Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. customCF

customCF Well-Known Member

unless someone in the BL family could have told her, BL's sisters kids perhaps or somebody else, no idea. MOO

ctmom likes this.
  2. PezCandy

PezCandy With brave wings she flys

her father said that she didn’t “literally have ocd, it was slang.” She wasn’t “diagnosed”. She liked things to be clean, tidy.

I feel like tension was really building up between them and they were drifting apart. Was there any major fighting that we know of that was just prior to the police stopping them??

kotis, superbee, Angelo and 4 others like this.
  3. putnam6

putnam6 Same as it ever was...

That sounds like a darn good question isn't it?

DCinga, Slamalam, bambibones and 2 others like this.
  4. customCF

Nothing i know about, but it stands to reason if there was that fight and the one in Jackson; there had to have been others that weren't documented. Could have been worse than what we've seen or been told about

5. JayWill

JayWill On Time Out

No, not true. He was never there.

Andreee likes this.
  6. kolokolo

kolokolo Well-Known Member

Aloha Keyedin, are you able to expand on your information? IIRC the parents picked up/drove the car home on a Wed night, but stated they picked it up on Thurs morning. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh Snap! Did the Lawnderies file a FALSE Missing Police Report on their son the POI BL?

Estelle and PezCandy like this.
  7. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

The incident is at 11:23pm, I think. So they could have left the house later than 9pm.

ctmom, Slamalam and Sachi like this.
  8. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

There's so much in this post! Yes, the Laundries gave LE their lawyer's contact information before refusing to speak to LE. They had also not responded to GP's parents' desperate attempts to contact them. They had to have known that something really bad had happened.

The police were contacted, at a minimum, on the 10th, but didn't actually process a Missing Person report until the 11th. That makes a camping trip between the 10th and 12th pretty tight. Did LE seize the van when the Laundries weren't home? The neighbor I saw on the news wasn't sure about the date of the camping trip.

ctmom, Shellinaya, rkendmar and 2 others like this.
  9. customCF

I just hope that when Gabby's family gets her back home, they can have a nice funeral for her like they want without being hounded by media or anyone else. They deserve that. I have a feeling that their smallish town will be overrun with people from all over the place. Also hope that Gabby's family gets all her stuff back from the L family. If they didn't get rid of any of it.

10. jvikes

jvikes Well-Known Member

What's the deal with the social situation he was cited in?

11. bambibones

You made me wonder whether or not they might have picked up the Mustang at midnight Wednesday night .

kolokolo and Sachi like this.
  12. vls12345

vls12345 Well-Known Member

I agree. If, as some are postulating that RL possibly has cancer, perhaps BL came home to help out/do something/because he was asked to by his parents. Just a wild guess but maybe whatever it was an innocuous reason that had nothing to do with the Moab DV stop or the later homicide. MOO.

kotis and JayWill like this.
  13. Shellinaya

Shellinaya Well-Known Member

I guess. I've built a lot of websites too, nearly all with Wordpress. Landing page is quick and easy. She was using Squarespace. Those systems make it much easier to do everything. But Squarespace would have the database of her site and that would show when she last worked on it, and since it was almost certainly her website alone, (not BLs, because he ridiculed it) it could show when she was last alive, if she worked on it her last day/night. It meant a lot to her, IMO, so she might have worked on it up until the end.

14. customCF

Getting the lawyer that early tells me that they had to have known something bad happened to Gabby. I just cannot understand why they would NOT tell her parents. Cold hearted people IMO

15. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

He called in a missing person's report. That is the "social situation."

16. bambibones

wasnt_me, ctmom, JayWill and 2 others like this.
  17. customCF

I think it would be nice if someone could finish Gabby's website for them if not the family themselves and potentially use it to bring awareness to DV. I think that would make Gabby happy.

18. putnam6

putnam6 Same as it ever was...

True but what was so important semi-late at night, after all this time.... need to know who and why it was redacted.

ctmom likes this.
  19. bambibones

Another horrible idea - maybe BL's parents took him camping for a last family time together, thinking they wouldn't see him again, knowing what he'd done.

20. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

I think maybe the flip-flops are his and he slipped them off when climbing into the van or maybe he left them there and he changed into hiking boots after coming back from dinner?

The changing time zones are doing my head in. If he arrived in FL Sept 1 at 10:26AM then what is the absolute latest time he could leave Spread Creek?

jash, kittythehare and putnam6 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.