Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
it sounds like they are giving search crews a bit of a break today and only keeping skeleton staff on to keep the search going

i mean there is only so many days in a row you can work these searchers in that type of area without burning them out

seems like Brian and JB etc only really work Monday - Friday and weekend stuff is " if they want to" almost.. kind of more casual i guess.. maybe they don't get paid for weekend work?

Josh Taylor was quoted as saying they don't have as many people searching because it's a more targeted search. I'm not sure what that means.

"

Chase Campbell
@ChaseC_TV

·
1h

Just spoke with Josh Taylor, the PIO for the City of North Port about the search for #BrianLaundrie -If you haven’t seen a lot of activity from us video-wise around the reserve, it’s because this search is not using as much manpower. Very targeted search (1/2)"

I just want to reply to myself here to say I’m so confused my opinion changes every minute.

I think he’s either smarter than we think and outrunning the FBI with all his hiking and true crime knowledge and potential planning (some people CAN go off the map and not be found) — or he’s a regular old wannabe youtuber survivalist young adult who doesn’t know anything but somehow has had a few lucky breaks and is evading the FBI safely in a lanoi or something, scared shitless or already dead.

I can’t get a read on it. I have a lot of thoughts but I want to write them out clearly so I’m going to sit on it longer. My thoughts will be regarding 1) whether he did or did not have remorse or sadness following GP’s death 2) whether there was or was not planning involved prior to the killing 3) whether there was or was not planning involved after the killing 4) and what all of this could mean (sort of psychologically profiling the situation and behaviors from all sides)…….but I need more time to parse it out. I’ve spent too much time here this week I need a cup of coffee….

1) People who picked him up hitchhiking said he seemed panicked (my words)
And him getting the van and driving straight home makes me think he was scared. (fleeing to safety of home)

2) planning prior to killing? (million dollar question). If he did, I doubt he thought he would be so scared/panicked. (If I am right in #1)

3) If there was planning involved after, I don't think he would have been so scared. (If I am right with my answer to #1). Nor would he have used her bank card. Nor would he kill her on federal land (unless he is just a total idiot). And no need to run home if pre planned. (had to go home to figure out what to do now...)

4) It could all mean he lost control or it was accidental? Could have been both.

very good questions!!!

They must be completely exhausted having to search in those conditions. If I lived nearby I'd be popping down there with some home baking or ice cream for all those involved in the search.

there was a guy on FOX yesterday saying 3 days of searching on foot in those conditions burns enough calories for the searchers to lose pounds and pounds of body weight and they need to stop and eat every couple of hours to keep their nutrition up

that just shows you without all the danger like snakes, alligators, spiders etc how appalling those conditions are in there

Josh Taylor was quoted as saying they don't have as many people searching because it's a more targeted search. I'm not sure what that means.

i saw that as well, just almost seems like a way of saying what i did without saying it lol

In my personal opinion (theory, not fact)- I think his parents are part of what created him. I get the vibes that he was their 'golden child' who could do no wrong. But the family also seems to resolve conflicts by going silent and putting up walls (we saw this in the video of the DV call, we saw this in how Brian/family are acting now....).
So in scenarios like that, we get a guy who is high in narcissism and low in emotional intelligence. His parents probably also expected him to be the future president or some other high-profile, highly-worshipped entity. Instead, he was a travel blogger on YouTube. And his girlfriend was educated (a nutritionist), seemed well-liked, and seemed to be branching off into her own projects. He was fine as long as she was dependent and looked up to him for protection. But branching out on her own? This was a threat to his status. He had to try to break her down to keep her beneath him (calling her website her 'little blog or whatever', for example). My guess is that his ego took a strong blow and he reacted with narcissistic rage. The family system still revolves around their little darling, so the family will fight tooth and nail to preserve their image of their golden child that is the source of their sense of power and pride.
It's easier for them to live in denial than to accept the harsh truth.

Again-- pure speculation on my account. Just the vibe I get.

Your entire theory sounds very plausible.

In my personal opinion (theory, not fact)- I think his parents are part of what created him. I get the vibes that he was their 'golden child' who could do no wrong. But the family also seems to resolve conflicts by going silent and putting up walls (we saw this in the video of the DV call, we saw this in how Brian/family are acting now....).
So in scenarios like that, we get a guy who is high in narcissism and low in emotional intelligence. His parents probably also expected him to be the future president or some other high-profile, highly-worshipped entity. Instead, he was a travel blogger on YouTube. And his girlfriend was educated (a nutritionist), seemed well-liked, and seemed to be branching off into her own projects. He was fine as long as she was dependent and looked up to him for protection. But branching out on her own? This was a threat to his status. He had to try to break her down to keep her beneath him (calling her website her 'little blog or whatever', for example). My guess is that his ego took a strong blow and he reacted with narcissistic rage. The family system still revolves around their little darling, so the family will fight tooth and nail to preserve their image of their golden child that is the source of their sense of power and pride.

GP did not hold any degrees, license, or formal training as a "nutritionist" or dietician. She gave herself that title, likely while working as a juicer. A Certified Nutritionist requires 4 year training in an approved college program.

She appears to have qualified as a pharmacy technician, but that is a high-school level education with some on-line training

There are a lot of self-described nutritionists out there telling people all sorts of unconfirmed stuff.

I dont know how that male policeman was doing what he thought was right by talking to Brian about his toxic ex wife and laughing when he said that Gabby was crazy. He brought his own personal bias into it. He did not ask Brian about the slapping outside the cafe.
My thought was he was trying to buddy up to BL to see if he might slip up and say something incriminating. Also, has it been confirmed that these LE had connected this couple as the same one from the 911 call (reporting that he was slapping her)? Seems like there were two separate reports, and last I read it seemed like they were responding to the latter of the two. Just trying to put it all together.

Ha! Was just thinking of many Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood songs wherein they sing of slashing tires, killing husbands, burning boyfriends to death, etc. To my knowledge, neither has carried out anything heinous. Maybe we should warn Mike Fisher! LOL Art is art.
Exactly! And Ricky Martin who sang songs about women for years. If art imitated life there’d be a lot of dark romance authors in prison right now. /JMO

GP did not hold any degrees, license, or formal training as a "nutritionist" or dietician. She gave herself that title, likely while working as a juicer. A Certified Nutritionist requires 4 year training in an approved college program.

She appears to have qualified as a pharmacy technician, but that is a high-school level education with some on-line training
That's helpful to know.
Thanks for the clarification!

Yep. It's a 5 terabyte external Western Digital drive. Modest, IMO, but kinda large for a four month sightseeing trip... even with aspirations of Youtubing.

Sometimes on black friday and other “deal” days, you see promos where either it’s only the larger size that gets a discount, bringing it down to cheaper/the same price as a smaller one, or the savings percentage is greater on the larger drive. It makes it a “no- brainer” (IMO! I’ve done it xD) to go a bit larger and hopefully not end up needing to buy another one when standard video resolutions increase once more and make file sizes that bit larger again, or you just run out of space, or at least not for a good few years.

Last edited:
I was also wondering this as I also have no clue about the law. If the Laundrie family attorney knows where BL is, is he legally obliged to disclose this to police?

If no, would this change if BL was then cited as being armed/dangerous/a threat to the public etc?

@Alethea I'm calling on your wisdom, please haha

MOO etc yada yada

I don't think the attorney knows. If LE believes he is assisting, he can be considered an accessory after the fact. Even if the attorney claims privilege and refuses to talk, LE can try to get a search warrant for his devices and claim that the communications are not protected by attorney client privilege. You can be subpoenaed to testify and if a Judge finds the communications are not privileged, you face contempt of court if you refuse.

As an attorney, you really, really don't want to know. You are trained to not ask questions you can't hear the answer to. The worst situation for a lawyer is when your client comes to you and gives you their great idea for another crime. You can't participate and you have a "knowledge problem" where if you have knowledge that your client is committing a crime, you can't involve yourself and sometimes you have to resign.

Normally I'd disagree with you, kids grow up with so many people who contribute to their upbringing that I've never been one to blame parents when kids grow up to be horrid adults. However, in this case, I agree. The way the parents are acting is not only disgusting, it's unbelievable. I can't think of anyone I know that wouldn't have returned a call to Gabby's parents. I can't think of anyone I know that wouldn't at least show some concern if they thought their own child had taken their life in a swamp. I see nothing from them. This darkness they created runs deep.

"

Chase Campbell
@ChaseC_TV

·
1h

Just spoke with Josh Taylor, the PIO for the City of North Port about the search for #BrianLaundrie -If you haven’t seen a lot of activity from us video-wise around the reserve, it’s because this search is not using as much manpower. Very targeted search (1/2)"
Brian Laundrie Is Alive, Says Gabby Petito's Best Friend, and Shares Possible Location | The Washington Newsday

Sometimes on black friday and other “deal” days, you see promos where either it’s only the larger size that gets a discount, bringing it down to cheaper/the same price as a smaller one, or the savings percentage is greater on the larger drive. It makes it a “no- brainer” (IMO! I’ve done it xD) to go a bit larger and hopefully not end up needing to buy another one when standard video resolutions make file sizes that bit larger again or you just run out of space, or at least not for a good few years.
For sure. Interesting to me that (presumably) they only found a single drive. serious photographers and videographers (and, by extension, YouTubers) typically utilize two or three 'backup' drives... usually somehow kept apart from each other. But, who knows what logic may exist.

"

Chase Campbell
@ChaseC_TV

·
1h

It sounds like they have narrowed down the search area. Didn't they do a line search yesterday? Maybe they found evidence pointing to his being in that area. JMO

Sneak peek: What Happened to Gabby Petito?

Sneak peek: What Happened to Gabby Petito?
"48 Hours" goes inside the disappearance of Gabby Petito and the hunt for Brian Laundrie. CBS News national correspondent Jericka Duncan reports Saturday, September 25 at 10/9c on CBS and Paramount+.
Wow, Thanks, @sds71 !! Setting my Record button! We'll see how they are looking at this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member