Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
New theory: BL returned home after murdering GP, but concocted a story to tell his parents about a break-up and how she's headed back to live with her family. Sept. 10th (or 11th) rolls around, and there's the 'incident' at the L residence with GP's father. This upends the L family who previously believed BL's lies. <modsnip>

LOL just kidding, they're totally hiding him from law enforcement and know precisely where he is.

Sadly, police cant make arrests based on what might happen.

That's true. But they could have talked to BL 100% differently. Instead of sharing stories about emotional and difficult women, they could have given him some stern advice to not lay hands on her no matter what, to never end a fight with violence, which would have been appropriate given their ages. They treated BL like he knew what he was doing. Clearly he didn't.

*A question to those who theorize about BL snapping. When a person "snaps" - what exactly happens in their brain? I see a lot of theories here involving snapping. Is that just a euphemism for losing all control and becoming blind with rage? What would make that happen in a person's mind? It sounds like an indication he just couldn't control his emotions, which would be so ironic given that traffic stop and all the assumptions the police were making.

I don't think Gabby knew she was living the cycle of abuse in the Moab incident. It can take years for a victim to realize they are being psychologically abused. IMO, Gabby would have taken all the blame no matter what the officers did. She was in the phase where she truly thought she was over emotional and couldn't understand what was happening to her. IMO, the reactive abuse she displayed only confirmed her own thoughts that she was the bad one (of course that's not true.. just her frame of mind). Even if those officer's arrested him, she would have been there to get him out because she would have believed it was her fault he was there. I can't fault the officers in this situation.

Of course, all of this is MOO.

Just because he knew how to get into her phone doesn't in and of itself show that he was controlling. MOO.

yes, it does. MOO

I’ve just spotted something on the body cam footage to help support evidence Brian was controlling her phone. The police officer that was talking to gabby comes over to Brian to ask him where her phone is. - If Gabby knew why would they need to ask Brian.

He then tells the officer that its in a spot whilst gesturing with his hand in a way that looks like he’s showing it’s tucked in somewhere. - what 22 year old doesn’t have their phone on them in a pocket or shoved into their bra.

When he gets her phone out of the car (an iPhone with FaceID) he UNLOCKS the phone with his face and gives it to the officer. - If Gabby had a way into her phone he would not need to unlock it for her! This is at 42 minutes in. He looks at the phone and swipes up.

Damn, nice catch. Could it program to two faces? Or just one his?
If so that is way too controlling and she didn't own/have her own phone to use in case of emergencies!

Are the iPhones able to be set up to recognize more than one face to unlock? It was her phone so it should have been set up to unlock with her face. If it can only be one face then he has taken control of her access to to her phone. She could only use her phone with his consent and cooperation.
Who knows if it could be unlocked with more than one face? I don’t know.

You don’t have to use the face recognition option. I don’t use it on my iPhone. I used the fingerprint option several years ago but only for a few days because it’s a pain. I use a password but you don’t even have to do that. If Gabby used a password he probably knew what it was.

moo

From the timeline:

"Investigators left a cross made from rocks at the site where Gabby's body was found."

I thought Gabby's stepfather did this. Maybe it was him along with the investigators?

From the timeline:

"Investigators left a cross made from rocks at the site where Gabby's body was found."

I thought Gabby's stepfather did this. Maybe it was him along with the investigators?

The timeline on the first page of these threads is not correct, and continues to be posted incorrectly. This is because MSM first stated that the first stone cross was left by investigators. Later, this was corrected to say that nobody knows who created the first stone cross, but a second one was erected by GP's father.

Are the iPhones able to be set up to recognize more than one face to unlock? It was her phone so it should have been set up to unlock with her face. If it can only be one face then he has taken control of her access to to her phone. She could only use her phone with his consent and cooperation.
Who knows if it could be unlocked with more than one face? I don’t know.

Yes, that can be done. iPhones permit "alternate views" of a face for unlocking, IOW, another face.

Set up Face ID on iPhone

he feels the need to point out to LE that he’s turning down the bottled water LE offers him because bisphenol, blah blah blah (source: body cam); but a convenience store clerk separately pegs the two as having stopped in to buy ‘bottled water, donuts and instant noodles’.

he makes a big deal out of using melon rinds as bowls (source is, I believe, Gabby’s videos); but many people (civilians) have said in the interim, that these melon rinds are not in fact biodegradable (someone said they use them as hog slop and even the hogs won’t eat the shiny green part); but Brian is a-ok with letting them ‘go back to nature’ as compost, when he should be ‘packing them out’.

this to me suggests at least that he has given no real thought to his stances on the environment, and I knew enough people like that in my time at college to know they haven’t actually tried to think through anything, and just parrot someone else’s party line. There may be more.
Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members