Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd the warrant is dated Sept 22nd, yet not published till today. FBI must have some pretty damning evidence at this point. The warrant is for sure the reason his parents sought to hire more stringent, local legal council. I hope the FBI didn’t give them this extra day to retain local council, they don’t deserve different treatment from any other person or party aiding, abetting, harboring or protecting a felon.

The arrest warrant is for stealing the money of and using the credit and debit cards of a deceased person. It's not for killing her. It's enough to arrest him, which explains the enormous search effort in the nature preserve!

I could see Brian exaggerating his experience to impress people based on what I’ve learned about him and the way he writes about himself and his experiences on his IG. They were stopping at cafes and hotels and restaurants and cooking up salmon dinners in their van. Also this is Daily Mail so I don’t give anything they say too much weight.
I agree. I'd want evidence, like what months exactly does BL claim he was in the wilderness? The idea that he was out there for several months "survivaling" is ludicrous. Ummmm.... you've gotta eat.
The ultimate "survivalist" was probably the Atlanta bomber. I posted a link to an article upthread, but I'll repost it. It's a good read about survivaling.... or not. He had to have had some help:
Eric Rudolph Slept Here

$1000 OR MORE
Over two accounts (quite possibly checking + savings)

Yes, this is important. It was at least $1,000. They did not disclose how much it was just that it met the statutory definition for this crime.

I think this was a good move because you do not have to have a long and complicated grand jury proceeding here to try to piece together a murder. You just present evidence that he illegally accessed her accounts. Grand Juries can take a very long time for complicated or serious crimes so I think this was their way to get a federal arrest warrant as quickly as possible.

Did he use Gabby's card???

sure looks like it.

I stepped away. And I have same question. That’s all they have after autopsy? i guess they were able to establish her time of death to be before Sept 1. Not allowed to use dead person’s bank account. But seriously, what if his argument is that he didn’t know she was dead? And he had her permission and was using it all along?

aside: some guy at a local NYC newspaper once went out and about using his wife’s debit card at several point of sale transactions at Walgreens, and discovered - drumroll - that none of the clerks cared what or how he signed vs who’s name was on the card. He said, ‘I signed wife’s name, I signed my name, I signed Mickey Mouse… nothing stopped my purchases.’ Similarly, once I left a friend alone with my card at a restaurant after-meal, as I went to the restroom before jumping in the car… I got back, and he was sitting outside. He had signed his name under my card - in fact he showed me the customer copy, it was so - and no, he was not an authorized user on my account.

Last edited:
How much is gas to get from Wyoming to Florida?

According to FuelEconomy.gov's trip calculator, with that year/make/model vehicle, it would only cost about $330 in gas to get from Jackson, WY to North Port, FL. (

A 2012 Ford Transit Connect van would get about 23MPG, and with a tank of 15.4 gallons, would need to refuel about every 350 miles -- so about 7 times between Jackson, WY and North Port, FL.

So what did he use the other $700+ for on this roadtrip?

Attachments

• van1.png
    van1.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 13
So how does this let us determine the date of her passing away? On or about August 30th to September 1st indicates that they are only sure that she passed away before August 30th. Poor soul, to be left out alone like that. My heart breaks reading all this.

1994 US Code
Title 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 47 - FRAUD AND FALSE STATEMENTS
Sec. 1029 - Fraud and related activity in connection with access devices

(a) Whoever—

(1) knowingly and with intent to defraud produces, uses, or traffics in one or more counterfeit access devices;
(2) knowingly and with intent to defraud traffics in or uses one or more unauthorized access devices during any one-year period, and by such conduct obtains anything of value aggregating $1,000 or more during that period;

(c) The punishment for an offense under subsection (a) or (b)(1) of this section is—

(1) a fine under this title or twice the value obtained by the offense, whichever is greater, or imprisonment for not more than ten years, or both, in the case of an offense under subsection (a)(2), (3), (5), (6), or (7) of this section which does not occur after a conviction for another offense under either such subsection, or an attempt to commit an offense punishable under this paragraph;

1994 US Code :: Title 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE :: PART I - CRIMES :: CHAPTER 47 - FRAUD AND FALSE STATEMENTS :: Sec. 1029 - Fraud and related activity in connection with access devices

FYI, according to the government Fuel Economy website, gas would be a little more than $300 from Jackson Hole to North Port. What the heck did this man buy?

I was going to question they because a lot of those older vans barely get 14 mpg . Theres actually gets closer to 25, a little less depending how much weight they put in it

Wa
The indictment states:

On or around August 30, 2021 through and including on or about September 1, 2021 in the District of Wyoming and elsewhere, the defendant, BL, knowingly and with intent to defraud, used one or more unauthorized access devices, namely a Capitol One Bank debit card ending in XX and a PIN for Capital One Bank accounts ending in XX .. and by such conduct obtained things of value aggregating to $1,000 or more during that period, which affected interstate commerce.

In violation of 18 USC 1029(a)(2), (c)(1)(A)(i)

----

8 U.S. Code § 1029 - Fraud and related activity in connection with access devices

(a)Whoever—
(1)knowingly and with intent to defraud produces, uses, or traffics in one or more counterfeit access devices;
(2)knowingly and with intent to defraud traffics in or uses one or more unauthorized access devices during any one-year period, and by such conduct obtains anything of value aggregating $1,000 or more during that period;

18 U.S. Code § 1029 - Fraud and related activity in connection with access devices
Way pages back several came up with the amount of $500 for gas from Wyoming to Florida!

Gabby’s IG bio was updated…“Remembering” was added and the link to YT channel was removed.

guessing her family gained access?

That breaks my heart. My dad was murdered but that's nothing compared to the loss of a child. I just cannot imagine the pain. A beautiful young lady who deserved to be with a real man and not this man-child. Fly high Gabby. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member