Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

?

Where do you think BL is right now?

1. Mexico

50 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Cuba

12 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. Canada

20 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Carlton Reserve, FL

98 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. Somewhere else in FL

166 vote(s)
    23.4%
  6. New York

24 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Somewhere else in the US

306 vote(s)
    43.2%
  8. Somewhere else in the world

32 vote(s)
    4.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

I want to remind people that during Cassie’s media interview, she started to say something about how she didn’t know why Brian would return without Gabby, or why he’d drive, that she would’ve expected he’d fly because he’d recently flown….but she cut herself off and said she couldn’t talk about that due to police looking into that. I’ll try to find the clip. BUT that was the only additional semi-confirmation — other than GP’s families claims — regarding BL’s potential 8/17 flight to FL. Even though she didn’t mention 8/17 or a location, she did start to mention a recent flight he’d taken. @elmomom @Newsjunkiejen

ETA: Not sure if this was a slip-up, or innocent, or even if she knew because we as the public knew that too but didn’t know it first-hand. I still don’t think this is confirmation it occurred but it is an interesting tidbit. It’s also possible he flew home for something like a funeral and she knew about that.

ETA: Here is that transcript and the clip ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito
    Question: Did you know that the van was back and you're...?

Cassie Laundrie: No.

Question: So you didn't know that he came back without the...?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that.

Questioner: No problem. No problem.

Cassie Laundrie: I think that's more police stuff.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021

2. captdj

captdj Well-Known Member

In the light of being in WY and coming back to FL...just to hide next door....In the big scheme of things this is Not the thing to do. But again neither is flaunting BL around the neighborhood. I hope their intelligence is sound and not just based on his parents words.

3. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Here's my Big Question:
    Do we (or the Feds) know for sure that he was ever in that area? If so, how? Maybe I just forgot...

4. Parsnip

Parsnip Well-Known Member

I just included myself in your “anyone” statement. But if you meant that only to refer to the people who knew them, I get what you are saying.

5. Jinkasaurus

Jinkasaurus Well-Known Member

Thanks for reposting this- I had seen it.... its a great map, but it doesn't yet include the hitchhiking routes.

edit: I do see that the reported sightings of BL are marked on that map with a yellow "?" mark - so that is helpful .... but it would be great to see the roads these folks reported driving on, so we can see the relationship to the place where the van was seen and Gabby was found.

Oh, that is really great!! I think it will be a big help to all of us. I've watched all the various TikTok videos of people who report seeing him or picking him up for a ride, and one lady pointed to places on a map showing where they went, but its very hard to bring it all together and make sense of it.

ChiCubs2016, jjonez, borndem and 5 others like this.
  6. Eli9

Eli9 Well-Known Member

The storage story didn't even make sense to GP's mom IIRC. It seems to me I remember reading somewhere (maybe the media thread?) that during that time frame SLC was 'blanketed' in smoke from wildfires and maybe that was why they stayed in a hotel, but then again I could be wrong.

7. captdj

captdj Well-Known Member

In the light of being in WY and coming back to FL...just to hide next door....In the big scheme of things this is Not the thing to do. But again neither is flaunting BL around the neighborhood. I hope their intelligence is sound and not just based on his parents words.

SMK777 and Newsjunkiejen like this.
  8. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

Can you tag me if you find the clip. I'm going to check the media thread but there is SO much on this case finding something you missed is like ... Finding BL yourself :confused:

9. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

10. wasnt_me

wasnt_me Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with that car, but I do really want to know. From what I understand, people spotted it in news reports on Wednesday and it was in the driveway. You can go to that reporter Brian Entin. Find the 15th of September, and you'll see that car sitting there.

Edit to fix the reporter's name. Someone alerted me to the misspelling.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

11. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Veering a bit OT here, but ...

TOS actually applies to private discussions as well so, it's not so much that they are allowed, it's moreso that we don't have access to read or monitor what is being discussed in private. The only time we could or would get involved is if a member of the private conversation used the Report feature to send us a copy. (IOW, it's generally hands off but if someone in the private/group discussion was harassing, verbally abusive or threatening, a member can involve us by Reporting).

If there are more questions in this regard, please use the Report feature to enquire or PM a Mod or Admin and we'll try to clarify.

12. Eli9

Eli9 Well-Known Member

start with page 3 of the media thread.

ETA page 3 is way too early if it the interview with BL's sister. Sorrrrrrrry

ChiCubs2016 and bellyup like this.
  13. Beetlebrow

Beetlebrow Well-Known Member

Bright and colorful, Just like Gabby. Fly on sweet angel.....

14. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

In terms of TOS am I allowed to paste a comment from another poster (with credit) from a prior thread? I’d like to carry forward some valuable comments someone made about phone tracking, since it’s being discussed today, & if I try to paraphrase I will really make a mess of it!! TIA!

15. wary

wary Well-Known Member

As far as I know, we don’t even know for sure that it happened.

MOO

ChiCubs2016, kotis, troff and 5 others like this.
  16. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

MOD NOTE

Please see the POLL that has been added at members’ request to the top of the thread pages, and participate if you would like :D

17. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen On Time Out

Well remembered, yes! BL's sister did stop herself mid sentence and then say she can't talk about that.

I reckon LE are fairly sure of the whereabouts of BL during that week and she has maybe been instructed not to discuss with/disclose it to the media. Unless it was the Laundrie family lawyer that told her to keep schtum!?

Had they already appointed a lawyer when Cassie gave the interview?

18. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen On Time Out

Far too excited at the fact there's a poll!!!! :D:p

Barbie619, ChiCubs2016 and ShadyLady like this.
  19. Floy1

Floy1 Active Member

20. angelwngs

angelwngs Well-Known Member

Trying to remember them searching for the fugitive in high profile cases in the past. I do believe they would have already become involved were they still looking for Gabby. I’ve just always thought of them as 1st and foremost, a Victim’s Advocate Search Party. But I could be way off…

ChiCubs2016, wary and whatsnext like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.