Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rougeforces

rougeforces Well-Known Member

Some nagging questions and brainstorming.

Q. What is up with the trip back to Florida?
    This was the first thing that struck me as very odd about this case and it is still mysterious. I first came to question this because I had read an article about her mom wanting to know where her stuff was at and questioning why he took a flight out in the middle of a long cross country "van life nomad" style trip. Shortly after I read this article, reports of police encounter came out with the dates about a week before this trip. It further cemented in my brain that this case was really mysterious. I heard his sister mention the flight home as well, and then I saw the note posted by her uncle mentioning "Brian back in Florida".

Q. Why was her family so very adamant that his parents knew where she was at?
    The way her family has confronted his family and really their demeanor throughout strikes me as a family that suspects a lot more than what is being revealed publicly. I really want to avoid sounding disparaging of her family, but I just sense something is off with their posture towards the entire case from the beginning. Of course now that things have unfolded in such a terrible way their outrage is the dominating posture. It's just that I am really trying to wrap my head around given the facts we know now, and surely the family and LE knew early on in my first question, why did it take so long to officially confront his family and officially report her as missing? There is some cat and mouse going on for sure, but WHY?

Q. Why has his family treated her family as if they and her daughter never existed?
    Granted, there is not so much we can brainstorm on here since we haven't heard a peep. I just cannot accept that given the words from his sister, the way she talked about her kids love for her, the fact that she lived with them, I just cannot accept that these people are that cold and ruthless. There just seems something very very wrong about the communication between these two families. Of course we know that the families did not communicate after the fact. We have no indication that there may have been some other reason for the coldness to exist. But, it just feels like it's not something that suddenly happened out of the blue. This coldness must have been developed over some time. Was her dad suspicious before the trip even began? Was there a reason to believe that she may have been in danger under his families roof long before?

These questions just nag me to pieces because I am struggling to accept the obvious narrative. Something about this case... something just seems so scripted about it. If that makes sense.

I hope the answers are coming, soon. For her sake, for her parents sake, and to bring justice to someone who at the very least thought it was a good idea to leave his supposed fiancé behind in the wilderness without her home and take her very limited resources.

2. 1bratmom

1bratmom Member

Slamalam and citizen_sleuth like this.
  3. customCF

customCF Well-Known Member

You make some good points here. Could explain all the hitchiking and travelling around without her being seen. I do wonder if Gabby was still alive in/near the van when the vloggers got the vid on 8/27. Not long from time of dinner in Jackson

Slamalam and SUNchips like this.
  4. ArmChairDet

ArmChairDet Well-Known Member

Two issues with any being his money.

- He probably wasn't an official authorized user.

- Once a death, the account can't be spent. They would go through will/ probate.

IMO they grabbed that, because it goes across state lines and make it federal.

tiara1972, Estelle, 10ofRods and 3 others like this.
  5. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if Brian went back to FL with any marks on him from Gabby. If so, how did he explain that to his parents. Especially after he had some on his face the last time.

Jennihenny, Estelle, patcorn and 2 others like this.
  6. 1bratmom

1bratmom Member

Double post. Sorry

7. WizardQuest

WizardQuest Well-Known Member

I thought she may have told him to take a hike!

you're right, something is odd about this.

Needs investigated.

8. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

Thank you for that info. I think you are probably correct and Roberta may be undergoing chemo or be a postoperative breast cancer patient. This is only speculation on my part but it certainly does indicate how little her son cares about her if true.

Jennihenny, Estelle, SUNchips and 2 others like this.
  9. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

I know you're kidding, but I think you may be close.

Estelle, scorpie and SaguaroSpirit like this.
  10. WizardQuest

WizardQuest Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing.

Could be hiding until they heal.

11. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

It was a lunch box.. I found it strange. Didn’t seem to leave with it, and all of a sudden she arrives home with it. Seems odd. Im sorry if it offends you or something, but for all we know there could’ve been evidence in it.

SUNchips likes this.
  12. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

In places like that, there are always gun shots around. Every time I go to a park or National Forest, there are gunshots. They are either coming from outside the park, or somebody is poaching.

Estelle and putnam6 like this.
  13. Estelle

Estelle Well-Known Member

Chris McD predicted that BL could be hiding in the Appalachians as he is familiar with that area.

StarryStarryNight and DeDee like this.
  14. customCF

That whole week is full of mystery. Why didn't she contact more people if she was alone. I don't see her spending multiple days in a hotel room by herself and not leaving for much of anything. Wonder if any security footage shows any helpful info for the LE

tiara1972, kotis, Estelle and 2 others like this.
  15. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

They did. LE made the announcement because they didn't want the general public to get the impression that they had found B

jjonez likes this.
  16. JayWill

JayWill On Time Out

Or it could mean that she had tendonitis. It is only on her forearm.

Katerz likes this.
  17. meatandcookies

meatandcookies Well-Known Member

distracted and Katerz like this.
  18. customCF

MOO Could be doing "Dead drops" for BL somewhere. Go into a store, the tail doesn't pay attention and they leave something for BL to retrieve after they leave as he watches from a distance

DeDee and Katerz like this.
  19. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

It has been reported that her mother tried to file a missing person's report earlier, but the North Point police didn't agree.

Estelle, DeDee, vls12345 and 2 others like this.
  20. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

That’s what I’m sayin. They weren’t going to work though they were going to Orlando, which is like 3 hours from their house. Probably had snacks or something, just seems kinda odd because I didn’t see it in pics when they were in Orlando lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.