Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Brian has a burner phone that he keeps turned off most of the time, but when he does turn it on for any kind of update, LE can see that there is a cell phone in the middle of the park where there isn't supposed to be one.

I'm still sticking with my gut feel on this one. If he's in there, he is NOT alive.

They're in retrieval mode - either of evidence, or of BL's body.

We've been provided with reems of evidence on these threads from those who are an authority on survival and the type of conditions that a person would be facing in those swamps. The predators, the terrain (which is incredibly difficult to navigate), the temperatures and weather conditions. Nope. So much nope for him surviving that.

If BL is alive in there I'll eat my very British hat!

MOO

She also wouldn't heard a potentially deadly message that "they will think you're the crazy one, no one is going to help you, everyone will blame you." The look on her face when she was answering the cop's question about whether she intended to injure BL. The fear and sorrow. So hard to watch. :( MOO.
The GP moment that stood out to me was when the officer told her they were going to separate them for the night. She nodded and her expression changed. I want to say it looked like relief, but I'm not sure.

This is in the context of LE asking him about taking the keys to the van. He replies that his biggest fear is her leaving with the van with his phone inside. 14:05ish

So his biggest fear is that she would take off without him and with his phone... The very thing he was apparently doing to her on more than one occasion, although it was more likely a constant threat during that trip. imo

Unfortunately, it's not illegal to be an emotionally or psychologically abusive *advertiser censored**hole to your significant other.

I think if the police made an error that day, in was ultimately from this bias you mention, in Gabby's favor. The officers believed she was the suspect in a DV assault, which would mandate an arrest. They REALLY didn't want to take her to jail. I felt like the one officer was practically coaching her on how to answer so that they could consider it a mental health issue more than a DV. I wish they would have arrested her. It could have saved her life. :(

Couldn't agree more. I guess some sort of citation could have been given out instead of just asking them to separate....but LE did discuss at length and tried hard to make the right call. But if they wanted to stay together, nothing would have kept them apart. Young love.

Also Gabby did speak at length to a women officer/park...and Gabby told her she did not want to be separated from Brian, male officer said she does not have much choice:

44:30
Gabby Petito case: Full Utah bodycam video - YouTube

Last edited:
Brian Laundrie 'living in hell' if he's at Sarasota County's Carlton Reserve

If Laundrie is indeed in the woods, the chances anyone finds him alive are slim, Burrow said.

Burrow teaches people how to survive in the wild with nothing but a knife and has spent his life exploring well off the beaten path. He knows the dangers that lurk.

With heavy rain in recent days, starting a fire will be nearly impossible. It's also the wrong season for foraging edible plants, Burrow said.

He said Laundrie may be able to scavenge leftovers from a predator's kill. There also are freshwater clams and snails he could collect. Fishing is another possibility.

“People have been making a big deal of the alligators and the snakes,” Burrow said. “But it's dehydration that's the real danger.”

Even if he were able to get a fire started to boil water, recent rains will have made the drinking water full of tannins from local foliage. Tannins occur in the roots, wood, and bark of oak trees, and high concentrations can be harmful to humans, Burrow said.

“That can cause loose bowels,” he said. “Not a good thing when you are already dehydrated.”

Bobcats, gators and snakes
When it comes to animals, the area's bears and panthers are not likely to bother humans. But if Laundrie is injured or struggling, he will also have to deal with coyotes and bobcats.

“If you were injured or exhausted,” Burrow said, “they would eat you.”

On the other hand, if an alligator grabs Laundrie, there would likely be nothing left.

“They like to put a carcass under a log, and let it get all rotten,” he said. “Then the gator would eat you slowly.”

I just can’t see him being there. He is such a coward.

The feds filed a motion in the District of Wyoming for pre-trial detention (no bail) arguing that he is a flight risk and there is a risk for obstruction of justice if he is let out.

18 U.S. Code § 3142 - Release or detention of a defendant pending trial

One of the first documents filed was a request to seal. The arrest warrant was then filed on 9/22 under seal. The docket was not available to be viewed by the public while it was under seal. Then yesterday, the state requested the case be unsealed and the judge granted it. That made the whole docket public so we can see. That's why we were able to view the warrants and the request for detention - because it was unsealed.

So it is about what is already up there, not something new. (Unfortunately!)
There's a document called a "Motion for Detention Hearing" on the docket asking for it to happen after a three day continuance. Dated 9-22-2021.

What does this mean? Is this hearing just a formality? Thanks.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306.2.0.pdf

Unfortunately, it's not illegal to be an emotionally or psychologically abusive *advertiser censored**hole to your significant other.

True, but I was referring to the long-lasting emotional and psychological damage that results even from violence that, unfortunately, many would consider insignificant. Psychological scars run far deeper than physical ones.

So competing family quotes - one says investigators did it and one says coincidence - anyone care to tweet the reporter ?
Someone pointed out several threads ago when pictures of it first came out that it looked like it had rained since that cross was laid out. They pointed out the depth impressions, and how material had been washed up on one side higher than the other on some of the stones. I'm wondering if BL could have done it? I know it doesn't exactly seem like something we'd expect him to do though.

In the interview it was clear the neighbor knew the difference between the camper and van. And a camper is not a shell.

Okay I'm confused. Are they saying there was another camper there and not the van nor the camper shell? I guess I'm totally lost then.

If he has enough money, he need never surface again. He can live quite happily using a minimal of disguises in a place where people don't ask questions- any big city or remotely. Pay cash for everything.
Easiest thing in the world to do.

He could never get a job, use his social security number, stay at hotel, purchase an unused car, etc. That sounds like a tough life.

The GP moment that stood out to me was when the officer told her they were going to separate them for the night. She nodded and her expression changed. I want to say it looked like relief, but I'm not sure.
I saw that too, but I couldn't tell whether it was relief at not going to jail, or relief for a night apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks