Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure this was on federal land? The border of the forest is just on the north side of Spread Creek. If by chance Gabby was killed just south of that border, i am not sure how they would go about this
It’s definitely a Federal case filed by FBI Denver which has jurisdiction over Wyoming.

https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1441155529393389568?s=21
On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito.

It’s definitely a Federal case filed by FBI Denver which has jurisdiction over Wyoming.

https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1441155529393389568?s=21
On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito.
I understand that part, I was just referencing the location of where Gabby was found and the location of the border, regarding the crime of murder or whatever

Zoom in on the aerial maps and you'll see that the border of Bridger Teton National Forrest is on the north side of Spread Creek, Was more curious to see what anybody else thought about that if anyone has even noticed that

National parks are different than national forest. They are managed differently, usually have different rules. You can hunt in Bridger Teton, you can't fire a gun in national parks.

Forest are managed for their resources and not preserved. Timber, recreation, and grazing are examples. I saw cattle grazing in the creek area in a couple of news coverages.

He’s said “kill yourself” to BL on at least a couple of visits to her show this week—2 separate occasions that I’ve seen. As I say, I’m not concerned about BL per se, but I think this is very weird thing to do in a bunch of ways, not the least of which is it could deny the family any justice or closure. I can’t imagine he is speaking for them when he says this.

I’d be interested to see your take on the clip! The host did seem to cut him off, but that could have been just due to time limits, as he definitely got to say a LOT of things on his mind!!

Wow, I just watched the clip and I'm surprised he was allowed to say all that. I'd say from Gabby's family's perspective, they probably have a lot of questions they would like BL to answer. They probably also want the opportunity to tell him how he impacted their lives and what he did to their family. From that perspective I don't think they want BL to kill himself. I kind of also doubt BL is watching TV, at least not a show like that. I will refrain from giving my opinion on JW and what he said other than to say I find him hard to watch. The host of the show also looked pained to hear all that.

Thanks for that heads up.. I appreciate it. Now I wonder if he planned to kill her in a National Park, on Federal land for that reason.. less prison time. !! would I be right in assuming then that any sentence he served ( assuming he declines to follow Walsh advice ) would be in a Federal Prison, like Leavenworth, say??
I don't think he planned to kill her at all. He was just a common garden variety, woman basher and this time his usual beating went too far.

Might be a dumb question, but... Are tree tents something hikers use? I always thought they were just for hunting (unless I am confusing tree tents and tree stands).

Clearly I am not a hunter or hiker. :confused:
I camp at the Hilton, so I feel ya! Now I have to see what these tree tents are. The things you learn from Websleuths... o_O

This was really upsetting to me tonight. I’ve always loved watching him, but I don’t agree that we should be encouraging ANYONE to die by suicide. I tried to watch that clip with my fiancé and we both couldn’t stand it. He barely showed BL on his show last night and he sat and pat himself on the back about it and then encouraged a suicide. I don’t think I’ll be supporting his show anymore.
MOO

I haven’t watched his shows for a long time but I don’t recall hearing him say anything like that in the past. This case must have really triggered him, any yes, that statement and a few others that he made went a bit far professionally. Think it John, don’t say it on air.

jmo

I live about an hour north of the search area and have visited the state park in the winter. I can't imagine anyone spending any length of time there in the summer. If he's there, he's dead in my opinion. He seems to be somewhat implusive, so suicide is on the table. I'm just so struck by his parents demeanor and behavior through all this tumult. They don't seem to be grieving for anyone. Happy go lucky after he returns home in the van alone, bike rides, camping trips like nothing is amiss. Now they just seem peeved about all the media attention. Keeping up appearances. That family has alot of secrets. JMO

Maybe they are a really unhappy group of people and he was very hard to live with. Perhaps they don’t like him much and just are happy he’s gone. Maybe they helped him escape and hope he doesn’t come back. We all theorized that they helped him out of an immense love but perhaps they just don’t like him, but felt guilty turning him in so they helped him bug off, and don’t care what happens to him at this point. Unlikely, I know, but none of their apparent guidance has been helpful for him in terms of mitigating his consequences, so maybe they helped him dig this hole for himself on purpose. Haha again unlikely I’m sure but my brain is tired.

ADMIN NOTE:

Any further attempts by members to compare the individual wanted in the Pooler incident to Brian Laundrie will be removed and members discussing it will receive a 1 week TO.

LE may have said the individual in the Pooler incident is NOT Brian Laundrie because ?? ...

This man is Brian Laundrie’s evil twin or a doppleganger

The police have nothing else or better to do than lie to the public

The police have engaged in a disinformation campaign for some reason

or quite possibly

The police have been able to verify that the indivdiual in the Pooler image is not Brian Laundrie, in which case he is a random individual who is wanted for fraud but who has no known connection to this case.

If members want to hash that out in private discussion, that’s fine, but don’t bring that discussion back on the public thread.

Thank you.

MOD NOTE:

The controversy over John Walsh’s statement to Ashley Banfield last night that BL should commit suicide is OFF TOPIC for this thread. You may discuss the rest of his comments, but we are not going to have Gabby’s thread veer off into a debate about JW. Period.

You know the drill. Ignoring these Mod Notes and warnings is itself a violation of TOS and will have consequences.

THANKS and HAPPY SATURDAY
Thread is now OPEN.
Everyone please do your best to be kind.

Last edited:
Amended Arrest Warrant:
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306.9.0.pdf

Docket for United States v. Laundrie, 0:21-cr-00113 - CourtListener.com

eta:
Harrowing Gabby crime scene pics from camp where body found are revealed

Although attention has turned to his parents, they may never be charged with a crime due to a Florida law that largely shields relatives from being named accessories from an otherwise felony offense of assisting someone with evading arrest, trial, or other punishment after committing a crime.

“There are a lot of people who think that parents’ obligation to children comes first,” Alan Dershowitz, Harvard law professor told Fox News when describing similar statutes across the country.

“For example, a woman or a man have a right not to testify against their spouse,” Dershowitz said. “Now generally, that doesn’t apply to mother and child or father and child, but there are some people who think it should.”
Florida law may be helping Brian Laundrie and his parents

Gabby Petito slaying: Florida lawyer, a mom of two, puts $20G bounty on Brian Laundrie

Social Media sleuths help unravel Petito case

Last edited:
Have not been keeping up with the thread so wondering if this article has already been posted and/or, if so - is it okay to post now?
Did Gabby Petito's missing fiance escape to Toronto? | Toronto Sun
''Did Gabby Petito's missing fiance escape to Toronto?
Flight attendant posts photo taken outside unidentified Toronto hotel
Sep 24, 2021
brian-laundrie-46-e1632492761507.jpg

A screengrab from a TikTok video shows Brian Laundrie, left, and a lookalike spotted in Toronto. Photo by CWLYNN /TIKTOK
''A photo posted by a flight attendant of a man outside a Toronto hotel looks chillingly like the fiance of murdered YouTuber Gabby Petito.''

"According to the tabloid, the woman, who uses the handle @cwlynn, took to TikTok and said she saw the man Monday.

He then got into a car and drove away with another man and woman.

The flight attendant shared the snapshot of the balding man who was sporting a lot of facial hair and wore a mask around his chin. The sharp-eyed woman then told staff at the unidentified hotel.''

Possible Brian Laundrie Sighting at Hotel in Canada, TikToker Captures Image

Noreen Gibbons traveled from Oregon to be with Petito’s loved ones.

Gibbons and Petito’s late grandmother were best friends, and she was like a second grandma to Petito.

Her home was supposed to be the couple’s final stop on their trip. Instead Gibbons is left heartbroken.

“She has captured everyone’s hearts,” said Gibbons.

“I loved her. She was like the bright shiny star, now she is a star,” said Gibbons.

Petito will be laid to rest Sunday, about 4 miles away from Blue Point in Holbrook.
Long Island residents shine lights in honor of Gabby Petito | WFLA

“It's proper if they determine that it's only a mental health situation because now officers are being trained, because people get shot, [to] handle mental health situations differently than they handle regular cases," Susanne Gustin, a Salt Lake City-based defense attorney, told Fox News Friday. "You want to de-escalate. You don't want to necessarily arrest somebody who was having a mental health episode."

Under Utah law, police are required to either arrest the suspect or issue a citation in a domestic violence situation. They have no discretion in the matter, she said.

The statute’s clear because it says ‘shall,’" Gustin said. "And that’s very important because when it says ‘shall’ in a statute, it means they have to do it."
Gabby Petito homicide: Utah officers may not have had all information responding to Moab incident, experts say

I understand that part, I was just referencing the location of where Gabby was found and the location of the border, regarding the crime of murder or whatever
Based on the map provided by the FBI, the Bridger-Teton national forest borders the GTNP in the area they were searching. So I think whether it’s national park or national forest, it’s a federal case no matter what.

Attachments

• BE1E6297-3478-471C-9A8F-F5EE2E2F2929.jpeg
    BE1E6297-3478-471C-9A8F-F5EE2E2F2929.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for that heads up.. I appreciate it. Now I wonder if he planned to kill her in a National Park, on Federal land for that reason.. less prison time. !! would I be right in assuming then that any sentence he served ( assuming he declines to follow Walsh advice ) would be in a Federal Prison, like Leavenworth, say??
I don’t see this as a premediated murder. I think he is classic a$$ who beat women up.y bet is he lost is temper and killer her where he did because that’s simply where they were at the moment.

I am late but want to add: he's relatively new to Florida. So he's not as familiar with this reserve as some might say. I know this land, I'm 45 and...well, see my name.

I'd love to know why they think he'd be there.

Sounds like an odd scenario to me. Do you have any (remotely) similar examples where this has happened? What was the jurisdiction? Federal or state? Which state?

What kind of federal plea deal would this be, that would result in such a mild sentence? Truly curious if you can cite a single similar case. IANAL, but I do study legal history and am curious. Anyone else? Can anyone think of some? (There must be a few, somewhere...I'm just curious what the factual matters were behind those cases).

I've heard that federal crimes often carry harsher punishments. For example, this woman used her deceased mother's credit card for over $8K in purchases and received 24 months probation.

If it was determined that GP's death was accidental--or prosecutors just didn't have evidence to convict of murder--I wonder what kind of sentence they would hand down on the fraud charges?

My bigger question is WHERE did BL use the card? Did he use it on federal land? If he took off in the van and then--down the road--realized her purse was still tucked under the seat where she kept it and took out the credit card and used it (after he was off federal land), would it still qualify as a federal crime?

Have not been keeping up with the thread so wondering if this article has already been posted and/or, if so - is it okay to post now?
Did Gabby Petito's missing fiance escape to Toronto? | Toronto Sun
''Did Gabby Petito's missing fiance escape to Toronto?
Flight attendant posts photo taken outside unidentified Toronto hotel
Sep 24, 2021
brian-laundrie-46-e1632492761507.jpg

A screengrab from a TikTok video shows Brian Laundrie, left, and a lookalike spotted in Toronto. Photo by CWLYNN /TIKTOK
''A photo posted by a flight attendant of a man outside a Toronto hotel looks chillingly like the fiance of murdered YouTuber Gabby Petito.''

"According to the tabloid, the woman, who uses the handle @cwlynn, took to TikTok and said she saw the man Monday.

He then got into a car and drove away with another man and woman.

The flight attendant shared the snapshot of the balding man who was sporting a lot of facial hair and wore a mask around his chin. The sharp-eyed woman then told staff at the unidentified hotel.''

Possible Brian Laundrie Sighting at Hotel in Canada, TikToker Captures Image
Whoa! I do know vax is required in Canada but it's entirely easy to fudge such documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie