Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patcorn

patcorn Active Member

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Estelle, Kapua, Born2BWild and 2 others like this.
  2. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

Yes. But the book is Sci Fi, quite different than this case.

They were also reading Lullaby, which some people find disturbing because of all the death - and necrophilia - in it.

bluenoser and SUNchips like this.
  3. customCF

customCF Well-Known Member

He was indeed reading that, not sure exactly when though

Deleted member 222031 likes this.
  4. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

Of course she did, but she didn't go home to her parents and try to explain them after her homocide. He did or possibly could have if he had any. That's my point. How did he explain those wounds. Please reread because you misunderstand what I was trying to say.

5. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

I think that is why the poster put it in quote marks ;)

6. Hope_for_the_missing

Hope_for_the_missing New Member

The Laundrie's neighbor reported that the parents packed up a new camper and left with Brian for the weekend. This was before Gabby was reported missing on Sept 11. CCTV footage should be checked where they went and their movements.

ctmom, bluenoser, PoppyJune and 2 others like this.
  7. customCF

I really hope there was enough evidence found at autopsy to prove that BL was at least there, obviously she didn't kill herself.

ctmom, silverau and staunchcharacter like this.
  8. bambibones

It would be harder to prove that he didn't have permission to drive the van as he'd been driving it in all her sites. But using someone else's bank account (especially after they are dead) is another matter.

9. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

They may have hoped to remain out of sight while they waited for the appointment with their lawyer who was flying from NY to meet them.

No such luck. They're going to be watched every minute of the day from now on.

10. vls12345

vls12345 Well-Known Member

That's what I keep wondering. Why did FL LE refuse to do a missing person report for GP, necessitating a report being made in NY instead?

And how much did that delay things?

ctmom, bluenoser, pcrum12 and 6 others like this.
  11. Andreee

I think that it doesn't really matter how her parents knew that, just that they were able to find out. Doesn't really lead to supposition about lying.

tayaway likes this.
  12. putnam6

putnam6 Same as it ever was...

13. bambibones

It's also harder to get into Canada right now: you need proof of vaccination. It's even harder to get into some of the provinces.

JayWill, Kapua, SUNchips and 2 others like this.
  14. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

Yeah I assume whatever time he spent hitchhiking was mostly aimless wandering out of fear and confusion, maybe even disbelief at what he'd done? I know some think that the conversations he had with the people who picked him up were attempts at building an alibi BUT I can also see it as him compartmentalizing what actually happened until he can deal with it. She's not dead, the future is not over. He's just hiking and she's "back at the van working on her videos..."... until he has to face reality and flee away from it all realizing there is no fix for this one...

I think there's a good possibility she's still alive when the van is caught on video or that whatever happened occurred right around that time. The flip flops and whatever else around the back of the van make me think things were normal for a bit after arrival. I could see them parking and exploring, walking across the creek as she's looking for a new place to take photos or make a video yet they're still bickering after being in town and he kills her and leaves her where she falls, etc...

Less likely, imo but what if she really were still alive through to the 29th? What if the drama that started in town escalated on the way back to the reserve, they have an argument, and he took off and left her there until the 29th when he hitchhikes back and the real blow up happens? I think it's far far less likely because no one sees her, though.

ctmom, kotis, NoeticSoul and 3 others like this.
  15. customCF

IMO There has to be more to BL than we realize, maybe his 'episodes' were worse than anybody ever told anybody else. Maybe they escalated over time.

16. Andreee

I would certainly be careful where I had any kind of discussion if I were them, particularly in my home or car due to possibility of others listening in.

17. PezCandy

PezCandy With brave wings she flys

could that have been the mysterious trip the L family made? To see if she was okay? Like they thought he just ditched her there then they wanted to pick her up and bring her back not knowing what actually went down? I wish that family would just tell LE or FBI what they know. I wonder if BL will be found, my gut tells me that BL is long gone from FL.
    All IMO jmo speculation all that jazz
    I was really hoping for a better outcome for gabby and her family. It’s just super sad all the way around.

18. Springrain

Springrain Who killed Kylen Schulte and Crystal Beck of Moab?

I really can't tell if any of these alleged sightings are him because he just looks like so many other (albeit usually older) men. That being said, I seem to be in the minority on this thread in that I'm pretty sure he's dead.

My question is: if he is dead, where is his body? Imo, it is in a rural, swampy area of Florida he killed himself in.

bluenoser and Kapua like this.
  19. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

He didn't. He tried to file his own missing person's report in FL. He did not go to that house.

Deanna426, ctmom, penguinface and 2 others like this.
  20. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

...perhaps not if he's on the insurance.

TUTUFUN and tayaway like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.