Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I think it's more of an investigation into how the call proceeded. There was some misunderstandings because the agency that responded to the call were not aware of the details surrounding the initial 911 call. Because they didn't have that information, they had to go off the statements of an eyewitness and mistakenly concluded that Gabby was the aggressor. Had they known the details of the 911 call (that Brian had been witnessed slapping and hitting Gabby repeatedly) the situation may have been handled differently. I don't see this as a blame game, but more of a making sure this kind of incident is less likely to happen again.

2. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

Her family is really remarkable. I feel so bad for them. And I understand that this is about Gabby but she deserves justice and that means finding BL. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2021
  3. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

As it should be. All the focus is on finding Brian right now!

4. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

5. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

The police in Moab could have done a better job. When one of them commiserates with the man about “crazy females” and what they are capable of, it’s time for some retraining. Obviously, the real victim is Gabby, not BL. He was never in danger of being murdered by her, but turns out, she was the one in mortal danger. The police have a difficult job to do, but they appear to have not done their best that day. IMO

6. blueberryjam

blueberryjam Well-Known Member

Why? Its not like anyone is reluctant to report any info. The only one reluctant is BL

If anything upping the reward to 100k will bring all the scammers out of the woodwork

7. Sarg

Sarg Active Member

Surely there is a lot that we don't know. They have to have some type of confirmation that he is in the reserve. I can't imagine all the money/time spent searching. Wish we knew what it is.

8. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I think there's still something going on...my gut is in knots and it doesn't usually do that.

9. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Charge his parents for that

Amateur opinion and speculation

10. Nanasteele

Nanasteele Well-Known Member

I do not think these officers were trained for domestic violence. Her arms had to be really red if we could see from the pic they were red like someone had ahold of them tight! He was so cool acting also! You could tell she was scared! So many signs.

11. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

That is quite a bit of help, though, if he really did help his son to that extent.

12. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

Here's a couple random questions that are probably common knowledge but I have missed:

1) Do we know what wireless company her cell phone was through (Verizon, T Mobile, etc.)?

2) Did she take her pictures and videos with her phone, or other device?

Marg from Oz and MadMcGoo like this.
  13. WizardQuest

WizardQuest Well-Known Member

Isn't it strange that the police officers that did the stop said something like: we could be judged someday by everybody that watches this video...

as if they kinda knew in their subconscious that something wasn't right...

anybody remember that?

14. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

I really hope so. There needs to be a resolution to this whole thing with BL missing.

15. Cryptic

Cryptic Well-Known Member

Good defense of the officers by the former police chief.

Some members of the public seem to be forgetting that crystal balls are not standard police issued equipment and that having perhaps a self centered, abrasive personality is not a criminal offense.

The suspect was said by a witness to have slapped his wife several times (parking lot witnesses to any number of things never exaggerate or spin things, or...... can they?).

I can imagine, however, that with say, no visible injuries and the actual victim saying she was ok and not wanting to make the incident a police matter, there was little the police could do.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  16. LWH

LWH Member

IDK - I think saying something like that ("crazy females") could elicit a response from the guy that would shed more light on the actual situation - which is what they were trying to sort out. Who was the aggressor; what was really going on between them, etc.

17. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

I hope not. Let the family and friends have that event all to themselves and to Gabby. JMHO.

18. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

hey are searching it so that they can move on to other things, they want to be certain that he Laundries cant say later on, we told yall he went in those woods and committed suicide and yall didnt even look so thats the reason for this search IMO , they want this rumor and this area off the docket for he future manhut!

19. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

They will be paying as soon as they start getting attorneys bills! Expensive!

20. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.