. Too risky to get pulled over for traffic violation plus the decomposition scent in the van. Then he would not be able to say " I do not know what happened to her". You want to get far away from body as possible and he did this by driving to Florida.

15. Auntie Cipation

I'm sure she appreciated the financial assist, but that wasn't mentioned as the reason, the power outage was. MOO

16. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Actually, I believe GP did confide in her mother that BL traveled to Florida to allegedly help his dad move their property out of storage. NS provided this information in an exclusive interview with DM 9/14 - (although she stated this happened in August, NS did not provide the exact date).

17. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links !
    Wow.
    LE are really throwing down the gauntlet.
    As in --- just one step shy of calling BL a suspect ?
    IMO.

18. Trebor5591

Trebor5591 Well-Known Member

I r
    I read the police report at: https://mobile.twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438207512684212229/photo/1

Apparently there was an error in redacting the mental health condition the couple suffered from in the police report. In other words, that mental health condition "anxiety", was not redacted in one instance. So that is the mental health condition they suffered from, apparently.

19. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

I’ve seen other people familiar with this #vanlife thing saying it’s common for the practitioners to basically be living rough; and sometimes next door to homeless, so I’d buy this.

Specifically someone mentioned a different young woman who was traveling alone, sleeping in homeless shelters and washing up in public bathrooms. Her social media, of course, hinted at none of this.

just speaking generically, IMO, MOO.

20. Auntie Cipation

Why do we think it was via facetime? Was that mentioned somewhere?

Regardless, it wasn't her phone that was out of power (that we know of), it was local wifi/internet. If she needed that to facetime then I'm guessing they weren't facetiming. MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.