Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from England and I've never been to the USA so this might seem like a dumb question, but; How easy is it to travel from state to state in the US?
Do you have to stop at the borders? do you have to show papers etc? or just keep driving?
Not a dumb question at all. You just keep driving. We have an inter-state highway system, with major highways that connect most of the country (numbered with two digits, the even numbers run East/West, odd numbers run North/South, the three-digit ones are, for the most part, ring roads that allow you to skirt around major cities, so there is an Interstate-95, which runs N/S on the East coast. There is a ring around Boston, I-495, and others up and down the Coast). Some of interstate highways have tolls.

It used to be that there were toll booths where you entered the highway and took a ticket, and then when you exited, you paid at another booth based on how many miles you had been on the highway. In the last 25 years or so, those have been slowly replaced by electronic toll systems, where either you have a transponder that you put on your windshield (programs run by the individual states or a consortium of states that have reciprocity so that you don't have to have 50 transponders), or they take a photo of your plate and send you a bill in the mail.

So, while you can freely drive through all of the states and there aren't border stops, there are lots of places along the highway system where your car would leave a trace.

I know people sometimes make maps for cases like this. I haven't seen a map of the area he was hitch-hiking around in. I don't have the skills to do it, but I think it would be really cool to see a map showing that little area and the reported hitch-hiking encounters there.

Thanks for reposting this- I had seen it.... its a great map, but it doesn't yet include the hitchhiking routes.

edit: I do see that the reported sightings of BL are marked on that map with a yellow "?" mark - so that is helpful .... but it would be great to see the roads these folks reported driving on, so we can see the relationship to the place where the van was seen and Gabby was found.

Oh, that is really great!! I think it will be a big help to all of us. I've watched all the various TikTok videos of people who report seeing him or picking him up for a ride, and one lady pointed to places on a map showing where they went, but its very hard to bring it all together and make sense of it.

Try this one?

Gabby Petito Visual Timeline

I was prepared to rant that he was likely there for a photo op but after watching it doesn’t seem that way at all. He did what he set out to do (sorta) then headed back to his car, rebuffing Brian/press along the way. All super casually lol. I can’t help but wonder what he would’ve done or said had they answered the door.

Last edited:
"that's what he did when he is"..............gets upset and needs to get away....go for a long walk?? Needs to cool down" ?????????????????

Alright, I am waaaaaayyyyy speculating.
Speculating, yes, but reasonably. Makes sense that BL enjoys walks in the wild. I do too. It’s relaxing for me to take a hike in the woods, preserves, reserves, etc.

A reason attorneys do not like their cliee Ed nyc talking about a case is that things can come out the wrong way. I think that is what the sister was discovering.

This post has only one basic purpose and that is my hope that when I finish writing it and do hit POST that I will be able to “let
go” of the anger I have each time the dates are discussed in which BL was reportedly home. The image in my mind of him sleeping comfortably, in his parents’s home, in the bed he and Gabby shared, with clean sheets, air conditioning, home cooked meals, warm showers and all the comforts of home; with Gabby’s body left alone, out in the wild, wide open spaces, with all the elements and wildlife to further disgrace it, just builds a fire in my belly that I need to come to grips with… Thanks for the opportunity to put it somewhat peacefully here… so I can leave it.
Detach if you can. I'm getting triggered a lot too... It will pass!

It's also super-confusing because even in good partnerships, there's always some accommodating of quirks or doing things you don't totally appreciate. That's the nature of partnership. It takes a lot of wisdom and maturity to even just be aware that things are turning complicated, nevermind to speak up or effectively seek help. Those changes are so easy to miss when you're inexperienced or insecure or even just lulled into quiescence. Are you still in the place where it's ok to accommodate something...or have you, without realizing it, jumped onto a path toward becoming a boiled frog?

IMO , this is a brilliant post.

This post has only one basic purpose and that is my hope that when I finish writing it and do hit POST that I will be able to “let
go” of the anger I have each time the dates are discussed in which BL was reportedly home. The image in my mind of him sleeping comfortably, in his parents’s home, in the bed he and Gabby shared, with clean sheets, air conditioning, home cooked meals, warm showers and all the comforts of home; with Gabby’s body left alone, out in the wild, wide open spaces, with all the elements and wildlife to further disgrace it, just builds a fire in my belly that I need to come to grips with… Thanks for the opportunity to put it somewhat peacefully here… so I can leave it.
I know. Today is National Daughter Day and it just adds another layer to it all. Hug your children, your family and never miss a moment to tell people that you love them. Pay love forward to your family and friends. It's the best way to show respect for the loss of those like Gabby.

I’d say the people who likely knew them best in the months leading up to the trip were their coworkers. Assuming they worked a lot since they had the goal of making money for the trip, and knowing they worked together (which is not always the easiest thing IMO) it would make sense to me for the coworkers to have more accurate accounts of their relationship. As opposed to friends they either saw infrequently or friends who knew of Brian but never met Brian. /jmo

MOO

But unless they hung out with the coworkers after work, the coworkers might know very little of the relationship. I believe we have proof that BL could control himself well—when he wanted to. Consider the police stop.

And then there’s all the loving images and videos of the two of them that we’ve seen. Makes me sick.

MOO

I agree. This is a cheap publicity trick by a washed up guy. (He's no good without the wonderful late Beth Chapman. She had all the brains in the family)

i don’t like what he did either. But he, as does anyone, has the right to go up to the door, knock on it and ask to have a word with the residents of a house. The residents do not have to answer the door , nor do they have to speak with such persons.

There is a bounty and he is a bounty hunter. And, yes, a publicity HOUND.

Don't you have to wonder if one of the reasons BL's parents didn't respond to GP's parents' texts and calls was because they feared what Dad might do to their son?

I wondered if that was what he told his parents: "We broke up and she went back to her family and now they're all harassing me wanting me to come back to her no just don't even talk to them until they calm down..."

Speculating, yes, but reasonably. Makes sense that BL enjoys walks in the wild. I do too. It’s relaxing for me to take a hike in the woods, preserves, reserves, etc.

A reason attorneys do not like their cliee Ed nyc talking about a case is that things can come out the wrong way. I think that is what the sister was discovering.

Or that they can slip and say too much.

It appears--JMOO--some of those who are closest to the people involved in this case are being asked by LE to be quiet.

That would make sense considering we can't seem to get any official confirmation on whether BL flew back to Florida or not. Why would something like that be so secret? I mean, wasn't it Gabby's mother who first said it--so it's out there, right? It's not like no one knows, and I also think it probably isn't related to her death.

JMOO

It's my theory that in this case and by the way it developed, people talk who want to talk and people who don't, don't. Before there was a "crime" per se, there was no reason to tell people not to talk except on advice of counsel.

That's just one opinion. I'm sure many will say differently, and so I'm saying it for them right here.

So I think we might not hear more about this trip because there was bad information, and there's nothing more to it because it didn't happen. I just can't imagine that he left her alone in a whole state a week before her death, but no one is reporting it. No news outlet, nothing. It's only been mentioned on the Uncle's paper and really in passing by the mom, right? And the dad, who worked on her website with her all day the 21st did not say Brian was not there or in town. To the contrary, her father made statements that if Brian left Gabby, the father would fly out to get her. Now, maybe the father didn't feel she was abandoned at that time, but I find it odd he'd mention what he'd do if Brian left her somewhere, but not mention that Brian actually did leave her somewhere.

Know what I mean?

I know it's a popular theory that people are told not to talk, but when a person is missing, isn't it just the opposite? Please DO TALK. If you saw her alone at this hotel, please call us! I mean, maybe someone started stalking her at that hotel. Right? So I don't see why they wouldn't talk about a period she was alone and could have met someone that followed them to her death site.

I know that probably didn't happen. I am making a hypothetical about why they should be talking about that week if Brian did indeed leave her alone that one week in Utah at the Fairfield.

I wondered if that was what he told his parents: "We broke up and she went back to her family and now they're all harassing me wanting me to come back to her no just don't even talk to them until they calm down..."
Maybe at first but then it became public that she was missing. Just can't wrap my head around their silence at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88