Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SandSage

SandSage Well-Known Member

Deleted by me: earlier link, not relevant.

I do not doubt you at all. With virus restrictions however, in my area at least, "in person" anything is shut down. I would factor that in at this time if the offices they would have gone to have restrictions in place.

2. elmomom

elmomom Well-Known Member

TRB, Marg from Oz, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  3. ChuckInHouston

ChuckInHouston Well-Known Member

I agree. No camping trip. Just because they have a camper on their truck does not mean they went camping. Also, I would think if he were in a public area, someone would have recalled and come forward by now. Of course LE could easily track them some of the way with transtar, or the likes. Camera's everywhere. In my opinion, the parents loaded up and took him somewhere to hide out while they consult with an attorney. Not that there is anything they could do to avoid the inevitable. I believe they will find him close to home. LE knows way more than they are telling right now. They will not tip their hand. I'm sure they are looking at financial records, purchases, street cameras, family and friends, etc. I don't believe he is as skilled at survival as everyone seems to be giving him credit for. It was his shtick. His SM persona. Everyone his age has one. Taking pictures like rock stars, but that is not the reality.
    Drive somewhere, get out take some pictures, go back to the tent for the night, then off the the restaurant or hotel. He's not a survivalist. What ever the case, from the little I've gathered, he's probably pretty soft, as men go. My bet is they find him at a pay by the week hotel that someone else paid for, or a boat shed, or vacant house, or similar. Maybe even being harbored by a family member, but less likely. I doubt he has exited the country. They could track his passport. Would have already been shots of him on the news in an airport.

4. NCWatcher

NCWatcher Well-Known Member

Well, 9/11 was 20 years ago... Lots of things have probably changed although I think more changes would affect those trying to come into the US vs those wanting to go out. But staff numbers may be concentrated differently because of 9/11.
    JMO

5. RabidDogISC

RabidDogISC Well-Known Member

6. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

I do agree with you!!

Marg from Oz and ThoughtFox like this.
  7. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

Just to throw a twist at this - there’s also the passport card which you can get much more quickly. I don’t think BL did. If he left the country IMO he did so illegally.

8. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

I'm guessing so, since they own a camper.

But, the timing is sure odd.

Marg from Oz and Eli9 like this.
  9. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

If he did own a passport it wouldn't be any help to him ~ I don't think he would find it efficient in helping him hide or escape with 'Brian Christopher Laundrie' blazed all over it.

10. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

I still maintain that the scratches seen on BL were caused by a previous choking of Gabby. Facial and hand/arm scratches are telltale hallmarks of being choked.

11. Trebor5591

Trebor5591 Well-Known Member

yeah? What are the current charges? Last I heard it was unauthorized use of a debit card.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    Marg from Oz likes this.
  12. jamicat

He took off . He left irresponsibly without wallet or cell, causing parents to file endangered missing person report triggering this massive, punishing , expensive manhunt. I absolutely would consider him a flight risk.

Slamalam, dkryder, wary and 2 others like this.
  13. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

IMO i find it interesting too that he had a lawyer on September 14th and issued a statement.
    Gabby Petito's boyfriend issues statement over her disappearance

B4igo2it, lastkiss, derpderpy and 3 others like this.
  14. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

I don’t understand, the original said it was in effect until Oct ? Something, I can’t remember, seems like it was the 2nd. There’s a new one over Panama City, FL to go in effect Sept 28, don’t know what that’s about
    1/3030 NOTAM Details
    1/3030 NOTAM Image

B4igo2it, TRB, Marg from Oz and 4 others like this.
  15. Trebor5591

Trebor5591 Well-Known Member

It was no accident, IMO

16. jamicat

Question here: how did FBI get involved, why was this a federal case as soon as the Laundries filed the missing persons report? Gabby’s body was not yet found. No charges were filed against him. Or am I mistaking the timeline here?

Marg from Oz, TL4S, GRT and 3 others like this.
  17. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Long Island native's music video holds new meaning after death of Gabby Petito

A music video made years ago featuring a then 14-year-old Gabby Petito shared a profound message -- one that now holds different meaning following her death.

The video was made after the Sandy Hook shooting and was titled 'Irreplaceable.' Petito and her two younger brothers were in the video with her holding a sign that says she's irreplaceable.

More, including video, at the link :(

jash, lastkiss, I wonder and 26 others like this.
  18. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

I was wondering something. The reserve is -- what? -- 15 minutes from the Laundrie house? If so, why would an avid barefoot hiker need to drive the car over there to hike? And why would he need his parents to leave it there so he can have a ride home? Am I mistaken that the park is that close to their house?

19. grammieto5

grammieto5 Well-Known Member

So I've been wondering about the Carlton Reserve being searched. Are there people hiking and camping there while it's being searched? Is there a fee to camp and hike there?

B4igo2it, Marg from Oz, GRT and 2 others like this.
  20. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

Trooper, MassGuy, Kapua and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.