Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flimsy argument that will fail. Other criminals are caught all the time on surveillance cameras at ATM's using their victims cards. Claiming that they gave you permission doesn't fly.
Claim alone would fail, yes. But really if this was a regular and customary thing, and there was no evidence that you knew someone was deceased, not sure what penalty would be.

My cousin mistakenly used her mother’s account shortly after she died. Certainly no warrant for her arrest for that but she did get a stern warning that it was a serious breach. She just didn’t know.

At this point , that BL is a POI, not accused of murder, makes it so that his status would legally speaking like that of someone legitimately driving GP’s van home, say, at her request and permission, and she died unknown to him after he leaves.

I guess the use of her van , registered solely to her does not fall under such federal rules.

It explicitly states Wyoming and elsewhere. It likely did not happen within a federal property because the indictment cites interstate commerce as the reason they have jurisdiction instead of the fact that they were in a national park or forest.
Thanks for clarifying. Was just repeating what they said on WFLA. I dont think he'd had a chance to thoroughly digest it all either.

Yes
Laundrie family lawyer responds to FBI arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie

“It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise," Laundrie attorney Steven Bertolino told Fox News Digital. "The FBI is focusing on locating Brian and when that occurs the specifics of the charges covered under the indictment will be addressed in the proper forum.”

The FBI announced the arrest warrant on Thursday.

"On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito," FBI Denver posted on Twitter.

Gabby Petito: Search for Brian Laundrie at Carlton Reserve enters fifth day: LIVE UPDATES
Yes, they are related to her demise. Now that she was dead he would just take her card and withdraw all the money and go on the run.

Remember when Richard Stafford, the attorney for the Petito family, said in a brief statement sent to CNN, "All of Gabby's family want the world to know that Brian is not missing, he is hiding. Gabby is missing."

Random thoughts about Brian & wildlife reserve.
John Walsh is speculating of course, just like many of us.
But I found his appearance on CNN compelling where he made the case for why he contends BL's parents' story is bogus about BL going to the preserve in the Mustang.
https://twitter.com/AC360/status/1440475736041672708
Or for those w/o Twitter access try:
John Walsh suggests family bought Brian Laundrie time to flee
In the 9/2-9/4 window a neighbor says the family went camping with the truck and camper for 3 days.
A perfect opportunity for the parents to take (deliver) BL somewhere (of his choosing) where he can begin his attempt to evade discovery.
Did the investigators check the position of the driver's seat in the Mustang based on the height of father and son?

For example, I am 6'2" and my dad is 5'10".

No way he drives my car without moving the seat forward.
(Obviously if their heights are similar, this is not helpful.)

Sometimes it's the little things that become some of the most significant clues.

R.I.P. sweet Gabby.

Last edited:
My.point is thos.may be the only card they had!
I wonder if he had used.it in the !months prior!
If he had his money I. The account!
I know he seems.to have drained the account but he has the password!
I'm not making excuses just my 2 cents
With respect, I really do not think he'd be under federal indictment if any of that were the case. MOO, JMO, etc. etc. etc. :rolleyes:

You know what, I wonder if BL's parents deposited $1,000.00 to his Payal account, then he transferred that to his bank account?

Just a thought.

The authorized reward will remain open for two months starting from the receipt of the tip by the investigating law enforcement," according to a statement from the law firm.

"Only one reward is offered and cannot be split," Shakira said, adding the reward is offered to the first person to supply information leading directly to the "exact whereabouts" of Laundrie.
Gabby Petito case: Law firm offers $20K reward for information on Brian Laundrie
Just think if they upped the reward money and gave up on the search how many free slueths would go to work. moo

Not necessarily, some states you can buy private party with no background check. He passed through multiple states where he could have bought private party
Plus, who is to say IF he purchased a gun, he did it legally. He just murdered someone, stole her money and her van, I doubt he is worried about purchasing a gun legally.

Are there any shows on TV tonight about this case that anyone knows about?

I know the dates are outside the range stated, but I'd bet that's where he got the $200 he was willing to pay for a ride. They probably just can't pinpoint her time of death enough to be certain.

Hope all this self-imposed drama was worth it to him. Could of had a wonderful life. Instead….all this. The $1000 (which is absolutely nothing, long-term) got him gas, food, a few supplies, maybe some junk food. Now he’s likely food for the bugs, fish, and alligators. Good riddance.
its "at least $1000" to be an offense. no exact amount given... just at least 1000, could have maxed them out for all we know

Agreed. Here in TX you can buy long guns without a background check, but all handgun purchases require a background check, even at gun shows.
I mean if he purchased one in Wyoming right after she was killed he wouldn’t have had a background right? I’m sure someone has checked out his record?

My.point is thos.may be the only card they had!
I wonder if he had used.it in the !months prior!
If he had his money I. The account!
I know he seems.to have drained the account but he has the password!
I'm not making excuses just my 2 cents
If I murdered my fiance and drained their account, I don't think anyone would care about these semantics.

Additionally, if he DID put his money in her account, it is no longer HIS money.

Alethea said:
He may have just emptied her accounts and withdrew all the money. With many banks you can use your debit card to access both your checking and savings accounts.

They may have surveillance camera footage of him alone at the ATM.

Makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member