Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

You know, the parents and BL might be able to communicate through their lawyer - confidential privilege. You can't bug a lawyer communicating with clients.

2. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

The van was never in the garage. The garage is completely full of other stuff.

3. South Dakota

South Dakota Active Member

Only one card number was listed in the indictment and 2 checking accounts. It's a fair assumption that the card was tied to two or more accounts. The can only be set up to debit one account when the chip is read or it's swiped when making a purchase at a store or gas pump. That means the other account would only be accessible from a cash advance or ATM withdrawal. imo

4. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

5. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

6. Jessthinkin

Jessthinkin Well-Known Member

Maybe he was just set on having witnesses think he was going to Jackson (?). There did seem to be some mission creep, as the 2nd woman who picked him up hitchhiking took him to Spread Creek... (?)

LAhiker, kittythehare and rkendmar like this.
  7. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

And probably on his way to a new area for the next drop. Maybe only one parent will go next time? Maybe near another out-of-the-way errand or visit? Really can't think of a reason to be at a library that isn't near your home.

Blue Amethyst likes this.
  8. Fascinated1

Fascinated1 Well-Known Member

Good thought but I thought the dates he used the cards were before he was back in fla? Unless he took them when he was back to empty out the mysterious storage unit?

9. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

The indictment says two accounts, not 2 checking accounts.

10. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

I guess the length of time it took for her to be reported missing may have given him hope that he pulled it off. And by that time he had time to formulate a plan. I don't see him committing suicide, he had days to do it and didn't.

11. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

that’s why I firmly believe they have known where he is the whole time. Through the search today I saw a few buildings out in the reserve. I really hope they’ve checked those. I’m also curious as to who I saw walking through the trees on the thermal from a few days ago since it was apparently taken at night. Time stamp 1:03 bottom right corner

12. sleepysleuth

sleepysleuth Well-Known Member

The parents going to Orlando to meet with a new attorney leads me to believe that they know Brian is alive.

ETA: I just realized it was their attorney from New York who flew to Orlando. Nevermind

SugarQueen, LAhiker, SuziQ and 10 others like this.
  13. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Well, I'm glad to hear America has not changed so much.
    It was always the best place in the world to hitch hike. The best and kindest people.
    That lady had her bible, which attacked him, hopefully sending him into orbit but I betcha she had a gun handy if needed too.
    I was happy to see it but I know the dangers too. Especially with covid.

14. Charlie26

Charlie26 Member

I think it was a God whisper to turn yourself in!!

15. Jessthinkin

Jessthinkin Well-Known Member

Was she unable to buy pizza, or was her dad just doing something nice for her? I've bought dinner and had it delivered to out-of-state friends just to be nice.

16. Tigerlily75

Tigerlily75 Well-Known Member

Just in regards to the last sentence, I wouldn’t assume GP was unable to buy a pizza, it could simply have been an act of love from her Dad. My 22yo is s traveller and I would often randomly send money specifically for buying a good meal. She had her own money but I would do this just as a gift because I love her. She had saved up and was doing it all on a strict budget, so it’s just something nice to do.

17. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Yes, that'a true, but I am willing to bet he knew her PIN number. -- after everything else we know about him and how he treated her. "Gabby, honey, I'll run to the store -- relax and take a nap." Or something like that. JMO

18. RANCH

RANCH United we stand, divided we fall.

So it's possible that BL's parents are working with LE to have him arrested but the parents are keeping it from the public for some reason.

LinasK, B4igo2it, neesaki and 3 others like this.
  19. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Thread paused for cleanup and to address repeated violations

Gemmie, Roselle65, Elisaa444 and 36 others like this.
  20. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I’m sorry to say I haven’t been online - but I will say that considering the charges I would not be surprised if he helped himself to the parent cards (we keep ours in a bowl because we trust the people in our house) if they were available
    JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.