Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

?

Where do you think BL is right now?

1. Mexico

50 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Cuba

12 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. Canada

20 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Carlton Reserve, FL

98 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. Somewhere else in FL

166 vote(s)
    23.4%
  6. New York

24 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Somewhere else in the US

306 vote(s)
    43.2%
  8. Somewhere else in the world

32 vote(s)
    4.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

ChiCubs2016, ctmom, ShadyLady and 4 others like this.

2. EmmieA

EmmieA Well-Known Member

@ShadyLady I totally agree w your last comment especially the last sentence “I just dont see what many people on this site see....” thank you!

3. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

I was asking about this a couple threads back & got some amazingly detailed answers. Apparently a phone can be tracked even if it’s off. One method explained to me was it can be found using the phone’s IMEI. I don’t understand it well enough to re-explain it! But if anyone does a search for that or phone tracking in this forum, in the last couple of threads, some really good information should come up.

4. orchidaceaes

orchidaceaes Well-Known Member

Here is an amazing map of the case someone compiled and posted in a previous thread. I don't know who to give credit to because I had to search for it in my google chrome history, but it's a great resource

GP - Google My Maps

LaLaw2000, LeeAnnB, Skypie and 20 others like this.
  5. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

People missing the signs is what the variable is.
    This wasn't some great relationship that had an added stress or variable that made it awful IMO.

Not being rude but people aren't aware of the signs of relationship red flags so they tend to look back and say "there were none". Anyone who is trauma informed or even just psychologically informed can see them from a mile away.

GP's family and friends in Long Island saying they didn't know him (evasive) - red flag
    Moving in together far away from her parents and established relationships rather early on in the relationship (isolating) - red flag
    The early public proclamations of undying love or love until death (love bombing) - red flag
    No apparent work ethic or goals aside drifting around (lack of ethics) - red flag

All those red flags escalate over time. Toss them in a high stress situation and they escalate at a more rapid and toxic pace.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  6. Mito

Mito Well-Known Member

There is nothing more painful than realizing as a verbally abused person that people will always buy the story of the manipulative abuser. Your own family will believe the abuser. Until you’ve stood in front of one of these soulless demons you can’t know how demoralized and defenseless you become. They find your most painful buttons and push them hard and often so you will react and they can laugh as you cry, or defend yourself. The are high on the power to make you sad or angry. The tears are like drugs to these people. If GP hated his dirty feet messing up the van you can be sure he did it every single time. It’s a game for them.

Sticks&bugs, ErinC, pcrum12 and 46 others like this.
  7. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen Well-Known Member

Exactly!

Which begs the question..

If BL didn't fly home to FL for a week, then where was he for an entire week in the van whilst GP was holed up in a hotel in Salt Lake City!?

8. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Diddian, TRB, mitzy and 16 others like this.
  9. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

A couple of questions:
    1. What is the crime rate in that particular camper/tourist community, and what is the nature of those crimes. Theft? Battery? Drug dealing? Sexual assault?
    2. Would possible assailants avail themselves to LE interviews, or leave the area?

10. Parsnip

Parsnip Well-Known Member

I am both trauma informed and psychologically informed. I don’t take personal offense to your claim, but at least in my case, it doesn’t apply. You don’t have to believe me, and I respect that it is up to you. But I know that it not true about myself.

11. ivegotcha

ivegotcha Well-Known Member

12. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

Come on Mr. Laundrie.. come out of hidingggggggg.

13. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

Are you saying, that it’s possible she lied to her parents and said he had to fly home for some reason, so they’d pay for the hotel, because she was embarrassed to tell them the truth about where he was?

And that’s why only her family has mentioned that claim?

If not, what are you saying? Genuinely asking, I hadn’t even considered that.

How does her dad thinking he was ordering Uber eats for “them” play into that?

14. citizen_sleuth

citizen_sleuth Well-Known Member

I am working on one now!

15. bellyup

I'm also not sold she was holed up in a hotel for a week. There's been nothing to confirm any of this. Only GP's parents know (some?) or (parts) of it.
    I think it's entirely possible that BL left with her van, phone and card after a fight.

GP was stuck so she called dad and asked him to cover for a hotel for a night or two and made up the excuse that he had gone back to FL. I'm sure that LE has a lot more information about what happened that week including how long GP was in a hotel, who paid for it and if there are or are not flight records. Would be super interesting to know what they know on that week.

16. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

To clarify, I am not saying there was not volatility in their relationship. The pattern of breaking up off and on, showed that. I am well aware of patterns of abuse, through personal history and through study. But, I still think after 4-5 months of close contact (two trips) and new pressures might have been what set off the death of one of them....or both. That is all I am saying here. I hope they release the autopsy results soon. Hopefully that might shed more light.

Haze, TJGirl, ChiCubs2016 and 12 others like this.
  17. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

You beat me to it, Aescwynn! I was gonna post that perhaps Gabby was getting a bit more independent in her skills and her plans for the future. Maybe he felt threatened; maybe she kept encouraging him to get more serious on having a "real job." She was looking beyond "today," and he wasn't. I don't see her nagging him about it -- I'm sure she knew better than that. But maybe he felt that his control over her was lessening. Built-up jealousy, perhaps, and certainly a bit of anger and probably a bit of misogyny... And then it just blew up.

18. bellyup

I'm not sure what part you are saying isn't true "about yourself".
    I wasn't talking about you?

I was referring to the people in GP's situation who are saying they didn't see red flags. Likely because they aren't trained or aware in order to notice them. Not that it was some situation that "broke the camels back" so to speak.

ErinC, bluenoser, ChiCubs2016 and 6 others like this.
  19. elmomom

elmomom Well-Known Member

I have suspected for awhile that GP told her mother a story about BL flying home to move things in or out of storage, and did not tell her Dad about BL leaving at all. I don’t know what happened that week that she stayed at the hotel, but I do not believe her parents are convinced they know the truth either.

LeeAnnB, bluenoser, TRB and 19 others like this.
  20. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen Well-Known Member

I wasn't actually meaning that BUT that's a great point you've raised regarding maybe GP did lie because she felt embarrassed that they'd run out of money? Perhaps that's a plausible option.

However, what I was getting at was did BL tell GP he was flying home, but he didn't actually go home?

He took the van though. We know he liked to be out in the wilderness doing his own thing. Did he tell her he was flying home, left in the van, and just literally hiked for a week somewhere?

I don't believe there are ANY confirmed sightings of him during the week that he was supposedly back home in FL.

As always, happy to be corrected on this as there has been so much info to mull over and digest with this case.

MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.