Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree, but I have an iPhone and if I'm using the zoom feature to take a picture from a large distance, it's gonna be blurry. The iPhone cameras are good, but there's only so much you can do with the zoon feature.

I recently purchased a iphone 12 and it's amazing what the camera/video can do. If I zoom for a photo it's as if they are standing right next to me. I'm talking about a 100 foot distance too!

Regarding the 'fraud'/ credit card thing. Seems obvious to me that the motivation of the charge is less likely about the so-called alleged crime itself and more about a means to an end. (Yeah, I know, Captain Obvious). But, if I read the thing correctly, Laundrie is said to have had the PIN. So, someone had to give him the PIN, no? (Unless, the belief is that he hacked it.) Would that not dilute the claim that he was unauthorized?

Assuming that BL lied to his parents and claimed to have done nothing wrong. If BL's parents believed that he did nothing wrong, why would they be afraid that he would hurt himself?
I think they knew what happened to GP before BL got out of Wyoming.
I think they did at least suspect he did something wrong, but maybe Brian didn't start to panic until Gabby was reported missing and the story was all over the news.

We don't know what his mental state was by then, but LE described him as "agitated." I think his parents were genuinely worried, otherwise why call attention to themselves? The media was hounding them, neighbors were driving by in golf carts and demanding answers.

It was reporting Brian missing that brought the FBI to their house. I don't think they would have risked opening themselves up to that if they weren't worried about his safety. IMO

It doesn't matter if it was his money. His name was not on the account and he did not have a PIN. If he deposited money into her savings account, it's her money. These statutes are meant to protect banks from paying out money to unauthorized users and then having to also reimburse the owner-in-fact when they claim unauthorized access. So it's a crime to use someone else's bank card, account number, or PIN.
Totally get that it’s a crime and punishable offense, but let’s say (hypothetically) there is a steady history of proof he made payments to the account (credit card) via his own bank account and/or had proof of cash or check deposits to her bank account(s) in question… would the argument of a shared account/funds hold up in court then?

Not sure anyone would have underground places in Florida, where the water table is high.

Agreed, but how small of a place could a person hide in order to avoid arrest? Several feet under or a false wall?
I'm pretty sure this is NOT the case but I would have checked every possible place including the attic, no matter how small it may have been. I'm sure the FBI did and swept with dogs.

Regarding the 'fraud'/ credit card thing. Seems obvious to me that the motivation of the charge is less likely about the so-called alleged crime itself and more about a means to an end. (Yeah, I know, Captain Obvious). But, if I read the ting correctly, Laundrie is said to have had the PIN. So, someone had to give him the PIN, no? (Unless, the belief is that he hacked it.) Would that not dilute the claim that he was unauthorized?

I know most of my partner’s passwords, including her debit card pin, phone passcode, and social media sites.

This is pretty common IMO. I am 27 and know lots of my friend’s phone passcodes too, just from being around them.

Regarding the 'fraud'/ credit card thing. Seems obvious to me that the motivation of the charge is less likely about the so-called alleged crime itself and more about a means to an end. (Yeah, I know, Captain Obvious). But, if I read the ting correctly, Laundrie is said to have had the PIN. So, someone had to give him the PIN, no? (Unless, the belief is that he hacked it.) Would that not dilute the claim that he was unauthorized?
He could have somehow coerced Gabby into giving him her PIN. Even if she willingly gave him her card, it would be illegal to give him the PIN so he could use it. Thats why joint accounts have 2 cards with different PINs

It's 485.6 miles away. And besides that, they stayed quite a long time in Salt Lake City (at least Gabby), in between those destinations.

Just my opinion, of course, but there doesn't seem to be any 'reasonable' alternatives being offered up, in terms of who else could have killed her. Brian and Gabby were practically joined at the hip. They were having major relationship troubles in public. Her body was found quite close to where her white van was parked at spread Creek.

He returned to Florida without her, while in possession of that same van, her personal effects, phone and apparently her debit cards which he used fraudulently on the way home.

Yeah that is all great and damning for an internet forum, but if they are unable to establish time of death and manner of death, there is a lot they have to present to convince a jury of murder. They need to prove he was there when she died. And sadly the crime scene had weeks of exposure to the elements and wildlife. Also bear in mind the amount of ammunition his defence will have that any jury will be tainted.

At this stage, do i think he did, absolutely. But Im on an internet forum. A jury needs a lot more for beyond reasonable doubt. Which is why I assume they are being very quiet, and this potential hitchhike stories will be very relevant.

So, maybe someone already asked this but IF they went camping in that small camper over labor day weekend. . . why hasn't someone come forward to say they had a sighting (unless BL stayed inside and no one would really recognize the parents), or they didn't go camping and just loaded that rig up with gear and got him somewhere quiet. JMO.

By
Totally get that it’s a crime and punishable offense, but let’s say (hypothetically) that there is a steady history of proof he made payments to the account (credit card) via his own bank account and/or had proof of cash or check deposits to her bank account(s) in question? Would the argument of a shared account/funds hold up in court then?
depositing his money in not his account, it can be inferred that he was giving the money to her. Once it’s out of his possession/out of his account it’s not his any more

I have to sign off quickly to drive back home but wanted to show the travel times and also how Benton, IL is along the route to get back to North Port. One is Grand Teton to Benton, the other is Benton to North Port.

Attachments

• wytoil.png
    wytoil.png
    578.2 KB · Views: 41
  • iltofl.png
    iltofl.png
    656.4 KB · Views: 33
Guys.. I haven’t read every page from the new thread yet, but just from the beginning people are wondering why they’re doing this why they’re doing that. Remember.. the FBI is very tight lipped.. so they know A LOT more than they’re releasing to the public.

Agreed, but how small of a place could a person hide in order to avoid arrest? Several feet under or a false wall?
I'm pretty sure this is NOT the case but I would have checked every possible place including the attic, no matter how small it may have been. I'm sure the FBI did and swept with dogs.

I’ve also seen documentaries of LE being able to tell if someone is growing weed in their home because of the heat it emits. If there were another person in the home, they would know.

It doesn't matter if it was his money. His name was not on the account and he did not have a PIN. If he deposited money into her savings account, it's her money. These statutes are meant to protect banks from paying out money to unauthorized users and then having to also reimburse the owner-in-fact when they claim unauthorized access. So it's a crime to use someone else's bank card, account number, or PIN.

Yeah I get that, its her money. But if he could prove a pattern of use, although illegal, could he not cast doubt that it is not as damning evidence for a murder trial as one would think. Like sure, he gets a fraud charge, but surely they need more than an atm withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708