Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM In FL, close family is exempt, SBM
He is an adult, they are adults, it's no different than his possible fleeing to stay with friends who are also adults. And who appear to help him hide, and possibly fund him. Why would his mother and father be exempt from any responsibility at all?

Not when the owner of the card is dead, and the death has been declared a homicide.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I agree that her death would essentially nullify any agreement they may have had while she was living, but it wouldn't be hard to argue that he didn't know she was dead. Remember, to this point, there isn't any physical evidence linking him to her death or the crime scene. The whole, "i went hiking and she was gone when I came back" alibi is still plausible; not reasonable or likely, but plausible.

I'm curious to know what the "> $1000" actually represents. I'm guessing he cleaned out the account, bought gas and snacks, etc.

I don't want this to get lost in this fast moving thread, so I'm posting again. I wasn't here in the beginning, so maybe someone who was can tell me if this has been addressed or do we need to update the tineline?
@oviedo - Timeline update needed?

Ok, Im not sure if people are not reading what I said. Black and white for a fraud case about using someones card yes. Guilty.

But if Im sitting in a jury, I would need alot more for a murder case. If a defence presented a pattern of use on the card, or a disgruntled ex who took they card cause they felt they were owed. Id be like sure thats stealing, but Im not going to vote guilty cause a card was used. A jury needs more for murder. Well I would if I was on the jury. And yes I get there is so much more evidence, and in combination it amounts to guilt. But in my belief unless they can establish time of death, and manner of death, the card is not going to convict him.

Do I think he did. Yes of course, but im on an internet forum not a jury.

This isn't the indictment for murder. This was how they got an arrest warrant in one day.

I am sure they are presenting a murder case to the grand jury as we speak outlining how their phones traveled together and were present at the crime scene. Going over the forensic evidence and interviews with the other campers at the campsite. How Gabby's phone turned off around 9/1 and was never turned back on again. What they found on BL's electronics devices. How he refused to speak to LE, help in the search for Gabby, and then disappeared.

I don't see how you can infer there's no evidence for murder based on an indictment for a completely separate crime.

Just wanted to say, and someone might have already (hard to keep up) but I don't think you can ever "authorize" someone to use your pin for a debit or credit card. I'm from Canada so maybe the laws are different but I am pretty sure sharing your pin with another party is not allowed up here. Now I am not certain it is "the law" but it definitely violates the terms of service for the card here. I do think it is illegal as well, but I could be wrong. Just my thoughts.

Well, he wouldn’t know the police were after him if his intention was to go off the grid without a phone for whatever reasons. It’s a flimsy argument, but could technically be true. /JMO
Until he is found dead or alive, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I just want him to pay for what he did to Gabby. She did not deserve any of what he did to her, trash human that he is

But, her death was ruled as a homicide and not accidental or undetermined. There is definitive proof, of which we are not privy, that her life was taken by another.
True I think the person was speaking in terms of intent. Yes it’s been ruled a homicide but intent is what makes it the difference between manslaughter and murder. It’s a spectrum on one end you have manslaughter voluntarily or involuntarily, then you have murder: 1/2/3 rd degree etc. depending on what actually happened will determine what type of crime he is charged with. I think it would fit the bill for 2nd degree murder. I don’t think he premeditated this death, but I absolutely do believe that he intended to kill her- most likely a crime of passion where they we’re fighting and he took it too far and she’s deceased. He didn’t plan it but it happened and he didn’t stop himself from committing the killing so he did intend to kill her. Or we are all wrong and he didn’t intend to kill her and it was either negligence or an accident on his part. I’m doubting that but I don’t know COD so until we do and also until LE talks to BL we can’t say which way it happened.

Very well said.

With no support in Canada and living like a "suburban racoon (excellent analogy) in either place, he would be better off staying home. Plus, warmer weather in the US makes semi homeless "racoon life" easier.

I am thinking shave mustache and beard. Grow hair, maybe dye it- nothing extreme, just move to a deeper brown or lighter red.

Then.... head to a place in the US where huge numbers of homeless and semi homeless transients live a "racoon life" between shelters, odd jobs and shop lifting type theft.

Factor in an over loaded police force which has been instructed not to actively enforce a number of laws- including low to mid level theft, and San Francisco or Seattle would be ideal destinations.

He's not scared to dye his hair. There's a photo of BL on his Instagram account with PINK hair!

Login • Instagram

Screenshot_20210924_153320.jpg

Honestly, I think BL had a good plan. He just didn’t take into account that the police would have a million online sleuths helping them out. No one could expect that.
Regardless of what happened or how it happened, it would be safe for him to think if he left GP out in the open in a field or forest with wild animals, that she would be eaten or decompose from the elements. In the meantime he would be seen hitch hiking, biking with mommy, camping with the fam. All he had to do was say I dunno where she is. I got nothin to say. By the time anyone figured out that she was missing, where to look, arrange for search parties, there wouldn’t be much of her left to find or incriminate him. In the meantime her credit or bank cards were being used elsewhere. Who knows where she might be. It was a darn good plan!!!
Except… all you websleuthers couldn’t mind your own business and had to get involved. You found her, hopefully all of her, and the whole plan unraveled. Way to go!!! Pat yourselves on the back. You’re all responsible for ruining his plan and hopefully catching him soon.

so essentially he’d have gotten away with it if it wasn’t for us danged kids….

Question: I wonder if the State of Florida can charge BL with a crime associated with a stolen van used in the commission of a crime being brought back into Florida.
That same question applies to any state that BL passed through on the journey back from the crime scene.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member