Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE confirms that they are searching based on data. That they have received intelligence through search warrants and other data that directed them here and now they are doing their due diligence searching.

Discussing a chain of events which culminated in Gabby being dead is not "placing blame" on anyone other than who allegedly killed her. Actually no specific person is alleged by LE to have killed her, anyway. I think a major focus of attention should be the first 911 call that came in on the 12th reporting that Gabby was being slapped and hit by BL. There just is no excuse IMO that by the time they stopped him speeding and evading the law, they used a subsequent report to blame DV on her, when she was trying to stop theft of her phone and van. And ignored his reckless driving and evading the law.

So, this has to be examined from the ground up, what is the matter with their chain of reporting? Without blaming anyone for anything, but their office to field communication was terrible.

I am confused. I thought they were originally pulled over for reckless driving and the first officer is trying to get to the bottom of the reckless driving and why GP is crying. Then the second officer enters at about 3:30 and he is the one aware of the DV call. Can you clarify for me? Context is important, and I am trying to do annotations. Ty!

Is it just me or am I missing the point of continuing to search this swamp? If it's 75% just watery swamp, it's not conducive to BL hiding out in this type of condition.

He would be on dry land (imo) he's not a fish or water animal. Unless they are looking for a body possibly?

it’s possible he hasn’t been there the whole time or that he’s gone and come back and or up in the trees dead or alive…

The officer didn't exactly ignore him driving over the limit.

He actually asked sarcastically something like: Did she also press down on the pedal as she was grabbing the wheel?

- not exact words.

His first instincts were correct.
First instincts usually are. Keep in mind that she told them she was the one hitting him. Which happens a lot with abused women. They become codependent and fearful of being away from their partner because their abuser has brainwashed them to believe they will never find anyone better. It's really sad but I don't believe there would have been any other outcome unless she were to have left him completely. JMO

Good defense of the officers by the former police chief.

Some members of the public seem to be forgetting that crystal balls are not standard police issued equipment and that having perhaps a self centered, abrasive personality is not a criminal offense.

The suspect was said by a witness to have slapped his wife several times (parking lot witnesses to any number of things never exaggerate or spin things, or...... can they?).

I can imagine, however, that with say, no visible injuries and the actual victim saying she was ok and not wanting to make the incident a police matter, there was little the police could do.

She had visible marks and was distraught to a degree beyond reasonable for the situation of her being an abuser. She was falling over herself not only to take all responsibility for physical violence, but also to say that the whole dispute was her fault because she made him mad. Meanwhile, he was agitated, but basically calm, smirking at times, calling her "crazy," and taking no real responsibility for his actions.

As for the 911 caller, he called immediately, was specific about what happened, when, and a sequence of events (despite being talked over by the LE person throughout the call). That he approached LE, did it quickly while the situation was fresh, and was specific and without hesitation all supports a level of credibility and accuracy in his statement.

Discussing a chain of events which culminated in Gabby being dead is not "placing blame" on anyone other than who allegedly killed her. Actually no specific person is alleged by LE to have killed her, anyway. I think a major focus of attention should be the first 911 call that came in on the 12th reporting that Gabby was being slapped and hit by BL. There just is no excuse IMO that by the time they stopped him speeding and evading the law, they used a subsequent report to blame DV on her, when she was trying to stop theft of her phone and van. And ignored his reckless driving and evading the law.

So, this has to be examined from the ground up, what is the matter with their chain of reporting? Without blaming anyone for anything, but their office to field communication was terrible.

He was evading the law? I missed that part. Do you have a link?

In what way did the police use a "subsequent report to blame DV on her?" I thought they used her own words.

i feel kinda bad for the officers that did the store, thought they spent ample time with the couple and did the best they could do at the time with what they knew, i dont know what anyone expected of them, have you ever tried to keep a young girl away from their boyfriend?

At this point there is probably little to no chance that BL can contact his parent's without LE not knowing it's happening instantly. JMO

He has it would seem lost a major part of his support system. I do wonder if this is going to bring LE closer to a surrender by BL or if it's going to eliminate the possbility that he is still alive.

Just want to add I believe Gabby died the 27th after the incident at the restaurant when BL made a scene and was thrown out of the restaurant. He was likely enraged by it all and took it out on her. His abusive behaviors started long before this trip and it's heartbreaking to know it finally accumulated in the true monster coming out during this trip.

That could be from anything or anybody.
Sure. That's right. It could be, but it is right there in that location. I find it too coincidental that she was killed or left on top of someone else's "anything" or from "anybody," but hey. That's what I want opinions. Thanks!

Commander Joe Fussell on new search area for Brian.

"Agencies are issuing search warrants for data, whether it be social media or some other investigative means and then we do the search so we're not wasting our time out here.

We are doing our due diligence to find Brian in an area that intelligence has led us that he could possibly be in. And it's upon us to search this area as best as we can.

As massive as it is with the resources we have to try to find Brian
"

https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1441464571215155205?s=21

The officer didn't exactly ignore him driving over the limit.

He actually asked sarcastically something like: Did she also press down on the pedal as she was grabbing the wheel?

- not exact words.

His first instincts were correct.

wow, this just triggered an association I had not made before. During this police stop, BL’s instinct was to run. To flee the cops - GB was trying to force him to pull over. His instinct is to flee. Just like he has done now. No big deal, but just a lightbulb moment for me.

He was speeding and evading the law? I missed that part. Do you have a link?

In what way did the police use a "subsequent report to blame DV on her?" I thought they used her own words.

(80) Gabby Petito case: Full Utah bodycam video - YouTube
Prior to being pulled over, the officer is discussing that he is going 45 MPH in a 15 MPH zone and swerving to the point that he hit the curb, the officer is concerned he may be drunk driving if I am remembering correctly. MOO

I agree, and regardless of the outcome, additional training is needed. Just like the FAA tries to determine the causes and possible modifications when there is a plane crash, when there is an adverse outcome like this, we should expect there to be some investigation and a consideration of a revision of best practices.

We ask a lot of LE. It may be time to consider adding trained social workers to the mix in emergency responses to DV incidents. JMO.

BBM We do ask a lot of LE... protect us, save us, and understand us. I don't have the answers to fix the situation, but I agree learning and training is key. I hope funds will be spent in this endeavor.

Anyone know if FBI is still active in the swamp search? I would guess so, but there are a bunch of other agencies looking and even if FBI were to call off the search for FBI agents, the search would probably continue because the FL Gov said to pull out all the stops in FL. Was NPPD "intelligence" something they got from the FEDS, or something more local. No idea. jmo

I've had so much trouble keeping up! Gabby's thread is on fire.
I'm not trying to keep up sans new information. Just skipped the last two threads.

Awaiting BL's capture, charges for GP's death, or significant new information.

I'm amazed at the effort being put in to find Brian considering the charge/being a missing person. Impossible, but I wish this amount of effort was put into all missing persons or people with warrants. Really hope the parents didn't send LE on a wild goose chase.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the shifts in direction and push north in the searches today could be an effort to push him out. I am of the opinion, there has to be a strategy to the approach behind this.
I trust the best human minds, technology and resources are available to LE in this federal manhunt. Can you imagine all the strategic planning and coordination of Intel with the physical actors involved? I mean this is the FBI. This is serious. A lot of heavy hitters in these groups. Knives sharpen knives. They will find Brian. Dead or Alive…

On Sept. 15, PEOPLE spoke with her father, Joseph Petito, who said his daughter was "amazing." She's so artistic. She's an amazing artist. She loves to draw," he said. "She has a great eye with decorating … She's that flower child type of personality. The old soul, you know?" “If Woodstock was still going on, she'd still be there, man," her father added. "She's a hippie from the '60s, all right? She's a Beatles fan, round glasses … a free spirit."

Poor guy, it sound's like he is lost in the past. People Gabby's age barely know who the Beatle's are, and likely have never heard of Woodstock. Her murder must be so traumatizing for him. I pray the Lord will grant him peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74