Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

?

Where do you think BL is right now?

1. Mexico

50 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Cuba

12 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. Canada

20 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Carlton Reserve, FL

98 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. Somewhere else in FL

166 vote(s)
    23.4%
  6. New York

24 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Somewhere else in the US

306 vote(s)
    43.2%
  8. Somewhere else in the world

32 vote(s)
    4.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjonez

jjonez Well-Known Member

Understood. Thank you

Sillybilly and tiara1972 like this.

2. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

Wow! that is super interesting. I missed it before, thank you for posting that.

If only she had been encouraged to finish the sentence!

I can think of a lot of possible ways to finish it myself, all conjecture, opinion, etc.:

"that's what he did when he is...

- tired of driving"
    - using"
    - angry"
    - busy"
    - having a crisis"
    - in a hurry"
    - in the middle of a break-up"
    - missing our parents"

The possibilities are intriguing. Anyone have any other theories about how that sentence would have ended? What does the phrase, "because that's what he did when..." mean? That whatever "what he did" happened multiple times?

MOO.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  3. BeanieBod

BeanieBod Well-Known Member

I continue to wonder about this flight by BL to/from Florida. Has anyone found any confirmation that he actually did go to Florida? Where was GP this entire time? In a hotel w/o food? Where was the van? Does anyone know if there was a storage place or was this contrived by BL as part of the ruse? Did GP actually tell her family that BL went to Florida? Why did it take a week to offload a storage place as she doubtfully had any household goods? Where was this place?

Now I wonder if he actually took the van and did some driving around to get his head together after the Moab debacle! Was GP covering for him? Was she actually deserted by him?

MOO And if all this has been covered, I humbly apologize. I have been reading along and do not believe these items have been adequately resolved in my mind.

4. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Apologies for the subject matter:

I’d wondered the same thing—if they’d be able to tell anything about a timeline, after that much time had passed.

Any possibility of using DNA to identify what someone ate as a last meal? I’m grasping at straws. I know decomposition destroys DNA.

Just my speculations and questions

5. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

As much as I’ve always liked Dog.. I don’t see how he thinks anyone is gonna give him info bout where Brian is..

PhoneJockey, lastkiss, SuziQ and 7 others like this.
  6. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

The parents and Brian?

7. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

The speculation I referenced was more the "are we sure GP & R were just friends" stuff that is popping up here and there.

I consider it lurid and unnecessary not because they were two girls but because there is ZERO to suggest that GP was anything other than desperately in love with BL, to the point of being unable to see his abuse for what it was/or accepting it in order to be with him.

It seems against logic that a person trying to frame up her life and livelihood as 1/2 of a pretty, sparkling, adventurous couple traveling alone for months and doing the van life thing would be seeking outside romantic connections (with men or women) at the same time.

Stranger things have happened, but there's nothing to suggest that was the situation here at all.

8. FindingJoLee

FindingJoLee Well-Known Member

It's also super-confusing because even in good partnerships, there's always some accommodating of quirks or doing things you don't totally appreciate. That's the nature of partnership. It takes a lot of wisdom and maturity to even just be aware that things are turning complicated, nevermind to speak up or effectively seek help. Those changes are so easy to miss when you're inexperienced or insecure or even just lulled into quiescence. Are you still in the place where it's ok to accommodate something...or have you, without realizing it, jumped onto a path toward becoming a boiled frog?

9. Lexiintoronto

Lexiintoronto Well-Known Member

MissTilly, TRB, CatInTheHat7 and 26 others like this.
  10. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

If they think they're going to wait this out and it's going to blow over, they're sadly mistaken.

11. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Here is a short piece on DNA, hop it helps

Most Common Medico-Legal Autopsy-Related Human and Nonhuman Biological Samples for DNA Analysis

ShadyLady and wary like this.
  12. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

13. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

"We don't know" is precisely the point I'm making in that I'm pointing out what is publicly known and what isn't. What is publicly known is that he's wanted for bank fraud only, which anything beyond what is publicly known is speculation. If you think there's other sealed warrants that would be speculation and not fact. I for instance think they may have a lot of digital forensic evidence or are in the process of getting it, but my thoughts on that are speculation and not factual.

EmmieA, NCWatcher, tiara1972 and 2 others like this.
  14. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

Refusing to speak/invoking the 5th amendment certainly looks guilty to casual observers (and may indicate exactly that!), but as a legal matter no inferences can be drawn from that fact. It isn't evidence of anything, legally speaking, can't be used in court, can't be used as the basis for legal action.

15. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I think he's kind of putting them on notice, letting them know he's going to be looking for Brian.

TRB, gngr~snap, Laughing and 5 others like this.
  16. Herat

Herat Way out West

I agree. This is a cheap publicity trick by a washed up guy. (He's no good without the wonderful late Beth Chapman. She had all the brains in the family)

17. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

That information has not been confirmed or published but I think it's likely depending upon the cause of death.

18. angelwngs

angelwngs Well-Known Member

This post has only one basic purpose and that is my hope that when I finish writing it and do hit POST that I will be able to “let
    go” of the anger I have each time the dates are discussed in which BL was reportedly home. The image in my mind of him sleeping comfortably, in his parents’s home, in the bed he and Gabby shared, with clean sheets, air conditioning, home cooked meals, warm showers and all the comforts of home; with Gabby’s body left alone, out in the wild, wide open spaces, with all the elements and wildlife to further disgrace it, just builds a fire in my belly that I need to come to grips with… Thanks for the opportunity to put it somewhat peacefully here… so I can leave it.

19. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

Don't you have to wonder if one of the reasons BL's parents didn't respond to GP's parents' texts and calls was because they feared what Dad might do to their son?

MayT, gngr~snap, jking and 7 others like this.
  20. TUTUFUN

TUTUFUN Well-Known Member

Unless possibly on a toll road/turnpike or when using a bridge/tunnel. I suspect that there would be some sort of monitoring of vehicles to prevent non payment by those without an EZ pass or RFID chip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.