Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandala

Mandala Active Member

Been reading these threads daily but can’t read all of them. The full dash cam video was scary to watch. So much more was going on in that relationship and I was angry that those cops treated BL like a buddy, laughing and joking with him and treated GP like crap. Who lets an extremely distraught 22 year old girl loose into the wilderness and puts the man up in a hotel?! This is how DV gets missed and so many end up dead. IMO they got into another fight and BL lost it and accidentally killed her. Then he panicked, told his parents and they helped him run away and hide. I believe he’s alive but won’t manage out there hiding for long and will either be found or eventually turn himself in. I hope I’m not wrong and the truth of what happened comes out.

Trooper, LRinCA, Cindizzi and 17 others like this.

2. Jennihenny

Jennihenny Active Member

He didn’t love GP. He abused her and loved the power and control he had over a 110 pound girl. He didn’t truly love her because instead of calling 911 as soon as he got signal, he decided to take a hike (sarcastically) then come back to the van because he probably either changed his mind or got freaked out that he almost got lost. This is all MOO.

La Louve, Trooper, dogmom805 and 20 others like this.
  3. Cecelia

Cecelia Well-Known Member

Yup. It's a federal case. Which they could clue in on by the fact that the FBI is involved.

B4igo2it, dacjess, TRB and 7 others like this.
  4. QuidProQuo

QuidProQuo Member

I think you can make a lot of inferences based on what we're not seeing in the Carlton Reserve search. I've not seen any presence by the FBI at the park (organizing/managing overall efforts).

I believe if the FBI truly felt he was in the the reserve, we would have seen the park cordoned off at access roads, a more formalized grid search, increasing resources & personnel with each passing day.

<modsnip - please include links for quotes from MSM>

JMO

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2021
  5. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

He could have left his phone behind while having several burners. Not using credit or debit cards, is another way to avoid detection. I think I was told once that lawyers don’t want you to confess your crime or crimes to them. I don’t think lawyers are supposed to encourage illegal behavior or know about a future crime or a continuing one. If parents communicate with their fugitive son that might be covered by privilege if he knows. He can have suspicions a lot of things or give hypothetical advice to his clients. It’s his job to create reasonable doubt.

6. KAE

KAE Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  7. Parsnip

Parsnip Well-Known Member

I think the time to negotiate would have been while GP was still missing and it would have been in exchange for information about her whereabouts. Given the timing of the hiring of the lawyer, that lawyer’s advice that they remain in the background, and the lawyer’s particular verbiage (“difficult time for both families”, Hoping GP is “found” and “reunited” with her family, IMO, the lawyer, BL, and likely his parents all knew she was dead and would be recovered without their assistance.

8. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

Self defense could absolutely come into play in a murder conviction. Good luck convincing them jurors that GP made you fear for your life though.

9. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

Yes, there were places one could walk in and get a passport in one day. My family has done that. No idea if one still can

MOO, doubt he did. Very much. I think he’s near home, at a close friend or relatives’s place , mingling with the homeless. If he’s going to leave country, don’t need ID to get into Mexico

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2021
  10. Periwinkl3

Periwinkl3 Well-Known Member

The case has connections to Florida, New York, and Wyoming/Utah/national parks, so it interests people across the country, as well as multiple social media platforms. Privacy is gone, everything is shareable. No holds are barred any more. Add the young love goes horribly wrong and it was bound to explode. It'll reverberate for years.

11. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

SEP 25, 2021
    Gabby Petito: The search for Brian Laundrie in a swampy Florida nature reserve enters its second week - CNN
    [...]

"We're looking through wooded areas, we're looking through bodies of water, we're looking through swampy areas," North Point Police Commander Joe Fussell said in a video shared online Friday. "And we're deploying the resources to be able to do that. We have air units, we have drones, we have the swamp buggies, air boats, multiple law enforcement agencies, we have ATVs, we have UTVs and we have officers on foot as well."

[...]

The conditions are challenging with murky water, muddy roads and thick vegetation, according to videos shared by North Port police. "Rough is an understatement," Taylor said Thursday of the conditions in the reserve.
    He said Saturday's and Sunday's efforts will be focusing on "areas of more likelihood."

[...]

Sunny123, B4igo2it, Mistree and 5 others like this.
  12. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

NM, that link was a hot mess :eek::eek::eek:

13. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

That might be the case if you need an urgent passport for like life threatening emergencies or something, but it’s not easy to prove (or guaranteed to be accommodated!) when you request an appointment for same day processing. We just submitted expedited passport apps yesterday and we’ll be lucky if they are back in 6 weeks. They told us it could be 8-12. For expedited!

B4igo2it, TRB, angelainwi and 6 others like this.
  14. jamicat

Searching in there is nearly futile and horrible grueling work. Throw in the fact that he might not be there and that a lot of LE firmly believe he is not, makes this search even more difficult.

15. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

For balance and perspective... While I'm sure there are loads of folks all over that find this fascinating, note that the newspaper in New York State's second largest city (Buffalo) - and a border city, too - says not a word about it as a featured story. If it was of high interest in Buffalo & Western New York, it'd be featured, trust me. ( buffalonews.com | Read the latest Buffalo, NY, and Erie County news from the Buffalo News. Get headlines on local weather, entertainment, and events. ) Same is true for Rochester New York ( Democrat and Chronicle - Rochester news, sports, things to do in Rochester NY )

Newsjunkiejen and Marg from Oz like this.
  16. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

Yup :rolleyes:

Makes me appreciate @Alethea so much!!! We have a federal defence attorney right here, reading, sharing thoughts and providing expert legal interpretation. OMG!!!!

Maybe somebody needs to let the media know who they should be "following" for the best, accurate understanding of federal law.

Just can't thank you enough @Alethea !!!

Moo...and I'm sure a lot more on the thread♡♡♡

17. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

Regarding the Labor Day trip. . .Can anyone out there tell me if the family had a history of going camping? It it to me not something one does on a whim..preparation, food, mapping the place you will stay, open site to put camper. It seems odd. JMO.

18. justbeachy

justbeachy Well-Known Member

There is a passport agency in Miami but I highly doubt he got an emergency passport. There are only 2 reasons he could get one (life or death emergency and urgent travel) and both require proof.

Passport Agencies

IMO

La Louve, SuperTmo and NCWatcher like this.
  19. jamicat

True. Same here. As of pre Covid restrictions, it was possible. I went through process with family members s number of times. You walk in, stand in line, give your app and info , leave for several hours and return to pick up new passport. There is a surcharge involved. There was a place in Manhattan and one in Connecticut that offered the service.

Marg from Oz likes this.
  20. FLmom777

FLmom777 Well-Known Member

His current charges include felony charges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.