Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't allowed to sleuth the friend on WS but I find this friend to be entirely believable and without motive. She seems genuinely devastated on her own social media and doesn't appear to be capitalizing on GP's disappearance or trying to.

I'm not sure why people want to question finding a friend on Bumble. This is not at all uncommon for people who are new to an area and don't have friends and even those that do. Bumble has a business & community networking app, friend seeking app and a dating app.
I question the Bumble friend simply because she seems to be the only friend with a conflicting view on Gabby and Brian’s relationship. A lot of what she’s said contrasts with the accounts of Gabby’s other friends who’ve made comments in regards to the relationship. She’s also the only friend who got a photo op… I found that weird. /JMO

if so, why did he return after 8/23? why not stay in FL? I was also surprised... someone quoted GP's father's TV interview saying that they took a car trip out west in 2020...so they took a long trip together before and both survived... why was this one fatal?
Part of that footage is in the nomadic statik YouTube video. She had a Nissan Sentra they drove and probably stayed in hotels. So it was likely less tight of a situation. Also, maybe one more year in the abusive cycle that seems apparent, some of the controlling stuff BL has been said to do probably escalated. Also, there’s been some talk of his mental state worsening, so if that’s the case one more year of untreatable mental health issue could exasperate things. I think this was not planned out and his abuse escalated and murdered her.

I'm from England and I've never been to the USA so this might seem like a dumb question, but; How easy is it to travel from state to state in the US?
Do you have to stop at the borders? do you have to show papers etc? or just keep driving?
No stopping. No papers. Just a sign saying you left a state and another saying you entered a state.

Bumble friend? hmmmm.....

One thing comes to mind. With all their breakups we dont know who was the one walking away or was it both. Regarding how much money that had left...her dad seem to think they had money, but we dont know how honest Gabby was with her dad. Might not have wanted him to worry. But, obviously they were not making much with the online media.

I thought it interesting that when LE asked Gabby where she worked she said she had just left a juice bar, that she was a nutritionist. Maybe worked for Brian's family. Friends said they both saved up for van and trips. They might have decided to put the van in her name and have one account in her name but shared the pin.

We really have so little information. LE wants to make sure if this comes to trial, all ducks in a row.

Agree. I thought it was odd, too, when Gabby said what she used to do for a living. I thought I read that she and Brian worked at Publix. That was never mentioned by Gabby, was it? You might be right about her working for his parents, which makes me wonder why it's "used to be" a nutritionist. I have to listen to her again to make sure I have her words right, though.

As for who walked away when, I was specifically talking about what the sister was saying in her interview that had to do with Brian possibly returning to Florida during the trip.

ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

The sister was saying "that's what he did when he is..." and we were trying to figure out if she was talking about a habit Brian had or a one-off when she said this.

Question: So you didn't know that he came back without the...?
Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that.
Questioner: No problem. No problem.

The friend you mention, she'd probably know, too. It's just weird that none of the media is talking about his possible 8.17 trip of Brian's. Maybe it has more to do with the case than we could ever imagine.

I'm from England and I've never been to the USA so this might seem like a dumb question, but; How easy is it to travel from state to state in the US?
Do you have to stop at the borders? do you have to show papers etc? or just keep driving?

no borders... you can freely travel between any of them at any time- usually just a sign on the road that says "welcome to florida!"

I agree that the incident at the restaurant had a direct link to Gabby's demise. It only takes a split second of thought for a murder to be premeditated.

So with children, Physical child abuse leading to death is murder one. The reason is any adult knows that any form of physical abuse can lead to death. So is there anything similar for DV related abuse leading to death in adults? I should research that.

All moo.
One way for the restaurant incident to lead to her death is if, after another public scene like that, she said, that's it, our relationship is over. Statistically women are at most risk when ending the relationship.

You just keep driving and there’s a sign that says you’re in a new state. Same as a driving around different regions within a country in Europe.

There is nothing more painful than realizing as a verbally abused person that people will always buy the story of the manipulative abuser. Your own family will believe the abuser. Until you’ve stood in front of one of these soulless demons you can’t know how demoralized and defenseless you become. They find your most painful buttons and push them hard and often so you will react and they can laugh as you cry, or defend yourself. The are high on the power to make you sad or angry. The tears are like drugs to these people. If GP hated his dirty feet messing up the van you can be sure he did it every single time. It’s a game for them.
I took a lil time out to make some home made macaroni salad n clean house a bit. I felt good & decided to come back here & read some more threads. Of course there's a new thread so I click on that & start reading. I quickly come to this post. I debate on scrolling but something made me come back and read it again. I hit reply. I've been pretty good handling the majority of info in this case colliding with personal experience but for some reason... out of the blue, boom... this hit me. Why? I don't know. Perhaps sometimes those overwhelming, helpless, invisible feelings, along with many others that I could so easily list (but right now, I just can't go there) get triggered and this is one of those times. If you "get" what I'm talking about... then please remember: "You're not alone". We are all here for one reason or another including those who have stood in Gabbys shoes & felt "invisible". YOU'RE NOT INVISIBLE. You are what keep me going. You are why I keep the faith.

So upon locating her remains she’s thought have been deceased for ~10 days(???). Is that about right? Given that, how narrowly can “time” of death be estimated??

They will have to rely on proof of life and when that stopped. Witness sightings, computer activity, things like that. But that will only get them so far. Now if she was wearing an Apple watch or something similar, they can pinpoint the minute her heart stopped.

Very easy, no requirements at all, there would not be any paper trail from showing papers. If you avoid tolls, you would not leave a trail although with today's technology, cameras everywhere, it would be very hard to not leave a trail.

Last edited:
“As the "major" part of the search ended Friday, Taylor said Saturday's and Sunday's efforts will be focusing on "areas of more likelihood."

Law enforcement won't be providing regular updates unless something of note is found over the weekend, Taylor said” here

ugh, the radio silence is getting to me. Not been able to function properly today trying to keep up with any new news & listening to scanner. And now we know that we won’t be getting regular updates. Fingers crossed they find him soon!
Might be a good sign that there's radio silence so if BL is somehow able to hear what's going on, he won't know where they are looking.

I question the Bumble friend simply because she seems to be the only friend with a conflicting view on Gabby and Brian’s relationship. A lot of what she’s said contrasts with the accounts of Gabby’s other friends who’ve made comments in regards to the relationship. She’s also the only friend who got a photo op… I found that weird. /JMO

GP's other friends have stated they didn't know BL very well from what I have seen.
Is there another friend stating they had a great relationship free from problems because I must have missed that?

Yes, it's good evidence but I wouldn't call it sufficient evidence. They'd need more than that, like something that specifically ties him to the murder scene that can't be explained away by them cohabitating. He for instance seems like a weird guy and he also appears to have been in a panic, which even if he was innocent he might not want to tell her parents that she was murdered so was engaging in a dilatory tactic as he decided what to do. I think he engaged in that dilatory tactic because he was the murderer, but you'd need better than that for an actual serious criminal conviction instead of just a mere opinion on a message board.

Now you have me thinking about the trial if there is one. Circumstantial evidence mostly, unless they found a weapon, rock of some kind with DNA?? So, how Gabby's body was left...frankly I think he will confess if caught, and has already done so to his parents.

I know I am frustrated with the lack of evidence LE has released, but I know they absolutely want to get this right.

You keep driving- there are signs at the state borders, maybe a rest stop or visitor center but there’s no border stops or anything. The only exception I know of is the produce stop coming into California. I don’t know anything official about them/ the laws that are being upheld. But you are stopped driving into California to be asked about having any plants, produce, maybe seeds?

As an avid hiker and lover of the outdoors, if I were in BL's shoes I would be somewhere I loved and enjoyed, not stuck up a tree fighting off fire ants and mosquitoes. IMO, he's having a last hoorah in nature, one that could last as long as possible and sustain the imagination through years of possible incarceration.

I suggested Canada in the poll-- as it's a hiker's paradise, remote, accessible via hiking, perhaps known to him due to his youth in the Northeast, and filled with cabins and vacation homes that are emptying out at this time of year.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members