Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering why the Moloney Family Funeral Home is listing Gabby's date of death as September 19, 2021. We know that's not accurate. But what could be the significance of that date that they use it this way? (In two separate occasions.)
https://www.moloneyfh.com/obituary/?first-name=&last-name=Petito&obit-search=true
It has to do with the date of discovery and date of ID.
This is a short version of a long story...
My brother was last heard from in April 2018. His body was discovered in July of that year (They think he died around the same time he was last heard from) and remained unidentified until a positive DNA test came back in October. His date of death on his death certificate was October 8, 2018.

how many times have we seen the murderer (if that’s what he is, not saying he is!) go to the scene to try and help or insert themselves? (coughJODIcough) so it may be what they’re doing. But at the same time since they want this all about Gabby.. he’d have some big.. ya know what’s.. if he showed up
That only happens when the person is not a suspected killer.

Gabby Petito Case Update: Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Is Alive, Shares Possible Location (ibtimes.com)
[...]

“He is out in the wilderness, I promise you,” Rose Davis, 21, who identifies as Petito’s best friend, told People. “He’s out there. He is. If he’s alive, he’s out there, camping out...he lived in the Appalachians by himself for months.”

Davis’ comments come after a former co-worker of Laundrie’s spoke out to share that he had previously bragged about his ability to survive on barely anything while camping out.

“In conversation about hiking...Brian talked about the longest time that he spent in the woods was 6 weeks and bragged about only having a large pack of either cheese or peanut butter crackers to sustain him for that time,” the co-worker said. “He is well versed in spending a long time in the woods and living off nearly nothing.”

[...]

Ha. My personal view is that he was a fantasy backpacker who never did any of that stuff.

That quote didn't age, why the heck did make that claim?
LE trusted the parents and the attorney. Had they reported him missing when he first went missing they may have found him, but the parents didn't and were less than forthcoming when they did call LE about him. If they get away with this then this is a signal of how to react when a loved one is involved in a crime. Terrible precedence, imo

To semi-quote Gabby, "Wasnt_Me never goes outside!" I have never slept in a tent. NEVER slept outside of walls, and I never want to. I can't remember if I ever slept in a car overnight. I don't think so.

In one video...Gabby is in the tent and its raining...and she is touching the inside wall of the tent... I was thinking that was something you didn't do at least in the old days of tenting. I was thinking about her van and if they slept inside often.. She is small..in my van days I remember putting a clothes basket between the front seat and I slept across the front sometimes.

Accuweather had listed 8/27 low was 39 degrees and the low of 33 degrees on 8/28 at teton village.

So I checked on the water temp. and data just shows its averages 60 degrees in August and 40 degrees in September. I looked at spread creek and thought Well it's just was ankle deep but there appears to be a deep area or creek that you had to cross over to get to area when GP was found... it would not be comfortable crossing the water if its in the 30's those nights or run for help that way?? JMO

Edited to add link to data USGS Current Conditions for USGS 13012475 South Fork Spread Cr at mouth, nr Moran, WY

Last edited:
@Barbie619 wrote:

"...When I went to the NYC passport office I received my blue passport that same day. It wasn't for an emergency reason, life or death reason, it was a available service without an appointment, a walk in I guess you could call it."

But the NYC office does not use NYC rules. It is a US Passport Agency. Not all states have those as they aren't state offices. According to Passport Agencies

These offices now handle ONLY emergency or urgent travel requests. Appointments are required. Maybe it wasn't always that way but it is now according to the federal government.

"Our passport agencies and centers offer two types of appointments: Life-or-Death Emergency Service and Urgent Travel Service. You must call us to make one of these appointments. Follow the steps on how to apply on each agency and center webpage."

Urgent travel means the applicant has to prove with travel documents that he/she will travel internationally within 3 days. Life or death is dying relatives, funerals, etc. Documentation is required for that too. Appointments are required.

It seems highly unlikely BL did any of that. The only passport agency/center in Florida is in Miami.

SEP 25, 2021
Brian Laundrie sleuths think he has a burner phone after spotting 'changes to his Spotify and Instagram' (the-sun.com)
[...]

Since Laundrie's disappearance, sleuths have closely monitored his social media pages, claiming the 23-year-old fugitive has unfollowed several people on Instagram.

Another wild conspiracy tossed around is that Laundrie may be hiding on a boat to evade police after claims circulated on Twitter that he went live on Instagram for a matter of seconds on Monday.

[...]

Afterward, internet users fascinated by the case insist they have proof that Laundrie allegedly created a Spotify playlist called 'Selfconsomption' shortly after Gabby Petito vanished.

Online sleuths then allege that the playlist's name had changed to 'Nomatic Statik' - the name of the travel YouTube channel that Laundrie, 23, and Gabby, 22, created.

[...]

Yes, I agree with you.
I assume the FBI should know this info. But sometimes things aren't as logical as they should be.
The search in the Preserve may be for evidence NOT BL. But otherwise, I agree with you. The FBI should have access to that info.

I don't believe this is what he did he either already had one or crossed the border illegally.

Most definitely agree. If they had proof he left the country, it would be a completely different manhunt. It would become a international manhunt, starting in the country he fled to.

This guy doesn't seem like a world traveler, I mean he was doing this vanlife thing traveling the United States. He is what I call a dude, like surfer dude type.

In addition, he might be almost 24 years old in age, he is far too immature and dependent on people to survive outside of his comfort zone. He's never lived on his own, Gabby was probably his first girlfriend and she seems to have been the nurturing type, so she took care of him where his parents left off.

And how long it takes to officially report it. My sister was here in home hospice and I was asleep when she passed away but I woke up around 11pm. and called the hospice then had to wait til someone arrived to officially declare and report her death.....they did not do that until after midnight, so they declared her death as Dec. 1, but she died on Nov. 30. I hate to remember that, but it's stuck in my brain. JMO
I'm sorry for your loss. On hospice care i know that the loved one can be pronounced by a nurse/EMS etc. Hospice listed for my mom the time when I saw her last breath. I am not sure why that was not done, I would say was then the person who officially pronounced her at that time for your sister put the time she did it. . . it would stick in my brain too. As someone who has had to sign death certificates in my role as nurse practitioner I am glad that you raised this, as it makes me more aware of how this can affect the kin.

It has to do with the date of discovery and date of ID.
This is a short version of a long story...
My brother was last heard from in April 2018. His body was discovered in July of that year (They think he died around the same time he was last heard from) and remained unidentified until a positive DNA test came back in October. His date of death on his death certificate was October 8, 2018.
First of all I'm sorry for your loss and the circumstances around your brothers death.

I think if the coroner in those cases cannot identify precisely when someone has died they use the date of positive ID.

SEP 25, 2021
Brian Laundrie sleuths think he has a burner phone after spotting 'changes to his Spotify and Instagram' (the-sun.com)
[...]

Since Laundrie's disappearance, sleuths have closely monitored his social media pages, claiming the 23-year-old fugitive has unfollowed several people on Instagram.

Another wild conspiracy tossed around is that Laundrie may be hiding on a boat to evade police after claims circulated on Twitter that he went live on Instagram for a matter of seconds on Monday.

[...]

Afterward, internet users fascinated by the case insist they have proof that Laundrie allegedly created a Spotify playlist called 'Selfconsomption' shortly after Gabby Petito vanished.

Online sleuths then allege that the playlist's name had changed to 'Nomatic Statik' - the name of the travel YouTube channel that Laundrie, 23, and Gabby, 22, created.

[...]
All of these ‘changes’ are explainable. People blocking him on Instagram = the # ppl he follows goes down. When people report a playlist on Spotify, the name/cover art of the playlist is removed. The Instagram “live” video was likely from a fake account (there have been many, the most obvious is one with two underscores __ vs one underscore _ at the end of his username, so people don’t notice it).
I firmly believe he *could* have a phone and be monitoring the case. But he would NOT be using his own social media accounts to do so! These specific claims have been debunked.

Library's have free internet. . .no trace left really that i can see if you just want to google something?

MOO

I’d feel a trace inhibited googling ANYTHING with a FBI agent peeking over my shoulder.

My guess is that they had an appointment in Orlando, arrived early, and popped into the library to take advantage of a place with restrooms, air conditioning, and an atmosphere where people will get in trouble for yelling questions at them.

Then, after a half hour, they went on to their appointment nearby.

All MOO

I'm sorry for your loss. On hospice care i know that the loved one can be pronounced by a nurse/EMS etc. Hospice listed for my mom the time when I saw her last breath. I am not sure why that was not done, I would say was then the person who officially pronounced her at that time for your sister put the time she did it. . . it would stick in my brain too. As someone who has had to sign death certificates in my role as nurse practitioner I am glad that you raised this, as it makes me more aware of how this can affect the kin.
Thank you!!! I've adjusted, but it seriously haunted me for six years every minute of the day. Now it is just a sad memory. JMO

Gabby Petito Case Update: Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Is Alive, Shares Possible Location (ibtimes.com)
[...]

“He is out in the wilderness, I promise you,” Rose Davis, 21, who identifies as Petito’s best friend, told People. “He’s out there. He is. If he’s alive, he’s out there, camping out...he lived in the Appalachians by himself for months.”

Davis’ comments come after a former co-worker of Laundrie’s spoke out to share that he had previously bragged about his ability to survive on barely anything while camping out.

“In conversation about hiking...Brian talked about the longest time that he spent in the woods was 6 weeks and bragged about only having a large pack of either cheese or peanut butter crackers to sustain him for that time,” the co-worker said. “He is well versed in spending a long time in the woods and living off nearly nothing.”

[...]
I don't buy the peanut butter cheese cracker deal. . .I just don't feel it IMO. Also I thought Rose and GB had met on an app. was she actually BFF's when the AT excursion occurred or did he just say that. Because I think he tends to say a lot of things. . . that maybe aren't so true. JMO.

Thank you!!! I've adjusted, but it seriously haunted me for six years every minute of the day. Now it is just a sad memory. JMO oops sorry double post

I have read so many different accounts on the details that I cannot confirm what is fact anymore. So, imoo, the overall picture, from my understanding, is that BL left on Sept. 14 without his phone or wallet, then presumably drove the Mustang and parked at the Carlton Reserve, which is where it remained until the parents picked it up a day or two later with a parking notice on the windshield. The parents either called authorities, or LE showed up and then they reported BL missing on Sept. 17. When the Mustang was searched by LE, an empty gun case was apparently in the trunk.

Now, I understand that for some this might all seem like a well-planned ruse to make it look like BL went to the reserve to kill himself. The parents left the car there to be seen, left the gun case in the trunk to be found, and waited three days to give him a head start. And I guess that is a possibility.

But, sometimes a rose is a rose is a rose.

As I've said before, imo, there were a lot of signs that BL was possibly spiraling in the weeks leading up to GP's death. His mental health prior to her death might hint at his mental health after her death. I would wager that BL's parents' phone records will show a massive number of calls between them and their son during his drive home. I think they probably worried about him harming himself right from the get-go and focused on getting him home, getting him regulated, and getting him legal counsel. I think that's why they didn't respond to GP's family (I'm not defending that choice whatsoever). Why did they let him go hiking at the reserve alone, or why didn't they contact authorities immediately when he left, if they were worried about his mental state? I don't know. But I have a feeling they were not aware that he didn't take his phone or wallet, or that the gun case was empty, until much later, like on the 17th, or maybe not even until the search warrant was served.

I want BL to be found alive so he can answer for what he's done, for GP and her family's sake. But I fear for what else he might have already done...

Last edited:
I've never had a 'burner phone'. I realize they are probably for making and receiving calls, but are they usable for text messaging and internet access?

I know it’s been accurately answered with a simple “Yes” but just for understanding’s sake, when it could potentially be an aspect of this case as things move on, any phone can be a “burner phone”, it just depends how much money you’re willing to “burn”!

Pay-as-you-go cards/packages can include either just calls, just texts, just data, or any combination of the three. Again, it just depends what services someone thinks they’ll need, and how much they’re willing to pay, balanced against how much of a digital footprint one is willing to risk leaving.

@Barbie619 wrote:

"...When I went to the NYC passport office I received my blue passport that same day. It wasn't for an emergency reason, life or death reason, it was a available service without an appointment, a walk in I guess you could call it."

But the NYC office does not use NYC rules. It is a US Passport Agency. Not all states have those as they aren't state offices. According to Passport Agencies

These offices now handle ONLY emergency or urgent travel requests. Appointments are required. Maybe it wasn't always that way but it is now according to the federal government.

"Our passport agencies and centers offer two types of appointments: Life-or-Death Emergency Service and Urgent Travel Service. You must call us to make one of these appointments. Follow the steps on how to apply on each agency and center webpage."

Urgent travel means the applicant has to prove with travel documents that he/she will travel internationally within 3 days. Life or death is dying relatives, funerals, etc. Documentation is required for that too. Appointments are required.

It seems highly unlikely BL did any of that. The only passport agency/center in Florida is in Miami.

No doubt a lot has changed following 9/11 just as they have changed for Motor Vehicles in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23