Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. customCF

customCF Well-Known Member

there are ways to hide from FLIR and thermal vision. Not impossible but could be in BL's situation. Don't know what supplies he/they could have bought before he went running

2. B4igo2it

B4igo2it Well-Known Member

and in the missing persons, his parents stated he left their home "without his phone & wallet"

3. customCF

Has it opened for you yet

4. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

Oh certainly that is true but the point is that, even if they loved each other (and I think they did), their relationship already seemed quite antagonistic and volatile. I wouldn't be surprised if this were another blow up and he went too far in the heat of the moment.

SuperTmo likes this.
  5. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

I thought that was just speculation -

SugarQueen, Bad_Wolf and Jax49 like this.
  6. Tigermania

Tigermania Active Member

Can the suspicious incident be a call in of someone spotted walking that looked like BL? Seems like there was a photo floating around then.

notmissing, rkendmar and TigerLou like this.
  7. TigerLou

TigerLou Well-Known Member

There are enough generators and cell phones that people aren’t unaware and those that are, there are still plenty of people like me who come and go helping.

Most areas have cell service back, lots but the core areas have power back and those are running generators. And down in the worst of the worst hit areas, a stranger living in a tent where areas aren’t even close to habitable might stand out. They aren’t big areas at all. Small communities.

Loulu and kittythehare like this.
  8. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

Reportedly disproven, but I never saw the source -

9. Coquette

Coquette Observer

Actually, the warrant said it was a Capital One 360 account. That's not a credit card. These are bank accounts with debit cards. Very different.

10. customCF

This whole situation is strange IMO. BL supposedly goes to FL, any proof? If he didn't; where did he go?
    Could he have been setting up caches somewhere to plan for hiding in advance of what happened

Cool Cats and kittythehare like this.
  11. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

No. If it's paywalled we're not allowed to reproduce it and if it's not we're limited to no more than 10% copypaste. That's around copyright riles on this site.

SuperTmo and Fleur-de-lis like this.
  12. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

Gabby wasn't reported missing until the 11th, which would mean she saw him the day before. I wonder why we hadn't heard about this sighting of him until today.

Estelle likes this.
  13. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

I hope so! That makes more sense! The original post I thought they were saying that’s what happened. I was like oh my goodness I know I’ve been on this site too long tonight & I know I’m tired…but how did I miss THAT?!

14. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

Do we know anything about who might have come or went from BL's parents house that evening?

1bratmom likes this.
  15. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

I hope so! That makes more sense! The original post I thought they were saying that’s what happened. I was like oh my goodness I know I’ve been on this site too long tonight & I know I’m tired…but how did I miss THAT?!

16. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Nice!

Born2BWild likes this.
  17. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

Something's not right about that. I remember that police at the press conference said he decided to go hiking late in the afternoon on Tuesday. Either that was bad information he had, or the lies are thick. This report from September 14th says that the note was left at 2:42pm. So how can Brian decide to go hiking at anytime on Tuesday, and a note like this be left on the car the same day, Tuesday?

It's almost like I need a timeline of just Tuesday at this point.

18. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

A great job explaining the Appalachians. I would change only the info on how they were formed. Different sections of the Appalachians have different geology and geologic histories. They all were formed by tectonic forces and altered in some way by subsequent tectonic events that were sometimes unique to that area. Glaciers helped shape the mountains in northern section. Source: my bachelor’s degree in geology.
    I promise I won’t talk about geology anymore...

19. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Scenario for Pity: He came home "crying" about how GP broke the engagement, and ran off with another guy in his Winnebago. She said he could have her camper van. His heart is broken. His life is over. She doesn't want to see him. She also stole some of his money and clothes. She broke his heart. So he asked them not to even talk to her or her folks, blah-de-blah-de-blah. Moped around the house, went into his room and cried himself to sleep. All he wants now is a Not Happy Pity Party and a hike. And they bought it... for a while.
    How's that?

20. customCF

I do wonder what Gabby or him may have recorded on whatever devices they had with them that could be inciminating to what happened out there. As for the massive search, either LE found something that we don't know and haven't thought of (possible) or they're putting on a show to make themselves look good (no Idea)

Estelle and SUNchips like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.